Attorney General William Barr said on Monday that the Trump administration can add the citizenship question to the census for 2020 and will be proceeding as such, despite the Supreme Court ruling last month.
“I agree with him that the Supreme Court decision was wrong,” Barr said in an interview with the Associated Press.
He added that there is “an opportunity potentially to cure the lack of clarity that was the problem and we might as well take a shot at doing that.”
Last month’s SCOTUS ruling was primarily centered around the administration’s justification of adding the citizenship to the census, which was to properly enforce the Voting Rights Act. Chief Justice John Roberts joined the liberal court members in saying their rationale “seems to have been contrived.”
Barr will be tasked in coming up with a new reasoning to add citizenship to the census, and the Justice Department has shaken up their legal team to ready themselves for the next battle.
“Since these cases began, the lawyers representing the United States in these cases have given countless hours to defending the Commerce Department and have consistently demonstrated the highest professionalism, integrity and skill inside and outside the courtroom,” department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement.
Although it was widely reported that President Trump would give up on the census question after the SCOTUS ruling, he quickly went onto Twitter to denounce those reports as fake news.
The News Reports about the Department of Commerce dropping its quest to put the Citizenship Question on the Census is incorrect or, to state it differently, FAKE! We are absolutely moving forward, as we must, because of the importance of the answer to this question.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 3, 2019
So important for our Country that the very simple and basic “Are you a Citizen of the United States?” question be allowed to be asked in the 2020 Census. Department of Commerce and the Department of Justice are working very hard on this, even on the 4th of July!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 4, 2019
Trump has proven those mainstream reports as fake, and will be moving forward with his efforts to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census. Recent opinion polls have shown that the public is firmly on his side when it comes to this decision.
— Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) July 7, 2019
Barr refused to give any specific details about his strategy in how the censorship question will be added to the 2020 census in the interview, but is expected to move forward on a new strategy in the upcoming weeks.
Biden’s Syria Strikes Killed at Least 22 People – More than Both of Trump’s Strikes on the Country
Biden’s airstrike killed 22 people.
President Joe Biden has surpassed President Trump’s body-count for US involvement in Syria’s bloody and seemingly endless civil war- killing more people in one batch of airstrikes than were killed in both of Trump’s military actions targeting Syrian government forces in the country in 2017 and 2018.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has indicated that 22 pro-Assad militia fighters were killed in the airstrike, which reportedly struck three trucks after they crossed the Iraq-Syria border. The airstrikes were staged in response to missile attacks that killed an international contractor and injured US military service members earlier this month, with the Biden administration pointing to Iranian backing of Shia militias in both Iraq and Syria.
Trump’s first missile strike on Syrian government facilities in response to a chemical weapons incident in 2017. Ranges of causalities range from nine to 16 deaths. President Trump oversaw a far more aggressive military campaign to destroy the ISIS caliphate, while dealing with the Syrian government in a more conservative and measured fashion.
Observers maintain that President Trump’s second missile strike on the Syrian government didn’t even kill anyone, with the Syrian government describing six soldiers and three civilians as having been injured in the series of missile strikes that targeted scientific and alleged chemical munitions facilities.
President Trump was in office for four years and avoided inflicting casualties of the kind Biden has in just over a month- on a questionable intelligence basis. Biden’s action may suggest his administration intends to further pursue aggressive action and regime change in Syria, a long-sought priority of the western globalist establishment.
Someone should ask @PressSec her own question verbatim about Biden’s Syria bombing at tomorrow’s briefing (and while the context of her tweet was Trump’s bombing of Syrian forces, the question still applies): https://t.co/9ebYPywQPB
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) February 26, 2021
This military action was by every indication more lethal and serious than anything Trump implemented in Syria or Iraq during his presidency- including the killing of Iranian terrorist leader Qassem Soleimani. The corporate-establishment media has largely glossed over the event, refusing to scrutinize the questionable intelligence behind the consequential airstrikes.
White House2 days ago
Secret Service Members Confirm That Joe Biden’s Mental Faculties are Indeed in “Bad Shape,” Dan Bongino Says
Around The World3 days ago
Biden Authorizes Attack on Syria, Kamala FURIOUS It Wasn’t Her Call
White House4 days ago
SLEEPY? Biden Yet to Deliver First State of the Union Amid Confused Public Appearances
Free Speech2 days ago
Wikipedia’s Founder is Creating New Free Speech Competitor to Website, Citing Leftist Domination
Free Speech3 days ago
Trump Preparing Case Before “Facebook Supreme Court” to Restore Platform Access
States4 days ago
SICK: California Bill Proposes to Fine Retailers That Maintain Separate Clothing and Toys Sections for Boys and Girls
States4 days ago
Michigan Republicans Demand Inquiry Into Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Murderous COVID-19 Nursing Home Policies
Congress1 day ago
Arizona’s Paul Gosar Proposes Amending Coronavirus Package to Replace Pork with $10,000 Stimulus Checks