Connect with us

Fake News Media

At WaPo, It Was ‘Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.’ Now The Paper Ignores Vanessa Tyson’s Title

The paper is making a conscious effort not to bolster Vanessa Tyson’s credibility.

Published

on

Here’s an interesting leftist media double-standard.

When Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was making wild allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in September, despite not remembering the date, time, or place in which the alleged incident occurred, Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post insisted that you, and I, and the rest of the world use her full name: Dr. Christine Blasey Ford.

The paper published an entire piece on the subject.

Trending: CDC Admits There is No Proof COVID-19 is Airborne Virus and They Have Been Misleading the Public All Along

It was called “Her name is Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. Use it.”

take our poll - story continues below

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense?

  • VOTE NOW: Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense when he shot three BLM rioters? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“No matter where you stand on Christine Blasey Ford’s accusation of sexual assault against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, it’s hard not to notice the inequality in how the two have been addressed,” wrote Steven Petrew. “President Trump has routinely referred to ‘Judge Kavanaugh.’ For instance, the president said earlier this week: ‘Judge Kavanaugh is one of the finest people that I’ve ever known,’ which is the appropriate and respectful manner in which to address him. (When you’ve earned an honorific, people should use it. The rule applies equally to Trump, who is properly addressed as “Mr. President,” even if you’re a Democrat.)”

The piece went on to whine that President Donald J. Trump called Ford “the woman” (despite the fact that he called her Dr. Ford in a Tweet) and that Kellyanne Conway called Ford “her” and “the accuser.”

This really miffed The Washington Post back in September.

Flash forward to Wednesday.

At this point, we know that the paper spiked Dr. Vanessa Tyson’s allegations against Democratic Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax last year, dismissing them as “uncorroborated.” (If that is the standard, then WaPo should immediately retract every story on Ford, but that’s a different story.) Interestingly, the paper does not seem to have the same feeling about “honorifics” in regard to Tyson.

“Professor who accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of 2004 sexual assault issues statement detailing alleged incident,” was the WaPo headline from Wednesday.

The piece does not mention that Tyson has a doctorate, and rightfully holds the “honorific” Dr., except in the context of quoting Fairfax’s denial of the alleged sexual assault. It also avoids using her name at all costs.

“Fairfax vehemently denied the allegation, saying that the woman was lying and that he was the victim of a ‘smear,'” the paper said. “The woman, meanwhile, was silent.”

Back in September, describing an accuser as “the woman” was out of bounds for the folks at Washington Post. Apparently, that’s only the standard when the accuser is accusing a Republican.

“She accused Fairfax of forcing her to perform oral sex during the encounter, which took place during the Democratic National Convention in Boston,” the piece continued.

Later in the piece, the paper referred to the accuser only as “Tyson.” There was no discussion about “honorifics” or respect.

Though slight, this distinction between the descriptors used for Ford and Tyson is a perfect example of subtle media bias, in this case used by the far-left media to discredit allegations of sexual abuse that might damage a Democrat.


Follow Peter D’Abrosca on Twitter: @pdabrosca

Like Peter D’Abrosca on Facebook: facebook.com/peterdabrosca

Fake News Media

Reuters Calls Louisville Riots Where Cops Were Shot by Black Lives Matter Terrorists ‘Mostly Peaceful’

Published

on

After cops were shot in Louisville during widespread Black Lives Matter rioting on Wednesday night, Reuters had the audacity to claim that the demonstrations were “mostly peaceful.”

In the Reuters article linked in the tweet, the shooting of the police officers was buried in the article. Instead, editors focused on the race of the cops who returned fire to Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend after he shot at them while they were carrying out a lawful warrant at his home.

take our poll - story continues below

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense?

  • VOTE NOW: Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense when he shot three BLM rioters? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Two white policemen who fired into the apartment of Breonna Taylor, a Black medical worker, will not be prosecuted for her death because their use of force was justified, and a third was charged with endangering her neighbors, Kentucky’s attorney general said on Wednesday,” they wrote.

Reuters buried the lead, opting to demonize the “heavily armed police” who sent the “crowd scurrying for cover,” even though it was the Black Lives Matter/ANTIFA terrorists who shot the law enforcement officers.

Big League Politics reported on the decision by Kentucky officials to charge one of the three officers involved in the shooting death of Taylor:

On September 23, 2020, Jefferson County Judge Annie O’Connell announced that fired detective Brett Hankinson will be indicted on three counts of wanton endangerment for his actions on the night of Breonna Taylor’s death.

Hankison had previously admitted to shooting blindly. Some of those shots were fired into neighboring apartments not into Breonna Taylor’s where her boyfriend had opened fire onto police.

Myles Cosgrove and Jonathan Mattingly, the other two officers involved in a serving a search warrant on the night that Taylor was killed, did not receive any charges.

The city of Louisville was placed under a state of emergency on September 22, when city officials shutdown a significant portion of the city perimeter to traffic. The majority of administrative building and other businesses were boarded up prior to the decision. Louisville has been rocked by riots related to Taylor’s death in March. These riots have been occurring for over 100 days and have resulted in a number of deaths and heated confrontations with law enforcement.

Starting on the night of September 23, there will be a 72-hour curfew in Louisville. The curfew will not apply to people partaking in essential travel, which includes work-related purposes or medical attention. Kentucky National Guard members will be deployed to the city for the purpose of maintaining public order…

Conservatives and nationalists should make it a point to promote healthy debate, while establishing a baseline of public security, to ensure that the country does not spiral further out of control in such times of instability.

 

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending