Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is back on the campaign trail following his recent heart attack, but he has admitted that he will be forced to slow down substantially due to his health concerns.
“I think we’re going to change the nature of the campaign a bit,” Sanders told reporters gathered outside his Burlington home following his visit to a cardiologist. “I’ll make sure I have the strength to do what I have to do.”
The 78-year-old radical socialist also admits that the heart attack might not help his chances to be the Democratic Party nominee to challenge President Donald Trump in 2020.
“Look, everything that happens every day weighs on how people feel about you,” he added. “You look at the totality of who a candidate is. You look at what that candidate stands for, the integrity of that candidate, the history of that candidate. I have been fighting for working families for my entire adult life.”
Sanders admits that he made serious mistakes in misjudging his stamina and his ability to campaign at his age.
“I must confess, I was dumb. I was born and thank God, I have a lot of energy. And during this campaign, I’ve been doing in some cases three or four rallies a day, going all over the state, Iowa, New Hampshire, wherever. And yet I in the last month or two, just more fatigued than I usually have been,” Sanders said.
After Sanders had his heart attack on Oct. 1, the media initially covered for him until the campaign was forced to admit the obvious:
The doctors who operated on the heart of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) earlier this week have confirmed that the Democrat presidential contender did in fact suffer a heart attack, despite widespread reports to the contrary.
In their official statement, the doctors noted that Sanders suffered from a “myocardial infarction,” which is the technical term for heart attack.
“The Senator was stable upon arrival and taken immediately to the cardiac catheterization laboratory, at which time two stents were placed in a blocked coronary artery in a timely fashion,” the doctors’ statement read. “All other arteries were normal.” …
Before the announcement was made, the fake news would not admit that Sanders suffered from a heart attack. They mentioned that he had an artery blockage, and the need to put stents inside of his blocked artery, but stopped short at admitting the obvious.
The campaign tried to minimize what happened at first as well.
“During a campaign event yesterday evening, Sen. Sanders experienced some chest discomfort,” the campaign’s senior adviser Jeff Weaver said in the initial announcement.
“Following medical evaluation and testing he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted. Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits. He will be resting up over the next few days. We are canceling his events and appearances until further notice, and we will continue to provide appropriate updates,” he added.
Even with former Vice President Joe Biden’s presidential campaign cratering with his illicit Ukrainian quid pro quo in the spotlight, Sanders will not likely be able to capitalize because of his waning health.
Department of Justice Investigating After FBI Finds Nine Pennsylvania Mail-In Ballots Discarded in Ditch – All for Donald Trump
The Department of Justice announced that it has begun an investigation into the destruction of nine mail-in ballots found in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
In a statement, the DOJ announced that the nine ballots had been found “discarded.” Seven ballots that were unsealed were all cast for Donald Trump, and two others were sealed, and remain unopened.
The FBI is reportedly investigating the suspicious ballot disposal.
A DOJ statement is describing the destroyed ballots as military ballots. Rules and procedures exist for military service members to cast votes in their home states when they’re stationed at installations across the country and overseas.
Since Monday, FBI personnel working together with the Pennsylvania State Police have conducted numerous interviews and recovered and reviewed certain physical evidence. Election officials in Luzerne County have been cooperative. At this point we can confirm that a small number of military ballots were discarded. Investigators have recovered nine ballots at this time. Some of those ballots can be attributed to specific voters and some cannot. All nine ballots were cast for presidential candidate Donald Trump.
Our inquiry remains ongoing and we expect later today to share our up to date findings with officials in Luzerne County. It is the vital duty of government to ensure that every properly cast vote is counted.
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany brought up the concerning election interference in Thursday’s press conference, citing the incident as an example of why President Trump and many Americans are highly concerned about the novel use of national mail-in electioneering in 2020.
— Team Trump (Text VOTE to 88022) (@TeamTrump) September 24, 2020
Pennsylvania is arguably the most crucial and closely contested state in the 2020 election. The outcome of the entire contest could very conceivably be decided by a few votes in the state.
Politics2 days ago
Judge Amy Coney Barrett Recently Approved Democrat COVID-19 Lockdown Policies
Violent Left3 days ago
Bezos-Linked Thinktank Official Calls for Michael Anton’s Execution for Exposing Anti-Trump Color Revolution
Videos4 days ago
SPOOKY: Video Footage Appears to Capture ‘Ghosts’ Running Across Gettysburg Battlefield
Deplorables4 days ago
Nebraska Small Business Owner Commits Suicide After Being Railroaded With Manslaughter For Defending His Bar From Criminal Rioters
Campaign 20203 days ago
WATCH: Joe Biden Struggles to Read Scripted Answers off a Teleprompter During An INTERVIEW
Congress3 days ago
He Found His Spine: Vulnerable Senator Cory Gardner Vows to Support Trump’s SCOTUS Nominee
ANTIFA3 days ago
EXPOSED: BLM Promises to Burn Louisville to the Ground Over Breonna Taylor Case
States2 days ago
Billionaire Mike Bloomberg Pays $16 Million in Fines of Black and Hispanic Felons to Enable Them to Vote