Connect with us

News

California State Bar Moves to Suspend Avenatti’s Law License

The attorney – a defendant in several criminal cases – blasted the State Bar over its threat of suspending his license.

Published

on

A huckster attorney, known for his representation of adult film star Stormy Daniels in a case against President Donald J. Trump and his many appearances on our esteemed leftist cable news networks, may soon be suspended from practicing law in California.

“The California State Bar, which oversees discipline for all California-licensed attorneys, issued a ‘consumer alert’ Monday evening concerning Michael Avenatti, saying it was moving to suspend him from the practice of law because his alleged conduct ‘poses a substantial threat of harm to clients or the public,'” according to Fox News.

The anti-Trump former hotshot is currently embattled in several criminal matters – only he is the defendant, not the attorney.

Trending: Banished Journalist Laura Loomer’s $1.5 Billion Lawsuit Against Tech Giants Will Be Heard in Court

“The action by the CA State Bar is nothing more than a ‘pile-on’ and was entirely expected in light of the pending charges,” Avenatti told Fox. “I offered to cooperate with the Bar and instead they decided to issue a press release as a stunt. I look forward to being fully exonerated by the facts.”

take our poll - story continues below

Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump?

  • Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Last week, Avenatti was arraigned in two criminal cases back-to-back in the same federal court in Manhattan, but in front of different judges.

Big League Politics reported:

Former hotshot lawyer and foe of President Donald J. Trump is set for back-to-back arraignments Tuesday in a Manhattan federal court, according to The New York Post. 

“Avenatti’s first scheduled appearance involves charges that he tried to shake down athletic gear giant Nike for $20 million,” The Post said. “He is then set to be arraigned before a different judge for allegedly stealing tens of thousands of dollars from his former client Stormy Daniels, a porn star who allegedly had an affair with President Trump.”

Avenatti stands accused of attempting to bilk Nike out of the $20 million after allegedly accusing the company of improperly paying amateur athletes, and then threatening to expose them unless they hired him as their attorney.

As for his most infamous client, he stands accused of stealing Daniels’ book advance. Daniels wrote a salacious account of an alleged affair with Trump after her attorney spent months on the cable news circuit barking at the President.

Separately, the attorney has been charged with wire and bank fraud after allegedly misrepresenting his assets in order to obtain a loan. He has also been charged with 36 other crimes ranging from, fraud, embezzlement, and failure to pay taxes, to perjury.

Avenatti maintains his innocence.

“I want to face a jury in both New York cases as soon as reasonably possible, and when I do, I will be exonerated,” he told The Post. 


Follow Peter D’Abrosca on Twitter: @pdabrosca

Like Peter D’Abrosca on Facebook: facebook.com/peterdabrosca

Preorder Peter D’Abrosca’s Book: Enemies: The Press vs. The American People”

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Have a hot tip for Big League Politics?

Got a hot news tip for us? Photos or video of a breaking story? Send your tips, photos and videos to tips@bigleaguepolitics.com. All hot tips are immediately forwarded to BLP Staff.

Have something to say? Send your own guest column or original reporting to submissions@bigleaguepolitics.com.

News

Dallas County Safer-at-Home Order in Effect Until April 30, Could be Extended

Published

on

On Friday, April 3, 2020 Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins clarified that his Safer-at-Home order is in effect until April 30. This came after the commissioner’s court signed off an extension of the county’s disaster declaration until May 20 earlier in the day. This led to confusion about how long the stay at home order would remain in place.

According to members of the commissioner’s court, the extension of both the disaster declaration and Safer-at-Home order were greenlit until May 20. The vote to approve the extension of the disaster declaration was conducted on Friday morning during a special meeting of the Dallas County Commissioner’s Court. At the meeting, Jenkins shared numerous Wuhan virus projection models illustrating a rise in the number of which are expected to peak in the county on April 20.

However, Jenkins clarified on Friday afternoon that the Safer-at-Home orders and the Disaster Declaration are different documents and that the commissioner’s court approved the extension to the Disaster Declaration, although it was still up to him to determine the effective dates of his Safer-at-Home order.

On Twitter, Jenkins revealed that the Safer-at-Home order will now go into effect through April 30. Jenkins noted that he has the power to extend the Safer-at-Home order until May 20 if he has to, since the disaster declaration had been approved until that date.

take our poll - story continues below

Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump?

  • Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Jenkins tweeted, “Based on the extension of the Declaration of Disaster granted today, I am extending the Dallas County Safer at Home Order to April 30. The Declaration of Disaster is necessary to provide the tools to lead you through this. The Safer at Home Orders are the rules we ask of you.”

County Commissioner John Wiley Price, who represents the southern portion of Dallas, was the only person who voted against the plan claiming that the restrictions that are currently in effect are “choking” his constituents and recommended that the court allow pawn shops to stay open as an essential business so that people could have easier access to cash.

“We’re going to just kill off an entire community in the next 60 days.” Price declared. “Pick our poison. We either go with COVID-19 and die or we just economically die.”

Certain businesses have been greatly impacted by these closures.

Bar owner Joe Hinkson revealed that he’s lost more than 90 percent of his business.

“I’m livid,” Hinkson stated. “A bar has a short shelf life typically and to survive and prosper and grow in the 10-year period, and be open for 11 years and have something like this happen.”

Texas has taken a relatively lenient approach to the Wuhan Virus by declaring gun stores as essential businesses and not implementing a full-blown lockdown.

However, the more progressive urban centers in Texas will look to find ways to make people’s lives miserable.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending