Cartel? YouTube Removes Project Veritas Video Revealing Mass Censorship of Conservatives on Pinterest
After YouTube suspended Project Veritas for posting a screen shot from the video, YouTube joined in the fray by removing the video from YouTube due to a “third party” filing a privacy complaint with the platform.
James O’Keefe, the founder of Project Veritas, conducted an interview with a whistle blower at Pinterest, a social media platform geared toward sharing images, that showed the company’s systematic censorship of conservatives and Christians on its platforms. Terms about Christianity, including “Easter” and “Bible verse” were blocked from the platform, and virtually every conservative news website, including Big League Politics, were added to a list of websites considered “porn” by the platform to prevent links from being shared.
YouTube has now removed the viral video from its platform, citing a “privacy claim by a third party”, likely Pinterest.
“YouTube has REMOVED our Pinterest Insider story,” wrote O’Keefe. “The battle is on.”
— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) June 12, 2019
O’Keefe also provided a link to a GoFundMe fundraiser where users may donate to the Pinterest insider, who was fired from the social media company after Project Veritas’s video went live. In only a few hours, the whistle blower already raised thousands of dollar.
This comes only hours after the Project Veritas Twitter account was suspended for uploading a leaked screen shot of the Pinterest Slack chat, showing employees referring to Jewish conservative commentator Ben Shapiro as a “white nationalist”, who should be monitored for extremist content, along with Candace Owens.
Two of the largest big tech companies now appear to be acting together to protect a third big tech company from having its dirty laundry and blatant anti-conservative bias exposed to the public.
It also comes only shortly after YouTube announced its intention to remove videos that do not directly violate its content policies, but may merely be offensive.
Google CEO Sundar Pichai told Axios that YouTube’s new content policing strategy would single out what they describe as “borderline content.”
Pichair describes “borderline content” as “Content which doesn’t exactly violate policies, which need to be removed, but which can still cause harm.”
The Google CEO said that the problem at hand is “a hard computer science problem. He also stated that it is an even harder “societal problem because we need better frameworks around what is hate speech, what’s not, and how do we as a company make those decisions at scale, and get it right without making mistakes.”
In a statement last week, YouTube said, “Even if a creator’s content doesn’t violate our community guidelines, we will take a look at the broader context and impact, and if their behavior is egregious and harms the broader community, we may take action.”
It seems as though big tech’s war against conservatism, the America First agenda, and the First Amendment is already in full swing as Republicans prepare themselves for the 2020 elections.