CDC Relaxes Only Some Of Its Mask Policy Once Again

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Friday eased some of its mask recommendations, including for schools, as Americans grow even more tired of draconian Covid-19 rules affecting the people since March of 2020.

According to the CDC, the new guidelines identify approximately 70% of the United States population as currently living in an area of “low” or “medium” Covid-19 transmission, and that the other 30% are facing a “high” level.

With all that in mind, the agency still continues to recommend forced masking in a myriad of situations, including in any form of public transportation nationwide. It is also worth noting that this is not the first time that the CDC has relaxed mask guidance.

The agency similarly relaxed its proposed guidelines in May of 2021, only to go back on their word and reinstate it all come that July.

Further draconian orders popped up around the nation shortly thereafter; blue states such as California who had temporarily dropped statewide mask orders brought them right back in addition to new local policies such as the implementation of societal vaccine passports.

This new guidance from the CDC comes after Democrats around the country suddenly lifted certain mask orders following the beginning of Canada’s ‘Freedom Convoy.’ In spite of this, many draconian orders continue to remain in place, including ones involving compulsory masking.

“We are in a stronger place as a nation when it comes to protecting our communities and ourselves against severe disease because of our efforts – like vaccination, improvements in testing, high quality masks, and improved ventilation – and because of living with this virus for two years,” the CDC said.

“The overall risk of severe disease is now generally lower. Still, the virus will continue to circulate in our communities, and we must prevent COVID-19 from overwhelming our hospitals and healthcare systems.”

The Hill reported that these new CDC guidelines “are based more on preserving hospital capacity than the previous metrics.”

Sound familiar? ‘Two weeks to flatten the curve’ anybody?

Support Big League Politics by making a donation today. You can also donate via PayPalVenmo or donate crypto. Your support helps us take on the powerful and report the truth that the mainstream media wants to silence. 

Our Latest Articles