Chinese-Backed W.H.O Director General Will Face Public Inquiry After Bungling Coronavirus Response
The World Health Organization (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom will soon face a public inquiry over his embarrassing response to the coronavirus pandemic, which means he may be soon out the door of the disgraced institution under the jurisdiction of the United Nations.
Tedros tried to downplay the news of his inquiry as a routine check of sorts.
“In due course, WHO’s performance in tackling this pandemic will be reviewed by WHO’s Member States and the independent bodies that are in place, to ensure transparency and accountability. This is part of the usual process put in place by our Member States,” he said.
“No doubt areas of improvement will be identified,” he added, “and there will be lessons for all of us to learn. But for now my focus is on stopping this virus.”
However, the WHO has been put under the microscope like never before, in particular by President Donald Trump, for mismanaging the coronavirus pandemic and repeating Chinese propaganda verbatim.
This tweet serves as an eternal reminder of Tedros’ incompetence as WHO leader.
Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China????????. pic.twitter.com/Fnl5P877VG
— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) January 14, 2020
The Trump administration has moved to yank funding from WHO due to putting “political correctness over lifesaving measures” throughout the crisis.
“We have deep concerns over whether America’s generosity has been put to the best use possible,” Trump said.
“The WHO failed in this duty, and must be held accountable,” Trump added.
Republican members of the House Oversight Committee have written to Tedros demanding to know the extent of his relationship with the Chinese communist regime.
“Throughout the crisis, the WHO has shied away from placing any blame on the Chinese government, which is in essence the Communist Party of China,” the Republicans wrote.
“You, as leader of the WHO, even went so far as to praise the Chinese government’s ‘transparency’ during the crisis, when, in fact, the regime has consistently lied to the world by underreporting their actual infection and death statistics,” they added.
It has already been revealed that Tedros received his prestigious director-general post for WHO with the blessing of the Chinese. Tedros was a close associate of the Chinese when he worked as Ethiopia’s health minister, helping pave the way for Chinese colonization of the vast, resource-rich continent.
It is clear from his rhetoric that he owes China for what they did for him.
“China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response,” Tedros said on Jan. 30 as the Chinese were ruthlessly suppressing dissent and punishing whistleblowers who attempted to inform the public about the coronavirus outbreak.
In order for the WHO to regain their lost standing in the world, they must depose Tedros and replace him with a successor who isn’t owned by the red menace.