While accepting the Generation Award at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, world-renowned actor Chris Pratt used his platform to preach his belief in God to a massive nationwide audience. In his acceptance speech, he laid out 9 rules for life, with a series of jokes, along with a number of solid pieces of life advice. Among his advice are “you have a soul, be careful with it,” and that “God is real,” and that he “loves you.” He also encourages those listening to him to learn to pray, telling them that it’s easy, and that it’s “good for the soul.”
All nine of his rules can be read here:
- “Breathe. If you don’t, you will suffocate.”
- “You have a soul. Be careful with it.”
- “Don’t be a turd. If you are strong, be a protector. If you are smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, so do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.”
- “When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger and they won’t even know they’re eating medicine.”
- “It doesn’t matter what it is. Earn it. A good deed. Reach out to someone in pain. Be of service. It feels good and it’s good for your soul.”
- “God is real. God loves you, God wants the best for you. Believe that, I do.”
- “If you have to poop at a party, but you’re embarrassed because you’re going to stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door, sit down, get all of the pee out first. And then, once all the pee is done, poop, flush, boom! You minimize the amount of time that the poop’s touching the air. Because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you’re peeing on top of it, stirring up the poop particles, create a cloud, goes out, then everyone at the party will know that you pooped. Just trust me, it’s science.”
- “Learn to pray. It’s easy, and it is so good for your soul.”
- “Nobody is perfect. People will tell you that you are perfect just the way that you are, you are not! You are imperfect. You always will be, but there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you are willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. Like the freedom that we enjoy in this country, that grace was paid for with somebody else’s blood. Do not forget that. Don’t take that for granted.”
This speech is a wholesome change of pace from what many in Hollywood have been saying at similar award ceremonies. Recently, Hollywood actor Robert De Niro used his time on stage at the Tony Awards to yell “f*** Trump!” His stunt resulted in thunderous applause from the audience mostly full of Hollywood elites.
Surprisingly, Pratt’s speech also resulted in loud applause, despite a handful of visible dissenters in the crowd when he spoke about his faith. This likely has to do with Pratt’s enormous profile as one of the biggest names in Hollywood. Virtually everything he is a part of becomes a hit, and his upcoming movie “Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom” isn’t expected to be any different.
The Generation Award he was receiving showcases just how high profile of a celebrity he is. The award is given to those who show great achievement in movies. Recent winners include Will Smith, Robert Downey Jr., and Johnny Depp.
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.