CNN is Now Pressuring Encrypted Messaging Platform Telegram to Ban Right-Wing Voices

CNN is lobbying Telegram, the encrypted messaging platform that has grown in relevance for providing a haven to dissidents banned by monopoly tech platforms, to conduct Draconian censorship on its own platform.

The fake news leader has put Telegram in their sights for refusing to censor content from so-called white supremacists.

“White supremacist groups have become much more active on the social media network Telegram as protests over racism and police brutality sweep the US. That’s according to a new report by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, a London-based think tank,” CNN wrote.

The Institute for Strategic Dialogue partners with Facebook, Google, Twitter, Microsoft, the Soros-backed Open Society Foundations, and many different government bureaucracies to lobby for Draconian censorship on social media platforms.

CNN continued: “More than 200 channels, many with thousands of members, include frequent and explicit threats of violence against minority communities and Black Lives Matter protesters, researchers said. White supremacists have made their way over to Telegram because it’s less active in moderating content than other social media networks, the report said.”

Telegram is refusing to buckle thus far under the media pressure. They told CNN that their app is “a neutral platform used both by Black Lives Matter and their opponents” and said calls for violence are not encouraged on the platform.

CNN is after Telegram because they have not followed Big Tech’s lead of unpersoning individuals with views deemed problematic to the political establishment. Silicon Valley giants often coordinate in how they remove individuals from their platform, showing how it is a systematic conspiracy designed to crush certain voices.

Big League Politics reported on how Google and Facebook came together to stifle dissent during the COVID-19 pandemic as the public slipped into mass hysteria:

On May 7, 2020, Facebook Inc and YouTube announced that they removed a video that allegedly made “medically unsubstantiated” claims with regards to the Wuhan virus pandemic.

The 26-minute long video titled “Plandemic” gained tremendous traction the past week all throughout social media platforms. It has clips of Judy Mikovits, a vaccine skeptic, who believes that a significant portion of vaccines are dangerous.

Mikovits expresses skepticism towards mask wearing, criticized shutdown orders, and other restrictions that keep people from congregating at venues such as beaches.

In the video, Mikovits describes the Wuhan virus as a conspiracy devised by people attempting to profit from vaccines. She also expressed various concerns about vaccines and the unintended consequences they could bring about.

The Wuhan virus surfaced in late 2019 and there has been no vaccine developed and or cure for it so far.

YouTube announced that it was working to take down the video in accordance with its rules against “content that includes medically unsubstantiated diagnostic advice” about the Wuhan virus.

However, on May 7, there were still slightly edited copies of the original video available on YouTube.

Twitter Inc announced that it had blocked users from tweeting out the hashtags #PlagueOfCorruption and #Plandemicmovie, but said that content in a shorter clip that was posted on its platform was not in violation of its policy against Wuhan virus “misinformation.”

The companies have faced significant pressure from the World Health Organization and other health authorities globally to censor harmful content and misinformation about the pandemic.

This is par for the course for social media giants’ desire to censor online speech.

Telegram has shown that alternatives will spring up in the marketplace to fend off Big Brother, but the establishment will continue to make it difficult for them to operate in an era of Orwellian tyranny.

Share: