Dan ‘McCain 2.0’ Crenshaw Joins Democrats to Condemn President Trump’s Troop Pullback in Syria
Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) has become a rising star as a freshman Congressman after being promoted relentlessly by the GOP establishment and fake news media, including NBC’s Saturday Night Live.
Unfortunately, he has emerged as one of President Donald Trump’s biggest intra-party foes in the U.S. House. Crenshaw showed his true colors yet again when he voted in favor of a resolution condemning President Trump’s pullback of troops in Northern Syria on Wednesday.
Crenshaw joined 225 Democrats to approve H.J. Res 77, a measure introduced by Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY) in order to rebuke the President’s “America First” foreign policy, which endorses a permanent occupation of the Middle East by U.S. forces.
The resolution reads in part:
Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That Congress—
(1) opposes the decision to end certain United States efforts to prevent Turkish military operations against Syrian Kurdish forces in Northeast Syria;
(2) calls on Turkish President Erdogan to immediately cease unilateral military action in Northeast Syria and to respect existing agreements relating to Syria;
(3) calls on the United States to continue supporting Syrian Kurdish communities through humanitarian support, including to those displaced or otherwise affected by ongoing violence in Syria;
(4) calls on the United States to work to ensure that the Turkish military acts with restraint and respects existing agreements relating to Syria; and
(5) calls on the White House to present a clear and specific plan for the enduring defeat of ISIS.
Crenshaw has been a frequent critic of President Trump’s foreign policy, so much so that he has been dubbed McCain 2.0 for his incessant warmongering. He has penned several op/eds in the mainstream media endorsing a Bush-era foreign policy.
“These troops are not victims. They are volunteer soldiers, part of America’s warrior class, who believe in what they are fighting for. They have seen the true nature of this enemy and know it cannot be wooed into submission by simply leaving it alone,” Crenshaw wrote in a Wall Street Journal op/ed published in February.
“In truth, mission success in the Middle East means preventing another 9/11. America’s troops risk everything to take the fight to the enemy so that the enemy cannot bring the fight here,” Crenshaw added.
Crenshaw’s words are in direct odds of President Trump and his non-interventionist foreign policy. He campaigned against Bush-era foreign policy, particularly the Iraq War. The President was put into the White House to prevent endless wars.
H.J. Res 77 was ultimately approved in the House by a 354-60 vote, with only President Trump’s most loyal Republican allies in Congress voting against it.