After the word “Lord” was removed from a stone memorial outside of a South Carolina police station, many people became upset.
This includes U.S. Congressman Ralph Norman.
On Tuesday, Norman posted a link to a FOX News video on Facebook about the removal of word “Lord” from the memorial outside the Tega Cay Police Department.
According to FOX 46 Charlotte, city leaders removed the word “Lord” in 3 cases that the word was mentioned in the monument’s scripture. This monument was donated to the police department to commemorate the efforts of fallen officers.
City officials claim that they started receiving criticism once the monument was built. Now, they are receiving just as much backlash after they decided to paint over the monument.
The City of Tega Cay released a statement on social media:
We have received many comments, both locally and nationally, in response to the monument at the Tega Cay Police Station. We attempted to find a compromise but failed as our community has further divided. In an attempt to find a resolution, we have upset parties on both sides of this issue and for that we are truly sorry. The City of Tega Cay’s intent from the beginning of this project was to recognize our current and fallen police officers. Without their courage, strength, dedication, concern and compassion, as mentioned in the police officer’s prayer inscribed on the monument, our City would be a much different place.
At this time, we have removed the monument while we continue to seek a solution that expresses our unwavering support and gratitude to those who risk their lives every day for ours. We will continue to welcome feedback from our residents and seek further guidance from our legal team until we can find a viable solution for all concerned.
To the police officers, fire fighters, and other first responders, we thank you for your service and keeping our community safe.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your input. Regardless of our different viewpoints, our people are the greatest assets of our community and what truly make this City such a wonderful place to live the good life in Tega Cay.
Political correctness has struck yet again.
Traditional aspects of American culture are all fair game for the iconoclasts on the Left.
Cherished monuments could be subject to removal and vandalism simply because they offend the feelings of an increasingly sensitive populace.
POLL: Nearly Three Quarters of Democrat Snowflake Students Want to Remove Monuments of Founding Fathers
The College Fix recently conducted a poll that revealed massive support among college Democrats for removing the monuments of Founding Fathers who owned slaves.
The online poll asked 1,000 college students: “Do you support or oppose taking down public statues of U.S. Founding Fathers who owned slaves?”
44 percent of college Democrats surveyed in the poll responded that they are strongly in favor of taking Founding Fathers statues down, while another 29 percent generally support this iconoclastic action. In total, 73 percent of college Democrats wants to erase a major part of American history on college campuses. 12 percent were against and 15 percent were unsure.
In stark contrast, 4 percent of Republican college students are in favor of taking down the statues of Founding Fathers, whereas 88 percent were against and 8 percent are unsure.
The poll results are shown below:
In total, 48 percent of college students support removing the statues, 39 percent are in opposition, and 13 percent are unsure.
Universities have become de facto think tanks for the Left. Thanks to decades of cultural radicalization, political correctness has become the norm on college campuses across the nation.
Because of how radicalized student bodies have become, now American history is in the crosshairs. This case illustrates why universities should be defunded and fully detoxed of leftist influence.
Around The World4 days ago
FREEDOM RISING: Large Anti-Scamdemic Protests Spring Up in Germany, UK, Netherlands
News4 days ago
Both Parties Approve a Bill that Includes “Red Flag” Gun Confiscation Orders for Military Personnel
States2 days ago
Police Body Cam Video Shows Belligerent George Floyd on Drugs Resisting Arrest Before Death
Big League Wellness1 day ago
Authors of Pro-Hydroxychloroquine Study Defend Their Work After Being Attacked by Dr. Fauci
Around The World2 days ago
BOMBSHELL: Chinese Scientist Who Fled From Country Claims COVID-19 was ‘Created in Military Lab’
States3 days ago
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Vetoes Bill to Prevent COVID-19 Patients From Being Housed in Nursing Homes
Two Americas3 days ago
President Obama’s Brother Describes Him as “Ruthless, Cold” In New Interview
The Swamp2 days ago
John Podesta “Refused to Concede” In Democratic Election Wargame While Roleplaying as Joe Biden