Friday, shaming the mainstream media’s refusal to cover his progress, the White House released this statement, titled “President Donald J. Trump: Year One of Making America Great Again”. The document lists over 150 actions, major and minor, in 12 categories which are accomplishments by the Trump administration in 2017.
“From now on, America will be empowered by our aspirations, not burdened by our fears; inspired by the future, not bound by the failures of the past; and guided by our vision, not blinded by our doubts,” said Donald J. Trump, President of the United States.
Not much is mentioned by the mainstream media about whether or not Trump has made good on his campaign promises, or if these accomplishments line up with what he promised.
Trump’s use of his Twitter account and habits and even typos, were a never-ending source of anger , complex analysis and discussion by the media this year, however, the work and accomplishments of the administration were barely covered.
In fact, Trump’s most retweeted tweet was a slam on CNN:
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 2, 2017
Many of the bullet points in the document, for the success of the first year, are in reference to the Executive Orders Trump has signed in 2017.
According to the list, the areas of impact are:
- Economics by “creating jobs and creating wealth”.
- Employment by”ending job-killing regulations”.
- Promoting “Fair and Reciprocal” Trade.
- Advancing American Energy Dominance
- Protecting American People and the Homeland
- Restoring law and order in American communities
- Making Government Accountable
- Combatting Opioids
- Protecting the Sanctity of Life
- Serving American Veterans
- Promoting Peace Thru Strength
- Restore respect for the United States throughout the world and to advance our interests.
Compare and contrast with canidate Trump’s Contract with the American Voter, which he released before the Nov. 8, 2016 election.
He promised to address:
- Middle-Class Tax Relief and Simplification Act
- End the Offshoring Act
- American Energy and Infrastructure Act
- School Choice and Education Opportunity Act
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act
- End Illegal Immigration Act
- Restoring Community Safety Act
- Restoring National Security Act
- Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act
Candidate Trump in 2016 said, “This is my pledge to you.
And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.”
Did he follow the steps in 2017?
- Unemployment 17 year low
- ICE by the Numbers
- XL Pipeline approval
- EPA quits regulations
- Tax Reform Bill Passed and Signed
- Obamacare Repeal
- Common Core Repeal
- Infrastructure Future
Some of the major indicators that Trump has followed his own rules and steps and has worked hard to keep his promises, even in the face of media hatred, is the hint that some GOP members are accepting his leadership.
Republican opponents who once stood to work with Democrats to obstruct Trump’s agenda and promises are warming up to him.
In this article, Sen. Addison “Mitchell” McConnell Jr. (R-Kentucky) said, “With regard to the presidents tweeting habit, I haven’t been a fan until this week,” McConnell said. “I‘m warming up to the tweets actually.”
No one would have guessed that would ever happen. And Trump didn’t even dare promise it would.
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.