Democrat Cities Are Murder Hot-Spots
Democrat-run cities are among the most violent cities in America.
AWR Hawkins of Breitbart News highlighted some findings from the New York Times that provided some perspective on the level of dysfunction plaguing Democrat-run cities across America.
Hawkins displayed a list of the cities, along with the names and party membership of their mayors, and the projected murder rate (PMR):
- St. Louis — Mayor Lyda Krewson (D) — PMR: 90.4
- Baltimore — Mayor Bernard Young (D) — PMR: 55.8
- Detroit — Mayor Mike Duggan (D) — PMR: 47.6
- New Orleans — Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) — PMR: 46:4
- Cleveland — Mayor Frank G. Jackson (D) — PMR: 41:3
- Kansas City, MO — Mayor Quiton Lucas (D) — PMR: 40.0
- Cincinnati — Mayor John Cranley (D) — PMR: 33:4
- Milwaukee — Mayor Tom Barrett (D) — PMR: 31.7
- Chicago — Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) — PMR: 28.6
- Atlanta — Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) — PMR: 27.9
- Philadelphia — Mayor Jim Kinney (D) — PMR: 27.4
- Washington — Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) — PMR: 27.3
- Louisville — Mayor Greg Fischer (D) — PMR: 23.0
- Miami — Mayor Francis X. Suarez (R) — PMR: 22.2
- Indianapolis — Mayor Joe Hogsett (D) — PMR: 21.9
- Oakland — Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) — PMR: 21.0
- Toledo — Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz (D) — PMR: 20.8
- Tulsa — Mayor G.T. Bynum (R) — PMR: 20.0
- Minneapolis — Mayor Jacob Frey (D) — PMR: 18.7
- Greensboro — Mayor Nancy B. Vaughan (D) — PMR: 18.6
There’s a clear trend of Democrat dysfunction taking place across the nation. Democrat-run cities are not known for promoting the interests of the law-abiding. They’ve gained notoriety for their anti-Second Amendment policies along with soft-on-crime approaches to criminal justice.
The result has been a clear divide between Red and Blue America. It’s small wonder why countless Americans living in Blue cities are flocking to suburban areas or leaving their states altogether and settling down in more stable Republican states.
This trend will continue in motion if Democrats don’t take ownership of their policy mistakes and make their jurisdictions more favorable for people to live in by actually promoting policies that foster order and prosperity.