Judicial Watch has obtained documents showing how Democrat House speaker Nancy Pelosi “treats the Air Force like her personal airline,” in the words of Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton. (READ: President Trump Cancels Nancy Pelosi’s Overseas Trip One Hour Before Flight).
Pelosi claimed that the Trump White House leaked her plans to fly commercial to Afghanistan after Trump cancelled her military flight, but Pelosi provided no evidence of any leak and no evidence that she actually purchased commercial flight tickets.
- “In response to a series of requests for military aircraft, one Defense Department official wrote, “Any chance of politely querying [Pelosi’s team] if they really intend to do all of these or are they just picking every weekend?…[T]here’s no need to block every weekend ‘just in case’…” The email also notes that Pelosi’s office had, “a history of canceling many of their past requests.”
- One DOD official complained about the “hidden costs” associated with the speaker’s last minute changes and cancellations. “We have…folks prepping the jets and crews driving in (not a short drive for some), cooking meals and preflighting the jets etc.”
- The documents include a discussion of House Ethics rules and Defense Department policies as they apply to the speaker’s requests for staff, spouses and extended family to accompany her on military aircraft. In May 2008, for example, Pelosi requested that her husband join her on a Congressional Delegation (CODEL) into Iraq. The DOD explained to Pelosi that the agency has a written policy prohibiting spouses from joining CODEL’s into combat zones.
- Documents obtained from the U.S. Army include correspondence from Speaker Pelosi’s office requesting an Army escort and three military planes to transport Pelosi and other members of Congress to Cleveland, Ohio, for the funeral services of the late Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones. Pelosi noted in her letter of August 22, 2008, that such a request, labeled “Operation Tribute” was an “exception to standard policy.”
- The documents also detail correspondence from intermediaries for Speaker Pelosi issuing demands for certain aircraft and expressing outrage when requested military planes were not available. “It is my understanding there are no G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable…The speaker will want to know where the planes are…” wrote Kay King, Director of the House Office of Interparliamentary Affairs. In a separate email, when told a certain type of aircraft would not be available, King writes, “This is not good news, and we will have some very disappointed folks, as well as a very upset [s]peaker.”
- During another email exchange DOD staff advised Kay King that one Pelosi military aircraft request could not be met because of “crew rest requirements” and offered to help secure commercial travel. Kay King responded: “We appreciate the efforts to help the codel [sic] fly commercially but you know the problem that creates with spouses. If we can find another way to assist with military assets, we would like to do that.””
I explained some reasons why Nancy Pelosi is having a bad week:
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.
At Least 40 Americans Infected With Coronavirus Aboard Quarantined Cruise Ship
They will be treated in hospitals in Japan.
At least 40 Americans aboard a cruise ship have been infected with the coronavirus, in a development that suggest the dangerous disease may transmit more rapidly than the public in the western world realizes.
Immunologist Anthony Fauci, an official with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, confirmed that 40 Americans had been diagnosed with the disease in an appearance on 60 Minutes Sunday.
Some reporting indicates that even more people have been infected with the disease, with figures ranging up to 355. These estimates include passengers of all nationalities. Those afflicted with coronavirus are being taken to Japanese hospitals to receive medical treatment.
The Americans were on board the cruise ship Diamond Princess, which is currently quarantined in Yokohama, Japan. The ship is host to the most pervasive outbreak of the coronavirus epidemic outside of China, where it originated. American passengers who tested negative of the disease have been evacuated from the ship and brought back to the United States on charter planes. Those infected with the virus will be treated in Japanese hospitals.
At least one American passenger who was traveling on board the Diamond Princess is refusing to take a U.S government charter plane back to the country, stating his belief to USA Today that the evacuation process the government is using to retrieve its citizens is not safe.
There’s considerable cause to believe the global public is being largely kept in the dark by the authoritarian Chinese government on the dangers posed by the quickly spreading virus. Estimates of the total count of people infected by the disease are largely unclear, with the Chinese government suspected of releasing deflated statistics in an effort to blunt criticism of their response to the epidemic.
Trending on BLP
News4 days ago
Bernie Sanders 2020 ‘Win’ in NH Netted a LOSS OF 80,000 VOTES from 2016
Violent Left3 days ago
New Mexico Bureaucrat Arrested for Vandalizing State GOP Headquarters
News4 days ago
Virginia State Police are Silent About Door-to-Door Enforcement of Suppressor Ban
News3 days ago
MS-13 Thug Gets Life Sentence in Virginia for Rape and Abduction
Tech4 days ago
More Censorship: Controversial Right-Wing YouTuber Nick Fuentes is Booted From Platform, Even Ben Shapiro Says It’s Too Far
Culture3 days ago
How Vulture Capitalists Use Their Ill-Gotten Gains to Push Transgenderism Onto Children
The Swamp3 days ago
SWAMP: FBI Press Officer Accepted Baseball Tickets From CNN Reporter
Deep State4 days ago
Bill Barr Pushes Back Against Trump, Criticizes President’s Comments on Stone, Drops Case Against McCabe
News4 days ago
GUILTY: Creepy Porn Lawyer Michael Avenatti Convicted in Extortion Trial
Politics4 days ago
MIT Warns That Voting App Used in Several States is Vulnerable for Hackers to ‘Alter, Stop or Expose’ Votes
Politics2 days ago
More Americans Now Identify as Republicans Than They Do As Democrats
News3 days ago
North Dakota Group Wants to Recall County Commissioner for Trying to Flood the County with Third World Refugees