Connect with us

Snowflakes

EXCLUSIVE: New Orleans-Area Eighth Grader Expelled For Defending Confederate Flag

Published

on

UPDATE: Morehouse Parish School District superintendent Hazel Sellers confirmed that Amanda Jennings’ daughter was brought to an expulsion hearing for “treating an authority with disrespect and willful disobedience.” Sellers said that Beekman Charter School, which makes its own rules independent of the school district, “re-admitted (Jennings’ daughter) on a probationary basis” to an alternative school known as the “Fresh Start” program.

A charter school in Louisiana has expelled an eighth-grade student for walking out of class in protest of a liberal history lesson on the Confederate flag, according to the girl’s outraged mother.

Amanda Jennings told Big League Politics that her daughter has been expelled from Beekman Charter School in Bastrop, Louisiana for the rest of the school year for defending the Confederate flag. Bastrop is located about four and a half hours north of New Orleans.

Trending: VIDEO: Chinese Factory Worker Caught Contaminating Hundreds of Medical Face Masks

“I feel like my Heritage is constantly under attack,” Ms. Jennings said. “I am a minority here in this school district. I am white, but it is not my friends or community that I have a problem with.”

take our poll - story continues below

Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump?

  • Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Her daughter is 13 and in 8th grade at Beekman Charter school, and had a History lesson on segregation during the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.  On the third day of the lesson, her daughter was being taught that the Confederate Flag was a symbol of hate, and that is when her daughter walked out in protest, saying that flag is a symbol of her ancestry and they were not racists.

According to Amanda Jennings, her daughter was expelled for the remainder of the year.

According to Jennings, at the expulsion hearing on Wednesday,  March 18, she was not allowed to present any evidence on her daughter’s behalf.

The principal  Roy McCoy, has denied Amanda the opportunity to file a new complaint at the School. When reached for comment, Principal McCoy said he would make no comment about “confidential” information,  he did warn us to not divulge any confidential information ourselves.  When asked what would be confidential about this story, he said “You will have to decide that for yourself”.

A new grievance will be filed at Department of Education.

Jennings is a “Monument Defender” in New Orleans. She had been in NOLA on and off for three weeks defending the Confederate Monuments.  She saw many people attacked by Antifa groups during that time and she feels  that the protesters were not local protesters. She feels they were from New York, and  they were paid agitators.  She said they were especially violent to the black citizens who were there to defend the monuments, which was upsetting to her. Amanda , talking about her heritage, feels a sense of protecting her friends.  She says she has many black friends.  Further, her Confederate ancestors built schools for blacks, after the war, and she is proud of that.

“We all get along here for the most part. I can go into black churches with my Confederate gear on and no one gets upset. We help each other here”, Amanda told BLP. “It is the Government , through groups like Hillary Clinton’s Southern Poverty Law Center, or Obama’s Community Organizing, and our elected government who stirs the people up over the Confederate Monuments.”

 

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Have a hot tip for Big League Politics?

Got a hot news tip for us? Photos or video of a breaking story? Send your tips, photos and videos to tips@bigleaguepolitics.com. All hot tips are immediately forwarded to BLP Staff.

Have something to say? Send your own guest column or original reporting to submissions@bigleaguepolitics.com.

Snowflakes

President Trump Rejects Paying For Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Private Security

The royal celebrities will foot the bill.

Published

on

President Trump made it clear on a Sunday tweet that British royals Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would have to pay for their own security costs upon moving full-time to the United States, clarifying that they wouldn’t receive federal security under an existing arrangement that covers British royals temporarily visiting the US.

The royal celebrities have distanced themselves from the Queen, apparently viewing themselves as victims of relentless paparazzi and media attention.

take our poll - story continues below

Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump?

  • Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Harry and Markle initially moved to Canada after resigning from the royal family, but they’ve recently moved to Hollywood just before the Canadian border was closed to nonessential travel due to the Chinese coronavirus epidemic. The elitist couple apparently plans on reinventing themselves as American-style celebrities, and have hired a small army of media consultants and public relations agents to market their image.

When information of their move to Los Angeles became public knowledge, many began to speculate if they’d recieve taxpayer-funded security in a manner akin to British royals visiting the United States on official state vists. President Trump’s Sunday tweet appears to eliminate that possibility.

The thirteen colonies that became the United States rebelled against the yoke of the British monarchy for a reason. President Trump’s decision to cut off the wannabee celebrities from publicly-funded security is a deeply American decision. The UK’s monarchy is one of the wealthiest legacy institutions in the western world, and it would be absurd to imagine that it can’t afford to hire private security for the ‘former’ royals, who are set to fully renounce their royal obligations at the end of the month.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending