After CNN’s Jim Acosta put his hands on a White House intern during Wednesday’s press briefing, the mainstream press engaged in a spin campaign in an attempt to clear Acosta of his inappropriate behavior.
When Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders shared a video from InfoWars‘ Paul Joseph Watson that zoomed in on Acosta fending off the intern, and played the exchange on a loop, the press lost its collective mind, and falsely claimed that the video was “manipulated.”
But Thursday, an independent forensic analyst from the University of California Berkeley confirmed for Motherboard, a site that is not exactly a bastion of conservatism, that the video was not doctored. That, of course, means that the press was wrong in its assertion, a position with which they are familiar.
“From my review of the various videos of the press conference, I believe that the video tweeted by the Press Secretary is misleading but I don’t see unambiguous evidence that it has been doctored,” Han Farid said, according to the report.
With that in mind, here is a roundup of the fake news perpetrators:
- CNN – “Moreover, [the video] did not accurately portray what happened — it appears to show Acosta’s arm moving in a downward motion towards the intern’s faster than it actually did,” CNN said after trashing InfoWars.
- Washington Post – “Critics said that video — which sped up the movement of Acosta’s arms in a way that dramatically changed the journalist’s response — was deceptively edited to score political points,” Jeff Bezos’ blog claimed. Of course, those “critics” remained unnamed.
- TechCrunch – “In the video Infowars editor-at-large Paul Joseph Watson can be seen following the modern political disinformation playbook — avoiding personally claiming the incident constituted an assault while repeatedly showing manipulated, slowed down footage, stripped of its audio, to make it look like an assault — all the while suggestively reframing what happened to whip up hyperpartisan sentiment (‘what if this had been a conservative reporter ranting at Obama’ etc) in order to manipulate his audience to side with the president against CNN,” the outlet said.
- Vox – “Looking back at the video, it does not in fact show Acosta “placing his hands” on the woman. But about 90 minutes after she posted her string of tweets, Infowars editor Paul Joseph Watson tweeted out a video of the incident that was doctored to make it look like Acosta chopped the woman’s arm with his hand,” the leftist blog said.
- New York Times – “The Trump administration relied on a misleadingly edited video from a contributor to the conspiracy site Infowars to help justify removing the credentials of CNN’s chief White House correspondent, a striking escalation in President Trump’s broadsides against the press,” the Times falsely claimed.
- NBC – “Hours after the press conference concluded, Sanders said Acosta’s “hard pass” had been suspended as a result of the incident, saying that the journalist put “his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern” — a claim that doesn’t appear to be supported by original live video of the incident,” NBC said.
Many other mainstream press outlets reported wrongly that video was doctored, including Fortune, San Francisco Chronicle, and supposed arbiter of truth Snopes.
“Other journalists sitting near where Acosta was standing denied the incident unfolded in the manner characterized by Sanders and Infowars,” Snopes said, spreading the fake news.
Big League Politics reached out to Snopes founder David Mikkelson to see if he would retract the story in the interest of the truth, and whether the site planned on “fact-checking” any of the mainstream press outlets.
Mikkelson did not immediately return a request for comment.
2:34pm ET update:
Mikkelson responded to Big League Politics’ comment request, saying, “We didn’t publish an article of the nature you describe. Perhaps you have mistaken us for some other publication that did.”
CNN Stands by Fake News Hack Brian Stelter After Allegedly Breaching Confidentiality Agreement
Attorney Lin Wood is calling Stelter out.
Attorney Lin Wood, who has represented former Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann in various defamation suits against prominent media entities, is claiming that CNN hack Brian Stelter violated his confidentiality agreement regarding the case.
— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) July 27, 2020
CNN is not reprimanding Stelter due to his unprofessional and possibly criminal behavior, showing how the fake news company protects globalist frauds:
I state as a matter of provable fact that Brian Stelter is a liar.
If my statement is false, Brian can now sue me for defamation.
Do it, Brian. TRUTH is my defense.
— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) July 28, 2020
Big League Politics has reported on how CNN was forced to pay off Sandmann after issuing biased coverage against the student after he was accosted by a gin-soaked Indian outside of the Lincoln Memorial in 2019:
Fake news giant CNN settled the lawsuit filed against them by Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann today for an undisclosed sum following their biased coverage against the child last year.
Sandmann’s lawsuit sought $800 million from CNN as well as the Washington Post and NBC Universal for their alleged defamation of the student following the boy’s confrontation with far-left Indian activist Nathan Phillips. The cases against the WaPo and NBC are still active.
“This case will be tried not one minute earlier or later than when it is ready,” said Sandmann’s attorney Lin Wood.
Wood also claims that Gannett, the parent company behind the Enquirer, will be slapped with a lawsuit in the days to come. He says that Sandmann continues to suffer from “emotional distress, damage to reputation and distress to his family” as a result of the mistreatment by the fake news.
Last year, the coverage of Sandmann was a galvanizing moment among the Right against the fake news and the liberal hate machine that never hesitates to destroy a young white man’s life over a pack of lies…
Sandmann’s settlement is another stain on the reputation of the fake news, and he may have more payouts to come in the near future. The smear merchants will likely have to pay dearly, as they have overstepped greatly on this hate hoax against a child.
Recently, Jeff Bezos’ Washington Post rag was forced to give a cash settlement to Sandmann as well. The fake news media is finally being compelled to pay for their unethical reporting.
Sandmann is bragging that he is not finished yet in his crusade to bring accountability to media organs that loathe patriotic Americans.
We have settled with WAPO and CNN.
The fight isn’t over. 2 down. 6 to go.
Don’t hold your breath @jack.
— Nicholas Sandmann (@N1ckSandmann) July 24, 2020
“Thanks to my family and millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me,” Sandmann added. “I still have more to do.”
Sandmann is showing how the fake news media is vulnerable to push back. Even though CNN refuses to fire Stelter, their credibility is hemorrhaging and the market may punish them for providing misinformation for so long.
Big League Wellness2 days ago
Authors of Pro-Hydroxychloroquine Study Defend Their Work After Being Attacked by Dr. Fauci
States3 days ago
Police Body Cam Video Shows Belligerent George Floyd on Drugs Resisting Arrest Before Death
Around The World3 days ago
BOMBSHELL: Chinese Scientist Who Fled From Country Claims COVID-19 was ‘Created in Military Lab’
States4 days ago
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Vetoes Bill to Prevent COVID-19 Patients From Being Housed in Nursing Homes
Sports3 days ago
NBA, MLB Ratings Tank as Americans Tune Out of Social Justice Onslaught
The Swamp3 days ago
John Podesta “Refused to Concede” In Democratic Election Wargame While Roleplaying as Joe Biden
Two Americas4 days ago
President Obama’s Brother Describes Him as “Ruthless, Cold” In New Interview
News2 days ago
Gun Control No Longer in the Wuhan Virus Stimulus Package