Connect with us

Hollywood

FLASHBACK: Matt Damon Defended Men From Baseless Sexual Misconduct Allegations Last Year

Published

on

A prominent Hollywood actor who appeared on Saturday Night Live as “angry Brett Kavanaugh” once defended men against baseless allegations of sexual misconduct during the middle of the #MeToo movement.

“Ten years ago, if you made a claim against me and I had a big movie coming out – I had a $100 million movie coming out, or a I had a movie that was personally important to me coming out – and close to the release of that film you say, ‘Matt Damon grabbed my butt and stuck his tongue down my throat,’ we’d then go to mediation and organize a settlement,” said Matt Damon in an ABC news interview in December 2017.

“I’d go ‘I don’t want this out there'” he said. “Now with the internet – not that the internet wasn’t there ten years ago – but now with social media, these stories, it’s like they get gasoline poured on them. So if you make that same claim to me today, I’d be scorched earth. I’d go ‘I don’t care if it costs me $10 million to fight this in court with you for ten years, you’re not taking my name from me. You’re not taking my name and my reputation from me because I worked too hard for it and you can’t just blow me up like that.'”

Trending: RIOTS: Ilhan Omar and Her Daughter Encourage Chaos and Mayhem in the Minnesota Streets

In context, Damon was protecting disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, attempting to minimize rape claims against him by saying that they were amplified by social media.

take our poll - story continues below

LOCKDOWN POLL: Should America reopen for business?

  • 🔒LOCKDOWN POLL🔒 Should America reopen for business? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

But when it comes someone he does not like (or more accurately someone his Hollywood friends told him he should not like) – an honorable Republican judge with an exemplary record of public service, Damon is not as kind. Why defend Kavanaugh when you can protect an actual rapist like Harvey Weinstein and keep your social clout in Hollywood.

In Saturday night’s skit, Damon ridiculed Kavanaugh for being angry after his good name was smeared by unprovable allegations of sexual assault from an alleged incident from 36 years ago.

Hollywood hypocrisy at its finest.

WATCH the interview, posted by Adam Baldwin here:

https://twitter.com/adambaldwin/status/1046455712518266880?s=21

Hollywood

‘Ghostbusters’ Director Blames Hillary Clinton’s Unpopularity for Failure of All-Female Franchise Reboot

Maybe your movie just stunk, dude.

Published

on

Nearly four years later, the all-female reboot of ‘Ghostbusters’ is now remembered as one of the worst atrocities in the history of cinema, and director Paul Feig is blaming anti-Hillary Clinton backlash for its failure.

“I think some really brilliant author … needs to write a book about 2016 and how intertwined we were with Hillary [Clinton] and the anti-Hillary movement,” Feig said while appearing on SiriusXM radio last week.

“Everyone was at a boiling point. I don’t know if it was having an African American president for eight years that teed them up, they were just ready to explode,” he added.

Feig is desperate to make excuses for his movie’s failure, rather than take personal responsibility for creating one of the worst movies in film history.

take our poll - story continues below

LOCKDOWN POLL: Should America reopen for business?

  • 🔒LOCKDOWN POLL🔒 Should America reopen for business? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“It’s crazy how people got nuts about women trying to be in power or be in positions they weren’t normally in,” Feig said. “It was an ugly, ugly year.”

The fake news media has been pushing the line that sexism doomed the movie since its historic failure at the box office during its summer 2016 release. However, ‘Ghostbusters’ creator Ivan Reitman believes that it was nostalgia that caused the backlash, not sexism. Viewers did not want to watch a ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot that was seemingly blasphemous to the original.

“I think there’s way too much talk about gender [when it comes to this film],” Reitman said during an interview with Mashable. “I think that many of the people who were complaining were actually lovers of the [original] movie, not haters of women.”

Feig refuses to admit that his creation was so horrendous and even hopes to release a grueling 3.5 hour directors’ cut of the flick despite the fact that nobody wants to see it.

Because the movie was such a massive bomb, the cast has been scrapped and replaced with a new cast for the upcoming re-boot “Ghostbusters: Afterlife.” The initial trailer was released last year to rave reviews.

It can be seen here:

Actress Leslie Jones, who starred in the failed all-female reboot, whined about the new movie that is set for theaters in 2021 for completely sweeping her movie under the rug. Similar to her director, she blamed Trump because everyone hated her awful movie.

Feig and Jones, in true liberal fashion, have refused to own up to their own failures. They will continue to create scapegoats instead of admitting the obvious about their horrendous movie that failed spectacularly in its feminist agenda of female empowerment.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending