Connect with us

Hollywood

GET WOKE, GO BROKE: Anti-Male Superheroine Flick ‘Birds of Prey’ Fizzles at the Box Office

Audiences are growing sick of this agenda.

Published

on

Despite garnering positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, the anti-man, pro-feminist movie “Birds of Prey” had a woeful showing at the box office on its first weekend in theaters.

The superhero movie starring Margot Robbie as comic book heroine Harley Quinn grossed $13 million on Friday on 4,236 screens. It is projected to gross under $34 million for the entire weekend. It is set to have the worst-performing opening weekend for a movie based on DC Comics since “Jonah Hex” debuted with a dismal $5.3 million opening one decade ago.

Warner Bros. Pictures hoped to gross as much $55 million over the weekend, with $45 million being seen as a more conservative estimate for the film. The movie has feminist themes throughout the plot, and was promoted as a girl power movie that struck back against the patriarchy.

Trending: 23-Month-Old Boy Dies After Being Repeatedly Punched in the Face by Attacker in Chicago

“These are bad guys that these women fight, and they represent a system that has been pushing these women down. A lot of people can relate to that. And at the same time, it’s fun,” director Cathy Yan said to NPR when being interviewed about the movie.

take our poll - story continues below

RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“I think it’s more inherent in the decisions that I make,” Yan said of her drive to bring as many minorities on board to the project as she could. “And so there was an instinct to just be more diverse with the casting. And even among the crew, I’m proud to say we had a lot of Asians on set.”

Yan whined about how Hollywood studios don’t do more to kowtow to female actresses and staff members.

“I think one for me is – and I’ve spoken about this with Jurnee Smollett-Bell, too, who is a real activist in her own way. And I think her child was 2 years old when she shot “Birds Of Prey.” And we just threw around this idea of like, well, why isn’t there a daycare trailer? Why do we have to put that elsewhere? And I think that there isn’t much of an institutional support, so you don’t get something like maternity leave because you’re either on a project or off a project.” she said.

Robbie, who played the lead actress in the film, also paid lip service to a message of female empowerment while promoting the film.

“First and foremost, the best person gets the job, Cathy [Yan] was the best person for the job,” said Robbie of the film’s director, “but I think it’s important to make more of an effort to seek out the females for those roles, because the statistics are embarrassing and disgraceful, and not where they should be. And if we don’t actually take action, it’s never going to change.”

“Now people are starting to kind of be held accountable because other people are actually doing it. Like Warner Bros, for example, actually making this film, kind of holds other studios accountable. That’s what’s really going to enact change, is holding people accountable,” Robbie added.

“Birds of Prey” is the latest in a long string of movies with a “woke” plot flopping at the box office. “Bombshell,” also starring Robbie, and “Terminator: Dark Fate” both tanked at the box office last year while TV programs “Watchmen” and “Batwoman” were ratings poison. Audiences are growing tired of “woke” propaganda, and it remains to be seen if Hollywood studios are willing to lose profits to promote leftism in movies.

Hollywood

‘Ghostbusters’ Director Blames Hillary Clinton’s Unpopularity for Failure of All-Female Franchise Reboot

Maybe your movie just stunk, dude.

Published

on

Nearly four years later, the all-female reboot of ‘Ghostbusters’ is now remembered as one of the worst atrocities in the history of cinema, and director Paul Feig is blaming anti-Hillary Clinton backlash for its failure.

“I think some really brilliant author … needs to write a book about 2016 and how intertwined we were with Hillary [Clinton] and the anti-Hillary movement,” Feig said while appearing on SiriusXM radio last week.

“Everyone was at a boiling point. I don’t know if it was having an African American president for eight years that teed them up, they were just ready to explode,” he added.

Feig is desperate to make excuses for his movie’s failure, rather than take personal responsibility for creating one of the worst movies in film history.

take our poll - story continues below

RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“It’s crazy how people got nuts about women trying to be in power or be in positions they weren’t normally in,” Feig said. “It was an ugly, ugly year.”

The fake news media has been pushing the line that sexism doomed the movie since its historic failure at the box office during its summer 2016 release. However, ‘Ghostbusters’ creator Ivan Reitman believes that it was nostalgia that caused the backlash, not sexism. Viewers did not want to watch a ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot that was seemingly blasphemous to the original.

“I think there’s way too much talk about gender [when it comes to this film],” Reitman said during an interview with Mashable. “I think that many of the people who were complaining were actually lovers of the [original] movie, not haters of women.”

Feig refuses to admit that his creation was so horrendous and even hopes to release a grueling 3.5 hour directors’ cut of the flick despite the fact that nobody wants to see it.

Because the movie was such a massive bomb, the cast has been scrapped and replaced with a new cast for the upcoming re-boot “Ghostbusters: Afterlife.” The initial trailer was released last year to rave reviews.

It can be seen here:

Actress Leslie Jones, who starred in the failed all-female reboot, whined about the new movie that is set for theaters in 2021 for completely sweeping her movie under the rug. Similar to her director, she blamed Trump because everyone hated her awful movie.

Feig and Jones, in true liberal fashion, have refused to own up to their own failures. They will continue to create scapegoats instead of admitting the obvious about their horrendous movie that failed spectacularly in its feminist agenda of female empowerment.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending