Connect with us

Around The World

Hong Kong Officer Fires Live Rounds at Freedom Protesters, Wounding One Man in the Chest

This is happening as the Chinese communist party celebrates its 70th year in existence.

Published

on

A Hong Kong protester was hit by a live round and wounded in the chest today, as the freedom protests in the city become more violent.

A protest group, Demosisto, posted a video on social media that seemed to show a law enforcement official pointing a handgun at the chest of a protester point blank and firing it.

The video can be seen here from different angles [viewer discretion is advised]:

A police official validated what was seen on video, and confirmed that a police officer discharged a gun in the Tsuen Wan area, and a protester was stricken as a result. The victim is reportedly fighting for his life at the Princess Margaret hospital in Kwai Chung in critical condition.

Although officers had fired warning shots into the air during other protests, this is the first time a protester has been shot with a live round by police since the freedom protests kicked off in June.

The Hong Kong Hospital Authority has said that, in addition to the man in critical condition, 15 others had been hospitalized with injuries as a result of the day’s clashes. The protests were particularly lively to make a statement to China during the 70th anniversary of the communist party coming into power.

The Civil Human Rights Front, an organization that has organized some of the largest freedom rallies throughout Hong Kong, urged protesters to dress in black and treat the anniversary as a “day of grief.”

“Today we are out to tell the Communist Party that Hong Kong people have nothing to celebrate,” said activist Lee Cheuk-yan, who led the central march.

“We are mourning that in 70 years of Communist Party rule, the democratic rights of people in Hong Kong and China are being denied. We will continue to fight,” he added.

President Donald Trump actually congratulated China for their anniversary in a tweet earlier today.

Big League Politics has covered the Hong Kong protests since their outset over over a controversial extradition bill that would have appeased communist China:

ZeroHedge reports that citizens of Hong Kong have been out in the streets protesting an extradition bill put forward by City Executive Carrie Lam.

This bill, the Fugitive Offenders and Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Legislation (Amendment) Bill 2019, which was introduced on February 2019, would have made it easier to transfer fugitives to Mainland China and subject them to Chinese law.

Many of the demonstrators worried about the increased risk of Hong Kong citizens and foreign nationals passing through the city being shipped off to mainland China, where they would stand trial in Chinese courts.

Some analysts such as Agnes Chow argued that if this bill were to pass, Hong Kong “will be over.”

Lam actually yielded to the pressure and has suspended the extradition bill indefinitely. However, there is reason to believe that this bill will be making a comeback in the near feature. There is tremendous pressure from China to ram this bill through, which could put Hong Kong independence in jeopardy.

Despite Lam’s concession on Saturday, June 15, 2019, protestors continued to come out in force. On Sunday, 2 million people marched in protest demanding that Lam resign for introducing such a bill.

The Hong Kong freedom protests have been a black eye to China, during a time in which they are economically vulnerable due to the trade war initiated by President Trump.

Around The World

Biden Authorizes Attack on Syria, Kamala FURIOUS It Wasn’t Her Call

Will Biden do a regime change in Syria?

Published

on

AMERICA IS BACK BABY!

You didn’t seriously think that after four years of peace in the Middle East, things were gonna stay that way, did you Jack? Well of course not! On Thursday afternoon, the Pentagon confirmed that the United States military had carried out airstrikes in Syria against facilities used by Iranian-backed militias. These groups have been operating in Syria for some time in their fight against the Islamic State and Al-Qaeda.

Pentagon Press Secretary Kirby gave the following statement:

“At President Biden’s direction, U.S. military forces earlier this evening conducted airstrikes against infrastructure utilized by Iranian-backed militant groups in eastern Syria. These strikes were authorized in response to recent attacks against American and Coalition personnel in Iraq, and to ongoing threats to those personnel. Specifically, the strikes destroyed multiple facilities located at a border control point used by a number of Iranian-backed militant groups, including Kait’ib Hezbollah (KH) and Kait’ib Sayyid al-Shuhada (KSS).

take our poll - story continues below

POLL: Would you vote for Donald Trump in 2024?

  • POLL: Would you vote for Donald Trump in 2024? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

This proportionate military response was conducted together with diplomatic measures, including consultation with Coalition partners. The operation sends an unambiguous message: President Biden will act to protect American and Coalition personnel. At the same time, we have acted in a deliberate manner that aims to de-escalate the overall situation in both eastern Syria and Iraq.”

According to conservative commentator Jack Posobiec, Vice President Harris was not included in the discussions about the bombing and is very upset that she wasn’t.

Many Twitter users are also pointing out the fact that Biden had fully condemned unannounced military action in the Middle East when it was Trump doing it.

According to the New York Post, the airstrikes were in response to recent attacks against US forces in Iraq. The militia groups targeted have denied any involvement in the attacks and there has been no confirmation as to whether or not they were involved. The New York Post wrote:

The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

It was not immediately clear if there were any deaths or injuries caused by the US strike, or the extent of damage it may have caused.

On Feb. 15, a rocket attack against a US military base at Erbil International Airport in Northern Iraq killed a US-led coalition contractor and left others wounded, including an American service member.

Two days later, a base hosting US forces north of Baghdad was targeted in another rocket attack, wounding at least one contractor.

On Monday rockets hit Baghdad’s Green Zone, which houses the US embassy and other diplomatic missions.

Earlier this week, the Kataib Hezbollah group, one of the main Iran-aligned Iraqi militia groups, denied any role in recent rocket attacks against U.S. targets in Iraq.

Some Western and Iraqi officials say the attacks, often claimed by little-known groups, are being carried out by militants with links to Kataib Hezbollah as a way for Iranian allies to harass US forces without being held accountable.

Fox New’s Tucker Carlson, who seems to be the only host on any cable news network that has been unquestionably anti-war for the past four years, gave a monologue Thursday night about his take on the attacks:


Follow me on Twitter @ZoomerJordan

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending