Aaron Calvin, a fake news reporter who shamed Children’s Hospital fundraiser Carson King for offensive tweets earlier this week, is no longer working for the Des Moines Register after his own offensive tweets were unearthed.
Carol Hunter, who works as executive editor for the Register, made the announcement in an op/ed released on Thursday.
“I want to be as transparent as possible about what we did and why, answer the questions you’ve raised and tell you what we’ve learned so far and what we’ll try to do better. For one, we’re revising our policies and practices, including those that did not uncover our own reporter’s past inappropriate social media postings. That reporter is no longer with the Register,” Hunter wrote.
“Thank you for your concerns about our coverage and for hearing me out directly here. To everyone who called, wrote and posted your opinions — your passion about news and its role in our society is clear. We heard you say you want news coverage that helps bring us together, not divide us. We agree, and we appreciate your heartfelt critiques of our work, as well as your support,” she added.
Previously, Hunter had defended the article shaming King for offensive tweets that he had made as a juvenile:
A statement from our editor: pic.twitter.com/ZH9AhcrYbg
— Des Moines Register (@DMRegister) September 25, 2019
King had gained prominence after a sign he held asking for beer money at an Iowa State University football game went viral on ESPN’s “College Gameday” this past weekend. After he raised a shocking $1 million dollars on his Venmo account, King announced he would donate the money to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. He was widely celebrated as a hero, until the fake news stepped in.
He was then made into a pariah by the journalists, in an instance of cancel culture at its worst. Anheuser-Busch dropped their partnership with him, and he was forced to prostrate himself publicly in an attempt to save face.
“I am so embarrassed and stunned to reflect on what I thought was funny when I was 16 years old. I want to sincerely apologize,” King said. “Thankfully, high school kids grow up and hopefully become responsible and caring adults.”
However, it was soon discovered that Calvin had made many offensive tweets throughout his past as well, and they were publicized on social media by people outraged Calvin would have the audacity to target a man who was doing laudable charity work.
“too many of these n*****s bitch made nowadays, don’t pardon my french” read one tweet. He also said the slur again while quoting Kanye West . “They’d rather give me the ‘n**** please award’. I’ll just take the ‘I got a lot of cheese award’ Tell it like it is Kanye.”
“I just got hit on by Tori Amos’ makeup guy. Never talk to strange gay men.” and “F*** the NYPD,” Colvin wrote in different tweets.
Calvin is now no longer employed with the Register, and the newspaper has suffered a great deal of embarrassment for their irresponsible reporting. Cancel culture has backfired on itself, as leftist fake news reporters are being held to their own Orwellian standards.
ET TU, TUCKER? Carlson Suggests Sidney Powell Has No Evidence of Vote Steal Coup on ‘Fox News’
Has he been compromised?
After the inspiring press conference by attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell on Thursday about the Trump campaign’s steadfast dedication toward fighting voter fraud, supporters of President Trump expected Fox News host Tucker Carlson to support these efforts to save America.
Unfortunately, that is not what happened, as Carlson went off on Powell, making statements on his primetime program implying that she has no evidence for her claims.
“For more than a week, Powell has been all over conservative media with the following story: This election was stolen by a collection of international leftists who manipulated vote tabulating software in order to flip millions of votes from Donald Trump to Joe Biden,” Carlson said.
“The other day on television, Powell said of Trump, that when the fraud is finally uncovered, ‘I think we’ll find that he had at least 80 million votes.’ In other words, rigged software stole about seven million votes in this election,” he added.
At this point, Carlson’s commentary went off the rails, and he appeared to be carrying water for the color revolution coup that has culminated with the vote steal of the century.
“We invited Sidney Powell on the show. We would have given her the whole hour. We would have given her the entire week actually and listened the whole time at wrapped attention…But she never sent us any evidence despite a lot of requests,” Carlson said.
“When we checked with others around the Trump campaign, people in positions of authority, they told us Powell has never given them any evidence either,” he added.
Because Powell does not want to jeopardize any court case which the fate of the entire nation rests upon by blabbing to the media or any bureaucrats, Carlson is attacking her credibility.
“She never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another…We’re telling you this because it’s true,” he said.
The entire clip can be seen here:
Tucker Carlson says Trump campaign unwilling to provide evidence to back their claims
— ELIJAH SCHAFFER (@ElijahSchaffer) November 20, 2020
Big League Politics has reported on the left-ward shift of Fox News in recent months, which Carlson has up to this point pushed back against:
After Fox News host Neil Cavuto cut off White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany during an election-related press conference on Monday, ratings giant Tucker Carlson lambasted Cavuto and the network on his titular primetime program.
“In a democracy, you cannot ignore honest questions from citizens. You’re not allowed. You can’t dismiss them out of hand as crazy and immoral for asking. You can’t just cut away from coverage you don’t like. You can’t simply tell people to accept an outcome because force doesn’t work in a democracy. That’s dictatorship,” Carlson said.
“In a free society, you have to convince the public of your legitimacy. You have to win them over with reason. Democracy is always a voluntary arrangement. Telling voters to shut up is never enough,” he concluded…
He is responding to the shameful editorial decision by Cavuto and Fox News earlier in the day to censor McEnany in order to keep up the ruse that Joe Biden is the president-elect…
It is being speculated that Carlson may not be long for Fox News. However, he is a ratings giant who brings in the bacon to a network that is quickly growing reviled to its own core base.
Hopefully this is not a sign that Carlson has folded to the globalist establishment.
Campaign 20204 days ago
WATCH: Fulton County Poll Manager Susan Voyles Recounts Election Improprieties in Georgia Recount
Culture2 days ago
March Study Points to Pervasive Mental Illness Among White American Liberals
States2 days ago
COVER-UP: Whitmer Admin Says ‘Records Do Not Exist’ Pertaining to $25 Million Dominion Contract Set Up by Democrat Official
Big League Guns4 days ago
Black Rifle Coffee Does Not Support Second Amendment Hero Kyle Rittenhouse
States2 days ago
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel Threatens Election Fraud Whistleblowers with Prosecution
Culture2 days ago
BASED: University Professor Placed on Leave After Exposing ‘Satanic, Globalist Elite’ in Explosive Letter
Politics3 days ago
State of Michigan REFUSES to Provide Details on Dominion Contract Brokered by Democrat Official
Violent Left3 days ago
White House Submits to Fake Biden Transition After Left-Wing Terror Campaign Against GSA Chief