Disgraced actor and hate crime hoaxer Jussie Smollett is still trying to skirt responsibility for his actions, attempting to get a civil suit filed against him by the city of Chicago dismissed that would make him pay for the costs of the investigation.
Smollett’s attorneys filed a motion on Tuesday in response to the city demanding that he pay the $130,000 to cover the city’s costs for investigating his laughable claim that he was beaten down on the frigid Chicago streets by racist Trump supporters who claimed “this is MAGA country.”
They still have the audacity to claim that Smollett is innocent, despite the fact that the story unraveled publicly, and he is widely recognized as a liar.
Smollett’s lawyers are attempting to use Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s decision to drop charges against their client as the reasoning behind why Smollett should not be forced to pay up.
“My client from the beginning has maintained his innocence and disputed the city’s allegations,” said attorney William J. Quinlan in the motion.
He noted that “it’s going to be very difficult for the city to prevail in making a case my client should pay for overtime for a case ultimately dismissed by the state’s attorney.”
“It’s ridiculous and a stretch to require him to do so,” Quinlan added.
Quinlan continued with the apologetics for his disreputable client, who has become a nationwide laughing-stock and a poster child for the hate hoax industry has that arisen since President Donald Trump was sworn into office.
“The mere fact somebody filed a police report doesn’t presume the investigation will be done and certainly not to the extent of what the city is claiming. Smollett has no control over that,” Quinlan said.
Quinlan claimed the city of Chicago “has failed to allege that Mr. Smollett was similarly ‘well aware’ that his statements to police would result in 1,836 hours of police overtime, or any other reasons why he should have known this would have been the case.”
U.S. District Judge Virginia Kendall will ultimately rule in October whether or not the city can proceed with its civil suit to redeem the fees wasted because of Smollett’s hate hoax. There may be further consequences against Smollett too, as justice may finally be catching up with the former actor on FOX’s Empire.
Chicago defense attorney Dan Webb has been recently named as a special investigator by a Cook County judge to look into the case. President Donald Trump praised the decision to further investigate the Smollett affair on his Twitter account.
Great! He said MAGA country did it. So terrible! https://t.co/Vw1xQBZjzN
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 24, 2019
It remains to be seen if Smollett will face repercussions for making a mockery of the rule of law, or if he will be spared any consequences due to his connections with the Democratic Party and Hollywood.
‘Ghostbusters’ Director Blames Hillary Clinton’s Unpopularity for Failure of All-Female Franchise Reboot
Maybe your movie just stunk, dude.
Nearly four years later, the all-female reboot of ‘Ghostbusters’ is now remembered as one of the worst atrocities in the history of cinema, and director Paul Feig is blaming anti-Hillary Clinton backlash for its failure.
“I think some really brilliant author … needs to write a book about 2016 and how intertwined we were with Hillary [Clinton] and the anti-Hillary movement,” Feig said while appearing on SiriusXM radio last week.
“Everyone was at a boiling point. I don’t know if it was having an African American president for eight years that teed them up, they were just ready to explode,” he added.
Feig is desperate to make excuses for his movie’s failure, rather than take personal responsibility for creating one of the worst movies in film history.
“It’s crazy how people got nuts about women trying to be in power or be in positions they weren’t normally in,” Feig said. “It was an ugly, ugly year.”
The fake news media has been pushing the line that sexism doomed the movie since its historic failure at the box office during its summer 2016 release. However, ‘Ghostbusters’ creator Ivan Reitman believes that it was nostalgia that caused the backlash, not sexism. Viewers did not want to watch a ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot that was seemingly blasphemous to the original.
“I think there’s way too much talk about gender [when it comes to this film],” Reitman said during an interview with Mashable. “I think that many of the people who were complaining were actually lovers of the [original] movie, not haters of women.”
Feig refuses to admit that his creation was so horrendous and even hopes to release a grueling 3.5 hour directors’ cut of the flick despite the fact that nobody wants to see it.
— Paul Feig (@paulfeig) May 21, 2020
Because the movie was such a massive bomb, the cast has been scrapped and replaced with a new cast for the upcoming re-boot “Ghostbusters: Afterlife.” The initial trailer was released last year to rave reviews.
It can be seen here:
Actress Leslie Jones, who starred in the failed all-female reboot, whined about the new movie that is set for theaters in 2021 for completely sweeping her movie under the rug. Similar to her director, she blamed Trump because everyone hated her awful movie.
So insulting. Like fuck us. We dint count. It’s like something trump would do. (Trump voice)”Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women ain’t ghostbusteeeeers” ugh so annoying. Such a dick move. And I don’t give fuck I’m saying something!!
— Leslie Jones 🦋 (@Lesdoggg) January 19, 2019
Feig and Jones, in true liberal fashion, have refused to own up to their own failures. They will continue to create scapegoats instead of admitting the obvious about their horrendous movie that failed spectacularly in its feminist agenda of female empowerment.
Violent Left4 days ago
RIOTS: Ilhan Omar and Her Daughter Encourage Chaos and Mayhem in the Minnesota Streets
Big League Wellness4 days ago
El Salvador’s President Claims ‘Most of the World’s Leaders’ are Taking Hydroxychloroquine to Fend Off COVID-19
Violent Left3 days ago
Seven Shot in Louisville After Anti-Police Protestors Attempt to Flip Police Car
Free Speech4 days ago
Laura Loomer Plans to Take Landmark Free Speech Case Against Big Tech Giants to Supreme Court
Deplorables4 days ago
Arizona Democrat Mark Kelly Refuses to Shake Border Patrol Agent’s Hand: “You’re One of Them”
News3 days ago
Rioters Vandalize and Break Into Ohio Statehouse During Riot in Columbus Over George Floyd’s Death
Free Speech3 days ago
Josh Hawley SLAPS DOWN Justin Amash in Big Tech Tweet Thread
News3 days ago
NBA Player Calls for Solidarity in the Wake of George Floyd’s Death On Twitter, but Conservatism Inc Hack Tries to Dunk On Him