Fake news giant CNN settled the lawsuit filed against them by Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann today for an undisclosed sum following their biased coverage against the child last year.
Sandmann’s lawsuit sought $800 million from CNN as well as the Washington Post and NBC Universal for their alleged defamation of the student following the boy’s confrontation with far-left Indian activist Nathan Phillips. The cases against the WaPo and NBC are still active.
“This case will be tried not one minute earlier or later than when it is ready,” said Sandmann’s attorney Lin Wood.
Wood also claims that Gannett, the parent company behind the Enquirer, will be slapped with a lawsuit in the days to come. He says that Sandmann continues to suffer from “emotional distress, damage to reputation and distress to his family” as a result of the mistreatment by the fake news.
Last year, the coverage of Sandmann was a galvanizing moment among the Right against the fake news and the liberal hate machine that never hesitates to destroy a young white man’s life over a pack of lies:
In response to Tucker Carlson’s hit coverage of the rise and fall of the now-discredited Covington Catholic hate hoax on Monday, President Donald Trump spoke on the matter for the first time in a tweet.
Looking like Nick Sandman & Covington Catholic students were treated unfairly with early judgements proving out to be false – smeared by media. Not good, but making big comeback! “New footage shows that media was wrong about teen’s encounter with Native American” @TuckerCarlson
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 22, 2019
Many conservatives and media accountability advocates had been calling for President Trump to use his immense national platform to speak on behalf of the defamed kids, who fortunately now seem to be getting a degree of justice after several legacy media platforms and personalities were forced to issue embarrassing apologies and retractions for the fake news they spread in regards to the incident.
Although some progressives and liberals (and even establishment conservatives) have faced reality and admitted their initial assessment of the incident was based upon false premises, several have dug their heads in the sand, continuing to tar the Kentucky Catholic high schoolers as “racists.” Reza Aslan, who shockingly called for Sandmann (the ‘smirking’ 16 year old kid Trump referenced in his tweet) to be “punched in the face,” remains apologetic for the debunked narrative accusing the kids of harassing Philips as of Monday night.
However, it’s possible that the attempt from progressives to smear the high schoolers who were confronted by Nathan Philips at the Lincoln Memorial could resume in full strength now that President Trump has brought additional attention to the matter.
Some of the individuals seeking justice for the Covington kids have suggested that President Trump offer them an invitation to visit the White House, an idea that would surely drive progressives intent on falsely accusing them of harassing Nathan Philips insane.
Sandmann’s settlement is another stain on the reputation of the fake news, and he may have more payouts to come in the near future. The smear merchants will likely have to pay dearly, as they have overstepped greatly on this hate hoax against a child.
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.