Investigative journalist Laura Loomer filed a lawsuit Thursday against Twitter following her ban from the platform for comments about Muslim congresswoman Ilhan Omar of Minnesota.
Loomer is also suing the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), which reportedly “complained to Twitter” about Loomer’s work on the platform prior to her ban. Loomer, renowned for ambush video interviews of Democrat politicians, amassed more than 250,000 followers on Twitter. She was first suspended without clear explanation in the days leading up to the 2018 midterm election, and later banned outright from the social media platform after the election in November during her efforts to expose voter fraud in Florida.
“Ilhan is pro Sharia Ilhan is pro- FGM Under Sharia homosexuals are oppressed & killed. Women are abused & forced to wear the hijab. Ilhan is anti Jewish,” Loomer tweeted, referring to forced genital mutilation (FGM). That tweet was cited as the reason for her ban.
Loomer and her company Illoominate Media are being represented by attorney Ronald Coleman of the New Jersey-based law firm Mandelbaum Salsburg. Loomer’s legal defense fund can be found at FreeLoomer.com.
Loomer’s lawsuit can be READ HERE.
- This is an action for breach of contract, tortious interference with an advantageous business relationship, restraint of trade in violation of Fla. Stat. § 542.18, civil conspiracy and violation of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Fla. Stat. § 501.201, et seq. for which plaintiff seeks and is entitled to damages in excess of Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000) exclusive of interest, special damages, costs or attorney fees.
- Plaintiff is a journalist and activist. In order to suppress plaintiff’s views regarding certain controversial political topics – in particular, the role of radical Islam and its proponents American public life and policy – defendants CAIR Florida, Inc. and CAIR Foundation, which have been established by the U.S. government and adjudicated as essentially American branches of the Mideast terrorist group Hamas, have acted in concert and conspired with defendant Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) to cause her to be banned, and prevented her from making a living through the use of, the majority of social media platforms.
- These include not only Twitter and the blog platform Medium.com, but also major payment processors PayPal.com and Venmo, ride-sharing systems Uber (including Uber Eats) and Lyft, crowdfunding website GoFundMe, online custom merchandise platform Teespring.
- Twitter claims that Ms. Loomer was banned because she violated Twitter’s Terms of Service (“TOS”). But, as set forth below, this claim is implausible, because the TOS provide essentially no substantive guidance to all but the most extreme users regarding whether they will or will not be censored on Twitter.
- The reason for this is that the TOS are not only vague but are applied with so selectively and in such bad faith that they are meaningless except for purposes of providing Twitter with a pretext for wrongful, bad faith conduct such as is alleged here.
- Moreover, innumerable Twitter users, ranging from little-known or anonymous users with a handful of followers to major media organizations, non-governmental human rights and social activist organizations and popular commentators and celebrities, have made the same statements as Ms. Loomer at various times – and in many cases, repeatedly – without adverse action by Twitter.
- This conduct by Twitter demonstrates that its pretext for banning Ms. Loomer – because her tweets violated the TOS – is false, and that Twitter’s ban on her as well as Twitter’s explanation of it were made in bad faith.
- In fact, there is little serious debate that the Twitter TOS are mere window-dressing, pretexts for employing censorship policies that are either arbitrary and capricious or, far more frequently, and in the facts set forth here, driven by ideology or in coordination with favored or commercially influential advocacy groups, or both.
- Rather than being the result of a TOS violation, Ms. Loomer’s ban from Twitter was, upon information and belief, proximately caused by defendants CAIR Florida, organization the Federal Bureau of Investigation has identified as the U.S. “face” of the Mideast terrorist group Hamas, and CAIR National (collectively, “CAIR” or “CAIR / Hamas”), which on information and belief acted in concert with Twitter to procure her elimination as a voice in opposition to them and their favored politicians and causes.
- As alleged further herein, the TOS are merely a pretext to place a “progressive” and positive gloss on Twitter’s bad faith, unjustified and unprivileged elimination of plaintiffs’ predominant publishing and fundraising platform, in concert with and at the behest of CAIR Florida and CAIR National, acting with or on behalf of their affiliate Hamas and their financial sponsor the Kingdom of Qatar and, on information, other parties not presently known to plaintiff, thereby effectively silencing Ms. Loomer, eliminating a vigorous and courageous journalistic and investigatory adversary from the public square, enabling defendants to benefit unfairly thereby and causing Ms. Loomer and Illoominate the harm set forth herein”….
Loomer’s February protest at Twitter’s New York City headquarters, where she handcuffed herself to the front door, resulted in Loomer trending #1 on Twitter despite being banned.
— Big League Politics (@bigleaguepol) November 29, 2018
A Week After Getting Kicked Off YouTube, Stefan Molyneux Gets Booted from Twitter
On July 7, 2020, right wing social media philosopher Stefan Molyneux received a suspension from Twitter, a week following his ban from YouTube. This move comes at a time when many people are questioning Big Tech’s influence on political discussion on the Internet
The ban was implemented without even so much as a warning, according to a report by RT. Molyneux explained the situation during a livestream. “It’s nice to see that Twitter is talking to tech journalists before they would talk to me,” he commented. The right-wing pundit asserted that he was suspended from the platform following the promotion of a new essay that details his values and beliefs. “It’s not hard to understand why powerful people might not want you to read what I wrote below,” Molyneux wrote in a note detailing his suspension from Twitter.
Molyneux is of the opinion that the campaign to deplatform conservative influences has begun to “energize” conservatives. He believes that his ban shows “who has the power and who doesn’t have the power.”
Twitter disputed the idea that he was kicked off for ideological reasons. Twitter provided a statement to CNN in which it contended that Molyneux “was suspended for spam and platform manipulation, specifically operating fake accounts.”
But others condemned Twitter’s decision and warned of a growing assault on free speech, expecting “the purge” to “accelerate.”
Fellow commentators such as Mike Cernovich were critical of this decision. He took it a step further by predicting that the group of renowned public figures who recently signed on to an open letter calling out cancel culture would not bother to defend Molyneux.
Cernovich tweeted,”The Venn diagram of people who just signed that Against Cancel Culture letter and those who will mention Stefan Molyneux being banned will be two wholly non-intersecting circles.”
The Venn diagram of people who just signed that Against Cancel Culture letter and those who will mention Stefan Molyneux being banned will be two wholly non-intersecting circles.
— Cernovich (@Cernovich) July 8, 2020
Molyneux is the host of Freedomain Radio and was permanently unpersoned from YouTube on June 29 after supposedly being in violation of the site’s “hate speech” policies.
Molyneux’s removal comes at a time when Big Tech is putting the clamps on all forms of right-wing dissent.
As the 2020 elections approach, this kind of censorship will likely increase against figures who actually stir the pot.
Violent Left3 days ago
IT’S A START: Portland Rioter Arrested With Pipe Bomb Materials, Will Face Federal Charges
Deplorables3 days ago
STALKERS: Black Lives Matter Returns to Home of St. Louis Couple After Armed Confrontation
Sex Crime2 days ago
REPORT: Epstein Associate Ghislane Maxwell Possesses “Stash of Pedophile Sex Tapes”
Videos2 days ago
SHOCK VIDEO: Father Gunned Down in Drive-By Shooting Next to 6-Year-Old Daughter in NYC Streets
News1 day ago
Tennessee’s Marsha Blackburn Calls on Ilhan Omar to Resign After Minnesota Democrat Calls to “Dismantle” U.S. “System of Oppression”
Deep State3 days ago
General Michael Flynn and Friends Show Their Support for QAnon Movement on Independence Day
Sex Crime3 days ago
Former Reddit CEO Ellen Pao “Knew About” Ghislane Maxwell’s Sex Trafficking Activities in 2011
Violent Left3 days ago
WATCH: Father of Eight Year Old Girl Killed by Black Lives Matter Rioters Rips Movement’s Hypocrisy