Investigative journalist Laura Loomer filed a lawsuit Thursday against Twitter following her ban from the platform for comments about Muslim congresswoman Ilhan Omar of Minnesota.
Loomer is also suing the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), which reportedly “complained to Twitter” about Loomer’s work on the platform prior to her ban. Loomer, renowned for ambush video interviews of Democrat politicians, amassed more than 250,000 followers on Twitter. She was first suspended without clear explanation in the days leading up to the 2018 midterm election, and later banned outright from the social media platform after the election in November during her efforts to expose voter fraud in Florida.
“Ilhan is pro Sharia Ilhan is pro- FGM Under Sharia homosexuals are oppressed & killed. Women are abused & forced to wear the hijab. Ilhan is anti Jewish,” Loomer tweeted, referring to forced genital mutilation (FGM). That tweet was cited as the reason for her ban.
Loomer and her company Illoominate Media are being represented by attorney Ronald Coleman of the New Jersey-based law firm Mandelbaum Salsburg. Loomer’s legal defense fund can be found at FreeLoomer.com.
Loomer’s lawsuit can be READ HERE.
- This is an action for breach of contract, tortious interference with an advantageous business relationship, restraint of trade in violation of Fla. Stat. § 542.18, civil conspiracy and violation of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Fla. Stat. § 501.201, et seq. for which plaintiff seeks and is entitled to damages in excess of Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000) exclusive of interest, special damages, costs or attorney fees.
- Plaintiff is a journalist and activist. In order to suppress plaintiff’s views regarding certain controversial political topics – in particular, the role of radical Islam and its proponents American public life and policy – defendants CAIR Florida, Inc. and CAIR Foundation, which have been established by the U.S. government and adjudicated as essentially American branches of the Mideast terrorist group Hamas, have acted in concert and conspired with defendant Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) to cause her to be banned, and prevented her from making a living through the use of, the majority of social media platforms.
- These include not only Twitter and the blog platform Medium.com, but also major payment processors PayPal.com and Venmo, ride-sharing systems Uber (including Uber Eats) and Lyft, crowdfunding website GoFundMe, online custom merchandise platform Teespring.
- Twitter claims that Ms. Loomer was banned because she violated Twitter’s Terms of Service (“TOS”). But, as set forth below, this claim is implausible, because the TOS provide essentially no substantive guidance to all but the most extreme users regarding whether they will or will not be censored on Twitter.
- The reason for this is that the TOS are not only vague but are applied with so selectively and in such bad faith that they are meaningless except for purposes of providing Twitter with a pretext for wrongful, bad faith conduct such as is alleged here.
- Moreover, innumerable Twitter users, ranging from little-known or anonymous users with a handful of followers to major media organizations, non-governmental human rights and social activist organizations and popular commentators and celebrities, have made the same statements as Ms. Loomer at various times – and in many cases, repeatedly – without adverse action by Twitter.
- This conduct by Twitter demonstrates that its pretext for banning Ms. Loomer – because her tweets violated the TOS – is false, and that Twitter’s ban on her as well as Twitter’s explanation of it were made in bad faith.
- In fact, there is little serious debate that the Twitter TOS are mere window-dressing, pretexts for employing censorship policies that are either arbitrary and capricious or, far more frequently, and in the facts set forth here, driven by ideology or in coordination with favored or commercially influential advocacy groups, or both.
- Rather than being the result of a TOS violation, Ms. Loomer’s ban from Twitter was, upon information and belief, proximately caused by defendants CAIR Florida, organization the Federal Bureau of Investigation has identified as the U.S. “face” of the Mideast terrorist group Hamas, and CAIR National (collectively, “CAIR” or “CAIR / Hamas”), which on information and belief acted in concert with Twitter to procure her elimination as a voice in opposition to them and their favored politicians and causes.
- As alleged further herein, the TOS are merely a pretext to place a “progressive” and positive gloss on Twitter’s bad faith, unjustified and unprivileged elimination of plaintiffs’ predominant publishing and fundraising platform, in concert with and at the behest of CAIR Florida and CAIR National, acting with or on behalf of their affiliate Hamas and their financial sponsor the Kingdom of Qatar and, on information, other parties not presently known to plaintiff, thereby effectively silencing Ms. Loomer, eliminating a vigorous and courageous journalistic and investigatory adversary from the public square, enabling defendants to benefit unfairly thereby and causing Ms. Loomer and Illoominate the harm set forth herein”….
Loomer’s February protest at Twitter’s New York City headquarters, where she handcuffed herself to the front door, resulted in Loomer trending #1 on Twitter despite being banned.
— Big League Politics (@bigleaguepol) November 29, 2018
Have Chinese Interests Infiltrated Facebook?
Although globalization has some benefits, such as a greater basket of goods and services that citizens can enjoy along with the exchange of ideas, it does come with some bad effects. Namely, the importation of bad ideas such as the social credit system and potential subversive agents from peer competitors.
This case is most notable with regards to the U.S.’s relationship with China. Sohrab Ahmari of the New York Post wrote an article titled “Meet your (Chinese) Facebook censors” highlighting how Facebook has slowly but surely imported China’s social credit model. According to an exchange between Ahmari and a former Facebook insider, there are apparently at least half a dozen “Chinese nationals who are working on censorship”.
The Facebook source told Ahmari “So at some point, they [Facebook bosses] thought, ‘Hey, we’re going to get them H-1B visas so they can do this work.’ ”
The insider disclosed an internal directory of the team that handles the bulk of this work. Ahmari gave a brief overview of what this censorship team does:
It’s called Hate-Speech Engineering (George Orwell, call your office), and most of its members are based at Facebook’s offices in Seattle. Many have Ph.D.s, and their work is extremely complex, involving machine learning — teaching “computers how to learn and act without being explicitly programmed,” as the techy website DeepAI.org puts it.
The “teaching” involved in this process, has certain content pop at the top of a user’s Facebook feed, which allegedly gets Facebook’s software gatekeepers performance bonusess, according to the ex-insider. Similarly, this involves Facebook censors making sure that other content show “up dead-last.”
Ahmari cited the case of a New York Post article of the Biden family’s interactions with Chinese companies as one example of Facebook working to suppress the dissemination of controversial content that exposes the ruling class’s behavior.
The censorship Facebook engages is quite clever and not always apparent to the naked eye. The ex-insider detailed the following:
It all makes for perhaps the most chillingly sophisticated censorship mechanism in human history. “What they don’t do is ban a specific pro-Trump hashtag,” says the ex-insider. Instead, “content that is a little too conservative, they will down-rank. You can’t tell it’s censored.”
Ahmari did not name any of the employees at Facebook involved in the acts of censorship. He did, however, want to showcase “how foreign nationals from a state that still bans Facebook have their hands on the levers of social media censorship here in America.”
The op-ed editor of the New York Post claims that the Hate-Speech Engineering team’s staff consists of a research scientist “based at the Seattle office who earned his master’s degree in computer engineering from the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, according to his LinkedIn profile.” He continued highlighting other employees who had connections to China:
Another member of the team, a software engineer for machine learning based in Seattle, earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in computer science from Jilin University in northeast China. Still another, an engineering manager, earned his bachelor’s in computer science at Nanjing University in eastern China.
Another software engineer previously worked for the Communist-backed conglomerate Huawei, as well as the Beijing National Railway & Design Institute of Signal and Communication.
It’s up in the air if these Chinese nationals are connected to the CCP and receiving direct orders from them. That said, it cannot be ignored that immigration gets geopolitical when countries use subversive elements to undermine other countries.
BLP has reported on extensive cases of Chinese nationals getting busted for corporate and military espionage. Politics does not end because of increased trade between nations via “free” trade deals. This is one of the many risks of open borders and uncontrolled globalization.
A balance must be made between economic dynamism and the maintenance of national security. To tackle this, the U.S. will need an immigration timeout to allow for immigration assimilation and uphold national security interests.
Violent Left4 days ago
Left-Wing Terrorists Leave Ominous Notes on Homes Promising Destruction if President Trump Wins Re-Election
Tech4 days ago
Google Engineer Admits to Company’s Political Censorship, Election Interference in New Project Veritas Sting #ExposeGoogle
The Swamp3 days ago
SHOCK CLAIM: Rudy Giuliani Says Hunter Biden Laptop Had Pictures of “Underage Girls,” Bizarre Texts
Campaign 20202 days ago
#DETROITLEAKS — Instructor Tells Poll Workers to Lie to Voters and Destroy Their Ballots
Campaign 20203 days ago
Soros-Connected ‘Election Integrity Partnership’ Protects Color Revolution Agenda to Oust President Trump
Big League Guns2 days ago
New Group of Turncoat Gun Owners is Being Launched to Push for Civilian Disarmament
Campaign 20204 days ago
Presidential Debates Set to Ignore National Security, Immigration, and Second Amendment
Campaign 20202 days ago
FREUDIAN SLIP? Husband of Kamala Harris Proclaims He is ‘Married to the Next President of the United States’