Investigative journalist Laura Loomer filed a lawsuit Thursday against Twitter following her ban from the platform for comments about Muslim congresswoman Ilhan Omar of Minnesota.
Loomer is also suing the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), which reportedly “complained to Twitter” about Loomer’s work on the platform prior to her ban. Loomer, renowned for ambush video interviews of Democrat politicians, amassed more than 250,000 followers on Twitter. She was first suspended without clear explanation in the days leading up to the 2018 midterm election, and later banned outright from the social media platform after the election in November during her efforts to expose voter fraud in Florida.
“Ilhan is pro Sharia Ilhan is pro- FGM Under Sharia homosexuals are oppressed & killed. Women are abused & forced to wear the hijab. Ilhan is anti Jewish,” Loomer tweeted, referring to forced genital mutilation (FGM). That tweet was cited as the reason for her ban.
Loomer and her company Illoominate Media are being represented by attorney Ronald Coleman of the New Jersey-based law firm Mandelbaum Salsburg. Loomer’s legal defense fund can be found at FreeLoomer.com.
Loomer’s lawsuit can be READ HERE.
- This is an action for breach of contract, tortious interference with an advantageous business relationship, restraint of trade in violation of Fla. Stat. § 542.18, civil conspiracy and violation of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Fla. Stat. § 501.201, et seq. for which plaintiff seeks and is entitled to damages in excess of Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000) exclusive of interest, special damages, costs or attorney fees.
- Plaintiff is a journalist and activist. In order to suppress plaintiff’s views regarding certain controversial political topics – in particular, the role of radical Islam and its proponents American public life and policy – defendants CAIR Florida, Inc. and CAIR Foundation, which have been established by the U.S. government and adjudicated as essentially American branches of the Mideast terrorist group Hamas, have acted in concert and conspired with defendant Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) to cause her to be banned, and prevented her from making a living through the use of, the majority of social media platforms.
- These include not only Twitter and the blog platform Medium.com, but also major payment processors PayPal.com and Venmo, ride-sharing systems Uber (including Uber Eats) and Lyft, crowdfunding website GoFundMe, online custom merchandise platform Teespring.
- Twitter claims that Ms. Loomer was banned because she violated Twitter’s Terms of Service (“TOS”). But, as set forth below, this claim is implausible, because the TOS provide essentially no substantive guidance to all but the most extreme users regarding whether they will or will not be censored on Twitter.
- The reason for this is that the TOS are not only vague but are applied with so selectively and in such bad faith that they are meaningless except for purposes of providing Twitter with a pretext for wrongful, bad faith conduct such as is alleged here.
- Moreover, innumerable Twitter users, ranging from little-known or anonymous users with a handful of followers to major media organizations, non-governmental human rights and social activist organizations and popular commentators and celebrities, have made the same statements as Ms. Loomer at various times – and in many cases, repeatedly – without adverse action by Twitter.
- This conduct by Twitter demonstrates that its pretext for banning Ms. Loomer – because her tweets violated the TOS – is false, and that Twitter’s ban on her as well as Twitter’s explanation of it were made in bad faith.
- In fact, there is little serious debate that the Twitter TOS are mere window-dressing, pretexts for employing censorship policies that are either arbitrary and capricious or, far more frequently, and in the facts set forth here, driven by ideology or in coordination with favored or commercially influential advocacy groups, or both.
- Rather than being the result of a TOS violation, Ms. Loomer’s ban from Twitter was, upon information and belief, proximately caused by defendants CAIR Florida, organization the Federal Bureau of Investigation has identified as the U.S. “face” of the Mideast terrorist group Hamas, and CAIR National (collectively, “CAIR” or “CAIR / Hamas”), which on information and belief acted in concert with Twitter to procure her elimination as a voice in opposition to them and their favored politicians and causes.
- As alleged further herein, the TOS are merely a pretext to place a “progressive” and positive gloss on Twitter’s bad faith, unjustified and unprivileged elimination of plaintiffs’ predominant publishing and fundraising platform, in concert with and at the behest of CAIR Florida and CAIR National, acting with or on behalf of their affiliate Hamas and their financial sponsor the Kingdom of Qatar and, on information, other parties not presently known to plaintiff, thereby effectively silencing Ms. Loomer, eliminating a vigorous and courageous journalistic and investigatory adversary from the public square, enabling defendants to benefit unfairly thereby and causing Ms. Loomer and Illoominate the harm set forth herein”….
Loomer’s February protest at Twitter’s New York City headquarters, where she handcuffed herself to the front door, resulted in Loomer trending #1 on Twitter despite being banned.
— Big League Politics (@bigleaguepol) November 29, 2018
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.
Democrat Congressman Dismisses Low Black Unemployment under Trump
Even with Black unemployment at its lowest rate in nearly 50 years under the Trump administration’s watch, South Carolina Congressman James Clyburn dismissed these numbers.
Clyburn said these numbers are “not true” because Blacks “were fully employed during slavery.” So, “it all depends on how you measure” it, he asserted.
On Fox News’s Your World With Neil Cavuto, host Neil Cavuto chatted with Clyburn about the Trump economy. Clyburn asked whether the president’s policies are beneficial to Black Americans.
“Let’s leave the words aside,” stated Cavuto. “Whether you like his [Trump’s] style or not, or tweets or not, or comments or not, he’s delivered the goods for a lot of African-Americans has he not? With record-low unemployment levels for one group or another. Among Africa-Americans, you don’t think that’s something constructive?”
Clyburn, who voted to impeach Trump back in December, said, “Come on, Neil. No, no, it’s not true. I’m saying that the African-American unemployment is not the lowest it’s ever been unless you count slavery.”
“We were fully employed during slavery,” claimed Clyburn. “So it all depends on how you measure this up.”
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the national unemployment rate for African American workers, 16 years and older, was 5.4% in August 2019. Michael W. Chapman of CNS New said this was the lowest rate in recorded history.
The BLS data for African American begins in 1972, almost 50 years ago. According to a chart that Chapman posted, the unemployment rate numbers from July through December 2019 were in the 5’s range — 5.9, 5.4, 5.5, 5.5, 5.6 and 5.9. In January 2020, the rate was 6.0 percent.
Clearly Democrat elected officials are in denial about Trump’s economic success.
However, if the Trump administration wants to win black votes, it will need to push immigration restriction given how unskilled labor tends to displace black labor.
Hollywood4 days ago
HMM: Actress Rosario Dawson Comes Out as Lesbian Just One Month After She ‘Dated’ Cory Booker
Sports4 days ago
SICK: Liberals Cheer Victim of Gruesome NASCAR Crash Because He Supports President Trump
Big League National Security4 days ago
John Bolton Completes Turncoat Transformation, Slams Trump White House For Delaying Tell-All Book
News4 days ago
Boy Scouts File for Bankruptcy as a Result of Declining Membership and Sexual Abuse Lawsuits
Sports4 days ago
Boosie BadAzz Goes H.A.M. on Dwayne Wade and His Trans Kid: ‘You Gone Too F**kin Far. That is a Male!’
Culture3 days ago
Court Rules Against Professor Who Refused to Call Transgender Student by Their Preferred Pronouns
News4 days ago
Nikki Haley is Raising MAJOR CASH to Position Herself for a Potential 2024 Run
Sports4 days ago
WOW: 700 POUND Black Bear Shot With Bow and Arrow In New Jersey Sets World Record
Campaign 20203 days ago
EXPOSED: Florida GOP Candidate Caught Defending Amnesty for Illegals in Deleted Video
Violent Left3 days ago
Libertarian Party Defends Left-Wing Mob That Attacked Gun Girl Kaitlin Bennett at Ohio University
The Swamp4 days ago
BEWARE: New ‘Conservative Economics’ Think Tank by National Review Hack is Another #NeverTrump Grift
Fake News Media2 days ago
New Lawsuit from Covington Catholic Students Levels Defamation Case Against Hoax Hatemongers