Connect with us

Free Speech

Lucas Gerhard Files Appeal, Sues Prosecutor for Being Charged with Terrorism for Posting Rifle Pic on Snapchat

Gerhard is appealing the railroading.

Published

on

Former Lake Superior State University student Lucas Gerhard, 20, is fighting back against the railroading that is taking place against him for posting a picture of his rifle on Snapchat last year.

Big League Politics has reported extensively on the Gerhard case from the revocation of his 1st and 2nd Amendment rights to his cruel and unusual detention to the beginning of his trial, which featured the prosecution playing a mass shooting video as an excuse to keep him confined.

Lucas’ father Mark told Big League Politics about recent positive developments in Gerhard’s case. Their lawyers are filing appeals while the case is waiting in limbo, with the courts using the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse to draw out the proceedings and bleed the Gerhard family dry.

Trending: WATCH: Fulton County Poll Manager Susan Voyles Recounts Election Improprieties in Georgia Recount

They have filed a complaint to the Michigan Court of Appeals to overturn the denial of the motion to dismiss the case by 50th Circuit Court Judge James P. Lambros in June. They have also filed a Writ of Mandamus against the prosecutor for violating Lucas’ free speech rights.

take our poll - story continues below

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense?

  • VOTE NOW: Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense when he shot three BLM rioters? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Gerhard’s lawyers are alleging prosecutorial overreach, claiming that Gerhard’s terror charge is illegal under 750.543z of the Michigan State Code, which states that “a prosecuting agency shall not prosecute any person or seize any property for conduct presumptively protected by the first amendment to the constitution of the United States in a manner that violates any constitutional provision.”

They wrote in the complaint that the entire court proceeding was flawed from the start and slanted against Gerhard’s core rights.

“The District Court was confused in thinking that First Amendment protections are for the jury to decide. That was in error right from the starting block,” they wrote, adding that “this case provides a perfect vehicle to require and apply the true threats standard and the correct protections of the First Amendment.”

“Prosecuting based on First Amendment speech is too important and too potentially chilling to wait on the good hopes of a Michigan jury by an improperly charging prosecutor,” they concluded in their appeal.

The Chippewa County Prosecuting Authority is now the defendant under the Writ of Mandamus filed by Gerhard’s lawyers. They allege that the prosecutor “did not provide a full and complete of SnapChat communications to the Court but instead altered the exhibit” in order to bias the proceedings against Gerhard.

They believe that the prosecutor should be held liable for damages to Gerhard because of the mess that has taken place due to their alleged violation of 750.543z. The Gerhard family is hoping to raise $50,000 to overcome the crippling costs of this fight for Lucas’ freedom, which has gone on for over a year now. Their GoFundMe can be accessed here.

Free Speech

YouTube Temporarily SUSPENDS One America News Network’s Channel for Violating “COVID-19 Misinformation” Policy

What a crock.

Published

on

YouTube has temporarily suspended and demonetized the conservative One America News Network (most often referred to as OAN or OANN) for ostensibly violating their policy against “COVID-19 misinformation.”

Axios first reported the story Tuesday afternoon. YouTube spokeswoman Ivy Choi told the news outlet that OANN “uploaded a video promoting a phony cure for COVID-19.”

The suspension will last one week. In that time OANN cannot upload new videos or livestreams, and neither will they be able to make money from video monetization unless they re-apply and YouTube approves.

According to YouTube this is the OANN channel’s first “strike.” If they receive two more “strikes,” they will permanently ban their channel.

take our poll - story continues below

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense?

  • VOTE NOW: Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense when he shot three BLM rioters? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Axios also notes that “YouTube, like other platforms, has grown more willing to take action against conservative-leaning accounts that spread misinformation” and that “it has also been trying to provide greater visibility to legitimate news outlets.” In other words, grown more willing to suppress channels that don’t adhere to The Official Narrative and prop up channels that exuberantly do.

Back in September YouTube also censored Dr. Scott Atlas, a Hoover Institute senior fellow and Trump coronavirus advisor, for spreading “COVID-19 misinformation”:

BIG BROTHER: YouTube Bans Video of Top White House COVID-19 Advisor Dispelling Hysteria Narrative

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending