Last week, the Department of Justice released a statement detailing the arrests of an thousands of pedophiles in a nationwide sweep that lasted for three months.
“The Department of Justice today announced the arrest of more than 2,300 suspected online child sex offenders during a three-month, nationwide, operation conducted by Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) task forces,” the release says. “The task forces identified 195 offenders who either produced child pornography or committed child sexual abuse, and 383 children who suffered recent, ongoing, or historical sexual abuse or production of child pornography.”
Despite the massively successful operation, press coverage has been noticeably thin. A search for the generic term “pedophile” on the websites for CNN, NBC, and CBS turns up a grand total of zero results on the story, despite the fact that it has been nearly a week since DOJ’s announcement.
“The 61 ICAC task forces, located in all 50 states and comprised of more than 4,500 federal, state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies, led the coordinated operation known as “Broken Heart” during the months of March, April, and May 2018,” the release says. “During the course of the operation, the task forces investigated more than 25,200 complaints of technology-facilitated crimes against children and delivered more than 3,700 presentations on Internet safety to over 390,000 youth and adults.”
Why would the mainstream press be reluctant to report on such a resounding achievement?
“No child should ever have to endure sexual abuse,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said. “And yet, in recent years, certain forms of modern technology have facilitated the spread of child pornography and created greater incentives for its production. We at the Department of Justice are determined to strike back against these repugnant crimes.”
President Trump Rules Out Deploying Troops to Restore Order, Even as Riots Show No Signs of Slowing Down
Trump has opted to not show strength in the face of this crisis.
Just one day after President Donald Trump said he was willing to send military forces into states across the country to put down riots, he is reportedly backing off of the idea.
According to administration officials, Trump is happy with the result of yesterday’s enforcement measures during the riots – which included law enforcement officials being shot and police getting hit by SUVs. He will not be using the Insurrection Act to put troops on the streets to restore order anytime soon.
“The law is absolutely still on the table if things get really bad, but as of now he doesn’t think it’s going to have to go that far,” an administration official said to Axios.
“As President Trump has said, we cannot allow the voices of peaceful protesters to be drowned out by angry mobs, which is why the President will continue to take lawful, decisive action to stop the violence and restore the security of all Americans,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said.
Trump made the pivot after RINO Republicans whined about his harsh rhetoric as the country burns due to extreme left-wing riots.
“I don’t think the Pentagon’s keen on getting brought into this unless they absolutely have to. We need to restore order, but using active duty military troops in circumstances like this is a fairly rare occurrence,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said on Tuesday.
“I would prefer that these things be handled by the state and local authorities,” Sen. John Thune (R-SD) said. “You want to de-escalate, rather than escalate.”
Yesterday, Trump declared that he would show zero tolerance for any more rioting and looting in the streets:
President Donald Trump announced tonight that he will deploy military force in cities that are gripped by riots if blue-state governors do not get their acts in order and do so soon.
“My first and highest duty as president is to defend our great country and the American people,” Trump said in his speech. “I swore an oath to uphold the laws of our nation and that is exactly what I will do.”
Trump made it clear that he is an “ally of all peaceful protesters” who are protesting about injustices committed against George Floyd, who died during a police encounter with former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin. However, Trump will not allow the rioters to disgrace Floyd’s memory with their looting and wanton property destruction.
Trump announced that he would deploy “thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers” in order to restore order in American cities. These forces could be deployed as soon as tonight considering how blue-state governors have done so poorly at keeping their states safe.
Earlier in the day, Trump had criticized governors throughout the country for their “weak” response to the growing violence.
President Trump has backed off at least temporarily from his boasts, showing yet again that his bark is much worse than his bite.
Trending on BLP
Violent Left3 days ago
ANTIFA Boy Surrendered by Mommy and Daddy to Pittsbugh Police for Allegedly Inciting a Riot
States3 days ago
RELEASED: Trucker Who Drove Through Unruly Mob on Minneapolis Highway Leaves Jail with No Charges
Deep State2 days ago
FBI Spooks Cover for ANTIFA Terrorists, Absolving Them From Their Role in Nationwide Riots
Big League National Security3 days ago
REPORT: Crates Filled with Pipe Bombs Discovered Near Korean War Memorial, Authorities Pursuing Suspect
Big League Guns3 days ago
JUSTICE: Omaha Business Owner Who Shot Rioting Looter Dead While Being Attacked Will Not Face Charges
Violent Left3 days ago
U.S. Marshal Killed By Rioter in Front of Las Vegas Courthouse
News3 days ago
Loser Erick Erickson Shills for Marco Rubio’s Weaksauce Response to Leftist-Led Rioting
Sports3 days ago
NBA Announcer Suspended for Tweeting ‘All Lives Matter’ on His Twitter Account