#NeverTrump Blog RedState Goes Belly Up
A flailing #NeverTrump blog is suffering massive layoffs today, while the President’s approval rating skyrockets.
“Mass firing at RedState today by Salem/Townhall,” said Eric Erickson, founder of RedState. “Very sad to see, but not really surprising given Salem’s direction. And, finally, after all these years, they’ve turned off my account.”
Erickson sold the outlet in to Salem Media in 2015.
According to Townhall general manager Jonathan Garthwaite, RedState had to make some “tough” changes. Townhall is also owned by Salem Media.
“While these changes are painful, they were necessary once we reached the conclusion that we could no longer support the entire roster of writers and editors,” he said.
RedState is filled with anti-Trump content.
An article from Wednesday titled “Trump’s Crazed Call-In On Fox & Friends May Be His Biggest Oops Yet,” describes Trump as “his own worst enemy.”
How many times has that been reported? How many times have media outlets reported that Trump has made a grave mistake, only to look foolish as his massively successful presidency continues? With stale content like this, it’s no wonder why nobody is reading RedState.
Another recent piece ponders whether Kanye West will “survive” his support for Trump. Yes, he will,
you idiots. Kanye is one of the most popular artists on the planet. Supporting the President will not be his downfall.
Yet another Trump-bashing story claims that the President “abuses everyone around him,” citing anonymous sources, of course.
Here are a few other fun anti-Trump headlines published in the doomed blog:
- “Donald Trump is Ahead (For Once), So Why is He Intent on Messing It Up?”
- “Trump Twitter Tantrums Give Away A Sense of Desperation”
- “He Won’t Listen But Someone Tell Trump His Maniacal Tweets Aren’t Helping Him”
- “Trump is Betting on North Korean Dictator to Suddenly ‘Do the Right Thing'”
- “Erratic Trump Keeps Aides Guessing and Breaks the Hearts of His Most Faithful”
- “Fox News: From News Alternative for Conservatives to Trump-Protecting Garbage Heap.”
- “Protectionism, Bowling Balls and Every Crazy Thing Trump Said at a Recent Fundraising Event”
Headlines like these abound on RedState, and paint a clear picture as to why the publication is failing. They had a choice: They could have reported news, but instead focused on train wreck anti-Trump opinion pieces.
In a political climate where the tide is turning towards Trump after a year-and-a-half of success – during which we have seen more conservative results than most expected – RedState simply could not let go of their hatred for the President.
As do most who bet against Trump, they lost. Good riddance.