The New York-based National Football League posted this job opening Tuesday amid nationwide controversy over its players kneeling for the national anthem. Here’s the ad on Daybook:
The senior communications strategist will be responsible for proactively developing plans and strategies aimed at publicly positioning the NFL to key audiences through all communication channels, both traditional and emerging media. They will work closely with communications department leadership to create messaging to reflect the league’s wide variety of priorities and expedite organizational decision-making.
Additionally, the strategist will:
- Provide crisis communications counsel to leagues executives.
- Devise strategy and long term vision to strategically position the NFL in the sports marketplace.
- Provide guidance to senior leadership, including executive vice presidents and COO to achieve desired reputational results and develop metrics to measure success.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 8+ years of experience in communications or journalism with expertise in storytelling, issue management and long term planning
- Successfully demonstrated ability to lead, participate in, and support cross-departmental activities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of the PR field including documented experience working in public, fast paced, high-pressure situations.
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Strategic Leader: The successful candidate will think and act strategically as a valued member of the communications department and other NFL units.
- Trusted Advisor: He/she will serve as a credible PR resource to clubs and league executives
- An individual with intense and dedicated work habits. Someone who takes initiative, speaks his/her mind, and sets high standards in all he/she does.
- An individual comfortable working in a diverse environment
- A creative, imaginative individual who has the business acumen, curiosity and ability to define innovative strategy and deliver against it.
- A person with the highest moral and ethical standards, who can be relied upon to always act in the best long-term interests of the League.
- A person with the capacity to be a hands-on, sleeves-up team player.
- Superior judgement and communication skills, as well as political sensitivity both internally and externally
- Experience in corporate communications, sports or entertainment is preferred.”
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.