On August 12, no compromise gun lobby Gun Owners of America (GOA) issued a press release entitled “Joe Biden’s VP Pick Cements Shift to the Militant, Radically Anti-Gun Left.”
GOA Board Member Sam Paredes issued the following statement in the aftermath of Democrat Presidential candidate Joe Biden announcing Kamala Harris as his Vice Presidential nomination:
“Joe Biden couldn’t have done more to shift his campaign to the militant, anti-gun Left than by selecting California Senator Kamala Harris to join his run for the White House. Ironically, while Senator Harris tries to champion the ‘little guy,’ she has supported gun laws that have been used to deny honest individuals their right to keep and bear arms. Senator Harris’ record on the Second Amendment should be viewed as a direct threat to every gun owner in the country. Both her words and actions as an elected politician reveal the extreme objective of her politics.”
The press release listed off several points indicating that Harris will be terrible for the right to keep and bear arms:
- Harris supports using the power of the presidency to impose gun control measures. She unapologetically stated that she would take executive action on gun control if Congress didn’t toughen federal gun control policy. “So I will apologize to no one, both in terms of what I am prepared to do but also the action that I intend to take, to say if Congress doesn’t act, I by executive action will act,” she said.
- Harris supports a forced buyback of semi-automatic firearms, stating “We have to get those guns off the streets.” She also supported statements by Beto O’Rourke’s “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15s.”
- Harris said she would ban states from enacting “stand your ground” laws, which allows homeowners to defend themselves with a firearm rather than retreat against an imminent threat of murder, rape, or bodily harm.
- Tweeted she would “revoke the licenses of gun manufacturers & dealers that break the law, require anyone who sells more than 5 guns/yr to run a background check on all gun sales, and ban the importation of AR-15-style assault weapons.”
- While Attorney General in California, Harris supported the ban on sales of almost all semi-automatic centerfire rifles and required that all existing semi-auto rifles be registered as California “Assault Weapons.”
- Also during her tenure as Attorney General, she fought to preserve the “good cause” requirement which allows the state to prevent a qualified individual from carrying concealed — a requirement that has been used to discriminate against Latinos and women in the state.
“The media quickly began their fawning over Harris as a ‘pragmatic moderate’ and ‘having a centrist’ record, but the pro-gun community stands in sharp opposition to the gun-control agenda of Vice President Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” Paredes concluded in his remarks. “Their absence of knowledge about the Constitution and the honest community of gun owners in the USA is unconscionable and ignorant.”
Should the Biden/Harris ticket win, the U.S. will be facing its most anti-gun presidential administration in years.
Texas Political Establishment Attempts to Derail Shelley Luther’s Campaign
The special election for Texas’ Senate District 30 is on pace to be one of the most heated races in the Lone Star State.
At a candidate forum on September 18, 2020, Shelley Luther, the Dallas salon owner who was jailed for opening her business in defiance of Governor Greg Abbott’s shutdown order, confronted outgoing State Senator Pat Fallon.
Fallon vacated his seat and is now backing a successor in State Representative Drew Springer.
“We don’t want somebody who’s going to be at odds with our Republican governor,” Fallon said September 18 at the Grayson County Republican Women’s Club.
I didn’t support some of the things that he has done about opening up. … So, he’s made some mistakes. He’s our Republican governor, the 80/20 rule … because you’re not going to get any bills passed unless the governor signs them.
“Let me make something clear. I am accountable to my fellow citizens in Senate District 30. Not our Governor,” Luther responded on September 19 on Facebook:
This is exactly what is wrong with Austin. Our politicians are more loyal to Abbott than us, even when they disagree with him.
I will work with Governor Abbott when he is fighting to protect the liberty of Texans, and I will oppose him when he pushes unilateral dictates that shut down our local businesses.
Fallon and Luther had a tense exchange, which was caught on video.
“You want me to go all in on this race?” Fallon questioned Luther. “I have been 5 percent in on this race. You want me to go all in on it, I’m welcome to.”
“This has become a straight-up fight between Abbott and the ‘Kumbaya’ Professional Political Class vs. the grassroots and people who remember what limited government and principles should look like,” opined conservative activist Mike Openshaw.
“Respectfully, being willing to be jailed for fighting over-reaching government shows principle; that counts for something, Patrick,” Openshaw continued.
Luther has recently received endorsements from conservative Collin County Judge Chris Hill and Young Conservatives of Texas. Springer, on the other hand, received an endorsement from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, which asserted that Luther was going down a “far right” path.
A Republican is expected to carry the senate district, which may still require a runoff if the leading candidate does not get enough votes during the first round of the special election.
Election Day will be on September 29.
Luther is viewed as the truly conservative option and many believe she could help break the political status quo in Austin that has kept conservative legislation from ever being passed.
Big League Wellness4 days ago
CDC Admits There is No Proof COVID-19 is Airborne Virus and They Have Been Misleading the Public All Along
Deplorables3 days ago
Sarah Palin Considering Primary Challenge to RINO Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski
Culture4 days ago
Left-Wing Scholar Pushes to Censor Social Media Accounts Opposing Child Sex Trafficking by Tying Them to QAnon Movement
Videos4 days ago
VIDEO: Slow Joe Calls U.S. Troops ‘Stupid Bastards’ After They Refused to Clap for His Remarks
Campaign 20202 days ago
WATCH: Joe Biden Reads Teleprompter Incorrectly: “I Got to the Senate 180 Years Ago”
Black Lives Matter4 days ago
‘Their Goal is Terror’: Sen. Rand Paul Tells the Truth about Black Lives Matter Agenda
Tech3 days ago
Facebook Directly Censoring Tucker Carlson in Advance of November Election
Campaign 20204 days ago
Republican Voter Registration is Surging in Florida, Arizona, and Pennsylvania in the Runup to the November Election