Connect with us

Fake News Media

POLITICO Reporter Tweets Goebbels-Sized Lie About Kavanaugh Accusations

Published

on

An alleged reporter at POLITICO told a lie about sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh that would have made Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels proud, and then defended it upon receiving righteous ridicule from sane people.

“Kavanaugh responses (so far):” Tweeted Edward-Isaac Dovere, POLITICO’s Washington correspondent. “there was no incident, it was a long time ago/who’s to say what counts as assault?, he says he didn’t do it, should high school be held against him?, it can’t be proven either way, there’s no time to look into it, maybe someone else did it.”

Trending: HMM: Actress Rosario Dawson Comes Out as Lesbian Just One Month After She ‘Dated’ Cory Booker

The phrasing of the Tweet quite obviously suggests that these several responses were given by Kavanaugh himself, which is untrue. More then 5,000 people responded to the Tweet, mostly ridiculing Dovere.

take our poll - story continues below

Should Mitt Romney be EXPELLED from the U.S. Senate by the GOP for his vote to convict President Trump?

  • Should Mitt Romney be EXPELLED from the U.S. Senate by the GOP for his vote to convict President Trump?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Please provide links to him saying each of these things,” Tim Carney, an opinion editor at the Washington Examiner said.

In fact, Kavanaugh has unequivocally denied the allegations – twice.

“This is a completely false allegation. I have never done anything like what the accuser describes—to her or to anyone,” Kavanaugh said in a Monday statement. “Because this never happened, I had no idea who was making the accusation until she identified herself yesterday. I am willing to talk to the Senate Judiciary Committee in any way the Committee deems appropriate to refute this false allegation, from 36 years ago, and defend my integrity.”

On Thursday he doubled down, saying nearly the exact same thing.

But that did not stop Dovere from digging himself a deeper hole.

“that old yarn where people willfully or carelessly misread a tweet to suit their own rage machine, as some now are doing with this – doesn’t say these are *Kavanaugh’s* responses… or is the thought that he’d be talking about himself in the third person when citing the denial?” he said.

Instead of correcting his clearly misleading Tweet, Dovere accused nearly 5,000 Twitter users of “misreading” his message. The difference, he claims comes down to semantics. He said “Kavanaugh responses,” not “Kavanugh’S responses” (emphasis added in case you missed that ever-so-slight grammatical difference that only arguably changes the meaning of the original Tweet).

If only the mainstream press would report with such nuance when it comes to, for example, President Trump’s immigration policies. But that would ruin the narrative that Trump is a racist.

The response to Dovere’s Tweet is a positive sign that shows that fewer people are willing to accept mainstream media double-speak, and are no longer afraid to question a misleading narrative when they see it.

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Have a hot tip for Big League Politics?

Got a hot news tip for us? Photos or video of a breaking story? Send your tips, photos and videos to tips@bigleaguepolitics.com. All hot tips are immediately forwarded to BLP Staff.

Have something to say? Send your own guest column or original reporting to submissions@bigleaguepolitics.com.

You Might Like

Fake News Media

New Lawsuit from Covington Catholic Students Levels Defamation Case Against Hoax Hatemongers

Twelve students are suing a list of media liberals.

Published

on

Weeks after their classmate Nicholas Sandmann achieved victory in a lawsuit against CNN for the network’s role in broadcasting a defamatory narrative against him, a group of Covington Catholic students are launching new lawsuits against a list of media liberals who dishonestly attacked the students over the infamous incident at the Lincoln Memorial in 2019.

Twelve students of the Kentucky school are filing a collective lawsuit against a list of prominent media liberals who jumped on a bandwagon to defame them in January 2019. Some well-known blue checkmark media personalities are being sued, such as:

-Shaun King

-Kevin Kruse

take our poll - story continues below

Should Mitt Romney be EXPELLED from the U.S. Senate by the GOP for his vote to convict President Trump?

  • Should Mitt Romney be EXPELLED from the U.S. Senate by the GOP for his vote to convict President Trump?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

-Reza Aslan(who despicably threatened Sandmann with violence after the incident)

-Maggie Haberman

-Ana Navarro

-Matthew Dowd

Judging from Sandmann’s handsome settlement with CNN, the group of Covington Catholic students may have a good chance of securing a favorable judgement in their lawsuit. The case was filed in the Kenton County Circuit Court on Tuesday.

In the court filing, the students state they were subjected to “public denunciations, calls for public harassment and public demands of school expulsion.” It appears as if at least some of the students were accompanying Sandmann when he engaged in an infamous confrontation with Nathan Philips, who approached the group and loudly utilized a drum as Sandmann stood cooly and calmly by.

One year removed from the hoax, the narrative orchestrated by the mainstream media appears to be thoroughly debunked, judging from the success of Sandmann’s lawsuit. One can only hope that the unfortunate incident serves as a warning to those who wish to organize lightning-speed outrage mobs on false pretenses.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


You Might Like

Trending