Just one day after President Donald Trump said he was willing to send military forces into states across the country to put down riots, he is reportedly backing off of the idea.
According to administration officials, Trump is happy with the result of yesterday’s enforcement measures during the riots – which included law enforcement officials being shot and police getting hit by SUVs. He will not be using the Insurrection Act to put troops on the streets to restore order anytime soon.
“The law is absolutely still on the table if things get really bad, but as of now he doesn’t think it’s going to have to go that far,” an administration official said to Axios.
“As President Trump has said, we cannot allow the voices of peaceful protesters to be drowned out by angry mobs, which is why the President will continue to take lawful, decisive action to stop the violence and restore the security of all Americans,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said.
Trump made the pivot after RINO Republicans whined about his harsh rhetoric as the country burns due to extreme left-wing riots.
“I don’t think the Pentagon’s keen on getting brought into this unless they absolutely have to. We need to restore order, but using active duty military troops in circumstances like this is a fairly rare occurrence,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said on Tuesday.
“I would prefer that these things be handled by the state and local authorities,” Sen. John Thune (R-SD) said. “You want to de-escalate, rather than escalate.”
Yesterday, Trump declared that he would show zero tolerance for any more rioting and looting in the streets:
President Donald Trump announced tonight that he will deploy military force in cities that are gripped by riots if blue-state governors do not get their acts in order and do so soon.
“My first and highest duty as president is to defend our great country and the American people,” Trump said in his speech. “I swore an oath to uphold the laws of our nation and that is exactly what I will do.”
Trump made it clear that he is an “ally of all peaceful protesters” who are protesting about injustices committed against George Floyd, who died during a police encounter with former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin. However, Trump will not allow the rioters to disgrace Floyd’s memory with their looting and wanton property destruction.
Trump announced that he would deploy “thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers” in order to restore order in American cities. These forces could be deployed as soon as tonight considering how blue-state governors have done so poorly at keeping their states safe.
Earlier in the day, Trump had criticized governors throughout the country for their “weak” response to the growing violence.
President Trump has backed off at least temporarily from his boasts, showing yet again that his bark is much worse than his bite.
Locked and Loaded: Pentagon Grants Soldiers in DC Power to use Lethal Force
The National Guard have been authorized to use lethal force, if needed.
Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy has authorized the twenty thousand National Guard members providing security around the U.S. Capitol to carry lethal weapons as Washington, D.C., braces for Inauguration Day.
“On January 12, 2021, National Guardsmen were given authorization to be armed in support of the U.S. Capitol Police to protect the U.S. Capitol and individual members of Congress and their staff,” according to a statement from the D.C. National Guard, which is commanding Guard forces in the city, including units deployed from six other states, to provide security for President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week,” the DC National Guard revealed in a statement “This was requested by federal authorities and authorized by the Secretary of the Army.”
The National Guard Bureau declined to specify what weapons troops would carry.
“National Guard members are postured to meet the requirements of the supported civil authorities, up to and including protective equipment and being armed if necessary,” said the statement. “The public’s safety is our top priority.”
Gen. Daniel R. Hokanson, chief of the National Guard Bureau, told media members on Monday that a force of up to 15,000 will deploy to D.C. with all their issued equipment, including their individual weapons. So if the need arises, “they are close by and they are readily accessible.”
The Pentagon initially authorized up to six thousand two hundred Guard members from Maryland, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania to deploy to D.C. on federal status to maintain security through Inauguration Day.
The history of National Guard members being a part of the presidential inauguration dates back to the first inauguration of President George Washington in 1789.
Fake News Media4 days ago
Cumulus Media Informs Radio Hosts Mark Levin, Dan Bongino and Ben Shapiro They May Be Fired for Discussing Election Fraud
Congress4 days ago
FACT CHECK: Was ANTIFA Really Behind Last Week’s Siege on the U.S. Capitol?
Fake News Media4 days ago
Meghan McCain Suggests Trump Supporters Should Be Thrown in Guantanamo Bay on ‘The View’
Big League Guns4 days ago
ATF Swamp Creatures are Working Behind the Scenes With the Biden Transition Team to Implement Gun Grabs
Tech3 days ago
BASED: Government of Uganda Bans Twitter From Country After Censorship, Election Interference
Border Security4 days ago
Meanwhile in Mexico…9 People Killed At a Wake in the State of Guanajuato
Sports2 days ago
National Hockey League Declares War on Trump Supporters? Former Trump Campaign Staffer Reveals Chilling Account of Political Persecution
Big League Guns4 days ago
Lawful 2A AR15.com Site Deplatformed From Internet by GoDaddy