President Trump Signs Memo to Ban Illegal Immigrants From Being Counted in U.S. Census
President Donald Trump signed a memo on Tuesday to ban illegal immigrants from being counted in the U.S. census, in a move viciously opposed by Democrats who want to reward lawlessness.
Trump said that it is the “policy of the United States to exclude from the apportionment base aliens who are not in a lawful immigration status under the Immigration and Nationality Act” in the memo.
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross is directed in the memo to give data to the president about the number of illegals nationwide so Trump can exclude them from the census total. This will make sure districts with high concentrations of illegals are not rewarded with additional Congressional seats.
“We will collect all of the information we need to conduct an accurate census and to make responsible decisions about public policy, voting rights, and representation in Congress,” Trump said in a statement on Tuesday.
President Trump had previously tried to add a citizenship question to the U.S. census, but the activist Supreme Court would not allow him to do so.
Big League Politics reported on Trump’s strategy to gather the data on illegals through executive action last year in order to circumventing bureaucratic hurdles that prevent him from making America great again:
President Trump said today during an address at the White House that he will not be including the citizenship question on the 2020 census following a Supreme Court ruling that blocked his administration’s initial attempt to do so.
Although Trump is pivoting on the citizenship question, he maintains that his administration is not giving up on the fight.
“Today I’m here to say we are not backing down in our effort to determine the citizenship status of the United States population,” Trump said to reporters in the Rose Garden.
“We will leave no stone unturned,” Trump added.
Trump blamed the census problem on “far-left Democrats” who want to “conceal the number of illegal aliens in our midst.” He will be issuing an executive order that Trump believes will thwart their efforts.
ABC News released a deceitful report earlier today claiming that Trump was “backing down” from his efforts.
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is still enraged that Trump is moving forward with enforcing the law, inferring that he is a racist for wanting an accurate count of who exactly is in America.
“President Trump is so intent on intimidating communities of color that even when the courts and rule of law thwart him, he still tries to persist in his ham-handed ways,” Schumer said in a public statement.
“The president’s retreat on adding the misguided citizen question to the census was long overdue and is a significant victory for democracy and fair representation. Every person must be counted and no one should be intimidated by the president and his capricious behavior,” he added.
Legal challenges are expected against Trump’s order, as liberal special interests and left-wing activist judges collude to undermine the rule of law.