President Donald Trump’s national emergency to build the southern border Wall can also be supplemented with powers derived from other active national emergencies and also existing executive orders.
“We may be using one of the national emergencies that (President Barack Obama) signed having to do with cartels, criminal cartels. It’s a very good emergency he signed, and we are going to use parts of it in our dealings on cartels,” President Trump stated.
Politifact confirms (emphasis added): “Obama did use emergency powers to freeze the financial assets of four foreign criminal operations, but it’s unclear how that would help build a wall.
On July 25, 2011, Obama announced that “significant transnational criminal organizations constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States.”
Obama targeted four groups, including Mexico’s Los Zetas criminal network, a Russian group called The Brothers, Camorra operating out of Italy and Japan’s Yakuza.”
Politifact passage ends
Clearly, President Trump is finding a comprehensive approach culled together from precedents on the books to supplement and bolster the new national emergency that he has declared.
President Donald Trump has no reason to hesitate in declaring a national emergency to build the southern border Wall. The national emergency is real and it’s hitting us hard.
Formally declaring a national emergency is not a big deal, especially if you look at all the foreign-focused situations that prompted President Trump’s predecessors to use the emergency option — including Barack Obama, who declared 13 national emergencies, 11 of which are still active. Did the mainstream media call Obama a dictator for using this strategy?
President Trump has declared three national emergencies himself. Surely the systemic destruction of the United States through open-borders crime and drug proliferation warrants a fourth push on the “emergency” button. If you look at all the dimensions of this issue — the drugs, the human trafficking, the cartel violence, the suspected terrorists routinely apprehended — the Border Crisis merits several national emergencies, at least.
Here are the 31 national emergencies that are in effect right now. Are these situations making you panic at all times? Are these problems bigger than the existential threat of losing our borders? You decide.
- 1979: Blocking Iranian Government Property
Our oldest still-running national emergency comes from the Iran hostage crisis. Does the existence of the Ayatollah constitute a national emergency? Yes. Should Barack Obama have sent the Iranians $1.7 billion in cash pallets? No, that should have been another national emergency right there.
2. 1994: Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction
Bill Clinton regulated WMD’s.
3. 1995: Prohibiting Transactions With Terrorists Who Threaten To Disrupt the Middle East Peace Process
This bans any dealing with Hamas and Hezbollah, but again it does not seem like the spirit of this national emergency has been upheld very well by some of our recent leaders. The Obama White House stifled anti-Hezbollah efforts to make it easier to finalize their disastrous Iran deal.
4. 1995: Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Respect to the Development of Iranian Petroleum Resources
Some regulations on the oil business.
5. 1995: Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Significant Narcotics Traffickers
Does building a Wall count as “Blocking Assets” for drug dealers?
6. 1996: Regulations of the Anchorage and Movement of Vessels With Respect To Cuba
The Cuban Missile Crisis was no laughing matter, and the Communist threat close to our shores has not gone anywhere.
7. 1997: Blocking Sudanese Government Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Sudan
This national emergency did not prevent Bill Clinton from bombing a Sudanese medicine factory during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, which prompted Christopher Hitchens’ greatest ever anti-war headline in The Nation: “Close But No Cigar.”
8. 2001: Blocking Property of Persons Who Threaten International Stabilization Efforts in the Western Balkans
How about blocking migration of persons who threaten national stabilization efforts of the United States?
9. 2001: Continuation of Export Control Regulations
Something to do with exports.
10. 2001: Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks
9/11 was a national emergency. How Bush and Cheney responded to 9/11 left us in perpetual national emergency.
11. 2001: Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Persons Who Commit, Threaten To Commit, or Support Terrorism
This national emergency is a no-brainer. But it didn’t stop Barack Obama from making transactions with persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism.
12. 2003: Blocking Property of Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Zimbabwe
This is not more important to the United States than the security of our own border.
13. 2003: Protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Property in Which Iraq Has An Interest
In 2013, Reuters pegged the total U.S. taxpayer cost of the Iraq War at $1.7 trillion, not including outstanding veteran benefits.
14. 2004: Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting the Export of Certain Goods To Syria
Bashar al-Assad has been a longtime target of the national security establishment in Washington, which does not seem to care quite as much about the national security threat on our southern border.
15. 2006: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus
Belarus is a country in Europe.
16. 2006: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Too bad this Bush-era national emergency is not called “Blocking Access of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Texas and Arizona.”
17. 2007: Blocking Property of Persons Undermining the Sovereignty of Lebanon or its Democratic Processes and Institutions
Lebanon is a country with borders, much like the United States.
18. 2008: Continuing Certain Restrictions with Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals
Nobody ever made any real progress in North Korea until President Trump.
19. 2010: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia
Some pirate-related sanctions on Somalia.
20. 2011: Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related To Libya
Hillary Clinton took out Muammar Gaddafi and now there is an active slave trade in Libya.
21: 2011: Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations
Does this apply to the Clinton Foundation?
22. 2012: Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security or Stability of Yemen
Yemen is not known for its peace, security or stability, and neither is the United States in the age of open-borders mass migration.
23. 2014: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine
Ukraine and the United States of America are different countries located in different parts of the world.
24. 2014: Blocking Property of Certain Persons with Respect to South Sudan
Sudan is a place fraught with emergency, granted, but so is the United States in our borderless present.
25. 2014: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic
Drug cartels are contributing to the conflict in the American Republic.
26. 2015: Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela
The “suspending entry” part is good.
27. 2015: Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities
The criminal cartels in the United States are more tech-savvy than they let on, and pose serious threats to the American people.
28. 2015: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi
Burundi is in Africa.
29. 2017: Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption
President Trump’s first national emergency.
30. 2018: Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States election
President Trump won fair and square, it had nothing to do with the Russians.
31: 2018: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Nicaragua
The situation in Nicaragua is presenting itself at our southern border.
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.
The Left Wing Media is Leading a War on Conservatives & Hope To Destroy You
At the New Republic, staff write Osita Nwanevu called for the destruction of the GOP.
Nwanevu cited the cases of Donald Trump and Roy Moore as why the GOP should go the way the of the Dodo.
The writer took issue with the Republican National Committee’s decision to continue supporting Moore amid allegations of child molestation. He also criticized the Trump administration for its caging of children at the border.
What bothers Nwanevu the most is how the Republican Party has backed Trump all of this time.
He even tried to link Trump to the previous failed administration George W. Bush.
Nwanevu attempted to draw the comparison below:
Trump’s own rhetoric of division and exclusion was preceded by the 2004 reelection campaign for George W. Bush, which took advantage of homophobia to boost turnout from social conservatives. Before thousands of Puerto Ricans devastated by Hurricane Maria were forced by the Trump administration’s shoddy recovery effort to ask themselves whether they were really Americans after all, thousands of African Americans failed by the Bush administration’s relief efforts after Hurricane Katrina posed the same question to themselves. Trump’s intimations that the federal executive is above the law may well have been bolstered by the Bush administration’s warrantless surveillance of the American people. Even Trump’s efforts to integrate his companies within the processes of the state were preceded by the Bush administration’s curious keenness for contracts with Halliburton, the company Vice President Dick Cheney ran before Bush took office.
The writer also criticized Trump for sowing divisions based on racial lines.
In Nwanevu’s view, “Donald Trump is not a departure from the values defining the Republican Party, but the culmination of its efforts to secure power in this country.”
He took it a step further by describing the Republican party as “a reliable opponent of equality and a malignant force in American life—a cancer within a patient in denial about the nature and severity of her condition” that must ultimately be “destroyed—vanquished from the American political scene with a finality that can only be assured not by electoral politics or structural reforms alone, but by a moral crusade.”
The staff writer gushed about demographics, largely propelled by post-1965 Immigration Act policies, as a main driver of the inevitable political change in America.
The Left is no longer hiding their intentions when it comes to mass migration.
They understood full well its political implications, which is why they constantly brag about the GOP’s upcoming demise.
The GOP should take these threats seriously, and work day and night to re-elect President Trump and take back the U.S. House.
Trump should take the gloves off in his second term and carry out substantial immigration restrictions such as ending birthright citizenship and chain migration, fully funding the border wall, restricting pathways to citizenship, and completely defunding sanctuary cities to deny Democrats the permanent electoral majority they so desire.
The time for talk is over.
Trending on BLP
Violent Left3 days ago
New Mexico Bureaucrat Arrested for Vandalizing State GOP Headquarters
News4 days ago
Virginia State Police are Silent About Door-to-Door Enforcement of Suppressor Ban
News3 days ago
MS-13 Thug Gets Life Sentence in Virginia for Rape and Abduction
Tech4 days ago
More Censorship: Controversial Right-Wing YouTuber Nick Fuentes is Booted From Platform, Even Ben Shapiro Says It’s Too Far
Culture3 days ago
How Vulture Capitalists Use Their Ill-Gotten Gains to Push Transgenderism Onto Children
The Swamp3 days ago
SWAMP: FBI Press Officer Accepted Baseball Tickets From CNN Reporter
Deep State4 days ago
Bill Barr Pushes Back Against Trump, Criticizes President’s Comments on Stone, Drops Case Against McCabe
News4 days ago
GUILTY: Creepy Porn Lawyer Michael Avenatti Convicted in Extortion Trial
Politics4 days ago
MIT Warns That Voting App Used in Several States is Vulnerable for Hackers to ‘Alter, Stop or Expose’ Votes
Politics2 days ago
More Americans Now Identify as Republicans Than They Do As Democrats
News3 days ago
North Dakota Group Wants to Recall County Commissioner for Trying to Flood the County with Third World Refugees
Border Security2 days ago
President Trump Debunks Fake News Claims of Border Wall Collapse