President Donald Trump’s national emergency to build the southern border Wall can also be supplemented with powers derived from other active national emergencies and also existing executive orders.
“We may be using one of the national emergencies that (President Barack Obama) signed having to do with cartels, criminal cartels. It’s a very good emergency he signed, and we are going to use parts of it in our dealings on cartels,” President Trump stated.
Politifact confirms (emphasis added): “Obama did use emergency powers to freeze the financial assets of four foreign criminal operations, but it’s unclear how that would help build a wall.
On July 25, 2011, Obama announced that “significant transnational criminal organizations constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States.”
Obama targeted four groups, including Mexico’s Los Zetas criminal network, a Russian group called The Brothers, Camorra operating out of Italy and Japan’s Yakuza.”
Politifact passage ends
Clearly, President Trump is finding a comprehensive approach culled together from precedents on the books to supplement and bolster the new national emergency that he has declared.
President Donald Trump has no reason to hesitate in declaring a national emergency to build the southern border Wall. The national emergency is real and it’s hitting us hard.
Formally declaring a national emergency is not a big deal, especially if you look at all the foreign-focused situations that prompted President Trump’s predecessors to use the emergency option — including Barack Obama, who declared 13 national emergencies, 11 of which are still active. Did the mainstream media call Obama a dictator for using this strategy?
President Trump has declared three national emergencies himself. Surely the systemic destruction of the United States through open-borders crime and drug proliferation warrants a fourth push on the “emergency” button. If you look at all the dimensions of this issue — the drugs, the human trafficking, the cartel violence, the suspected terrorists routinely apprehended — the Border Crisis merits several national emergencies, at least.
Here are the 31 national emergencies that are in effect right now. Are these situations making you panic at all times? Are these problems bigger than the existential threat of losing our borders? You decide.
- 1979: Blocking Iranian Government Property
Our oldest still-running national emergency comes from the Iran hostage crisis. Does the existence of the Ayatollah constitute a national emergency? Yes. Should Barack Obama have sent the Iranians $1.7 billion in cash pallets? No, that should have been another national emergency right there.
2. 1994: Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction
Bill Clinton regulated WMD’s.
3. 1995: Prohibiting Transactions With Terrorists Who Threaten To Disrupt the Middle East Peace Process
This bans any dealing with Hamas and Hezbollah, but again it does not seem like the spirit of this national emergency has been upheld very well by some of our recent leaders. The Obama White House stifled anti-Hezbollah efforts to make it easier to finalize their disastrous Iran deal.
4. 1995: Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Respect to the Development of Iranian Petroleum Resources
Some regulations on the oil business.
5. 1995: Blocking Assets and Prohibiting Transactions with Significant Narcotics Traffickers
Does building a Wall count as “Blocking Assets” for drug dealers?
6. 1996: Regulations of the Anchorage and Movement of Vessels With Respect To Cuba
The Cuban Missile Crisis was no laughing matter, and the Communist threat close to our shores has not gone anywhere.
7. 1997: Blocking Sudanese Government Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Sudan
This national emergency did not prevent Bill Clinton from bombing a Sudanese medicine factory during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, which prompted Christopher Hitchens’ greatest ever anti-war headline in The Nation: “Close But No Cigar.”
8. 2001: Blocking Property of Persons Who Threaten International Stabilization Efforts in the Western Balkans
How about blocking migration of persons who threaten national stabilization efforts of the United States?
9. 2001: Continuation of Export Control Regulations
Something to do with exports.
10. 2001: Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks
9/11 was a national emergency. How Bush and Cheney responded to 9/11 left us in perpetual national emergency.
11. 2001: Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Persons Who Commit, Threaten To Commit, or Support Terrorism
This national emergency is a no-brainer. But it didn’t stop Barack Obama from making transactions with persons who commit, threaten to commit, or support terrorism.
12. 2003: Blocking Property of Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Zimbabwe
This is not more important to the United States than the security of our own border.
13. 2003: Protecting the Development Fund for Iraq and Certain Other Property in Which Iraq Has An Interest
In 2013, Reuters pegged the total U.S. taxpayer cost of the Iraq War at $1.7 trillion, not including outstanding veteran benefits.
14. 2004: Blocking Property of Certain Persons and Prohibiting the Export of Certain Goods To Syria
Bashar al-Assad has been a longtime target of the national security establishment in Washington, which does not seem to care quite as much about the national security threat on our southern border.
15. 2006: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Undermining Democratic Processes or Institutions in Belarus
Belarus is a country in Europe.
16. 2006: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Too bad this Bush-era national emergency is not called “Blocking Access of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Texas and Arizona.”
17. 2007: Blocking Property of Persons Undermining the Sovereignty of Lebanon or its Democratic Processes and Institutions
Lebanon is a country with borders, much like the United States.
18. 2008: Continuing Certain Restrictions with Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals
Nobody ever made any real progress in North Korea until President Trump.
19. 2010: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia
Some pirate-related sanctions on Somalia.
20. 2011: Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related To Libya
Hillary Clinton took out Muammar Gaddafi and now there is an active slave trade in Libya.
21: 2011: Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations
Does this apply to the Clinton Foundation?
22. 2012: Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security or Stability of Yemen
Yemen is not known for its peace, security or stability, and neither is the United States in the age of open-borders mass migration.
23. 2014: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine
Ukraine and the United States of America are different countries located in different parts of the world.
24. 2014: Blocking Property of Certain Persons with Respect to South Sudan
Sudan is a place fraught with emergency, granted, but so is the United States in our borderless present.
25. 2014: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic
Drug cartels are contributing to the conflict in the American Republic.
26. 2015: Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela
The “suspending entry” part is good.
27. 2015: Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities
The criminal cartels in the United States are more tech-savvy than they let on, and pose serious threats to the American people.
28. 2015: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi
Burundi is in Africa.
29. 2017: Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption
President Trump’s first national emergency.
30. 2018: Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States election
President Trump won fair and square, it had nothing to do with the Russians.
31: 2018: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Nicaragua
The situation in Nicaragua is presenting itself at our southern border.
University of Pennsylvania Workers Overwhelmingly Support the Democrat Party
From Top to Bottom Universities are in the Tank for Democrats
Employees at the University of Pennsylvania are overwhelmingly in the tank for the Democrat Party.
Ophelia Jacobson of Campus Reform reported that University of Pennsylvania employees contributed to Democrat candidates, campaigns, and organizations between 2019 and 2020. Campus Reform was able to gather the data by turning to the Federal Election Commission.
Per the Campus Reform analysis, a whopping 97.6 percent of campaign contributions in 2019 and 2020 made by Penn instructors, staff, and administrators were sent to “Democratic organizations, candidates, and their campaigns.” Some of these groups and causes included ActBlue, Win the Era PAC, Biden for President, and MoveOn Political Action.
To get more specific, of the 715 donations that Penn faculty members made, just 11 were sent to Republican candidates, institutions or campaigns. This number represented 1.5 percent of campaign contributions pitched in by faculty members. The remaining 98.4 percent of donations were sent to Democrat causes.
Staff contributions showed similar trends. 97.6 percent of contributions were sent to Democrat campaigns, candidates, or organizations, whereas 2.4 percent were sent to Republicans.
Penn administrators donated 731 times during the time-frame of 2019 and 2020. Curiously, 21 of those 731 contributions (2.8 percent) were only made to Republican causes and the remainder (97.1 percent) were sent to Democrat causes.
This analysis reported that ActBlue was the principal organization that Penn workers donated to as far as Democrats institutions were concerned. In contrast, WinRed was the largest recipient of donations of all the Republican organizations.
Just another case of an American institution of higher learning being filled with leftist staff across the board. Let’s face it, universities are a magnet for the Left and work to perpetuate such a political paradigm.
Conservatives should take note. These institutions and the drones who work for them are the enemy. In light of this, the Right should aim to defund public universities and make sure to attend alternative educational institutions if possible. These institutions do not deserve a single penny from right wingers.
Campaign 20203 days ago
SHOCKING New Texts Indicate Hunter Biden Had Been Told by Parents to Stay Away from a Minor
Tech2 days ago
Twitter Censors Audio of Detroit Poll Workers Being Trained to Lie to Voters, Destroy Ballots, Stop Challengers
DC Whispers3 days ago
REPORT: Hunter Biden Threw “Raucous Party” at Rented L.A Mansion Weeks Ago, Relapsed on Sobriety
Two Americas3 days ago
SICK: Reza Aslan Asks Dinesh D’Souza to Send Him His Address After Proclaiming “We Burn the Entire F****** Thing Down” If GOP Tried to Replace RBG
Sex Crime2 days ago
Joe Rogan Confirms “Conspiracy Theorist” Alex Jones Was The First One Warning About Jeffrey Epstein
Campaign 20203 days ago
Video At Pennsylvania Trump Rally Exposes Biden’s Globalist, Pro-China, Free Trade Track Record
Campaign 20202 days ago
SEVEN THOUSAND Donald Trump Supporters Take to the Streets of Peoria, Arizona in MAGA Parade
Tech1 day ago
Mailchimp Issues New Terms of Service Banning All ‘Misleading’ Content ‘in Their Sole Discretion’