It seems that Sen. Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren (D-MA) isn’t the only huckster in Congress who faked Native American heritage for personal benefit. It is being reported that the family of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) pulled a similar scam to secure lucrative federal construction contracts.
McCarthy’s in-laws received $7 million in no-bid contracts and the rights to build at U.S. military bases and other government facilities in the state of California based on their family’s supposed Indian heritage. McCarthy’s brother-in-law made the claim, and the company Vortex Construction benefited greatly from his claim.
These contracts primarily included construction projects at the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake located in McCarthy’s Congressional district, and the nearby Naval Air Station Lemoore as well. McCarthy’s family was deemed eligible for the projects under a federal program meant to allocate contracts for disadvantaged minorities.
The Small Business Administration believed William Wages, who is the brother of McCarthy’s wife, Judy, when he told them that he is 1/8th Cherokee. However, a close examination of the records show that Wages’ claim of Indian heritage is dubious at best.
The Los Angeles Times explains that the McCarthy family’s allegations do not hold up to scrutiny:
Wages says he is one-eighth Cherokee. An examination of government and tribal records by The Times and a leading Cherokee genealogist casts doubt on that claim, however. He is a member of a group called the Northern Cherokee Nation, which has no federal or state recognition as a legitimate tribe. It is considered a fraud by leaders of tribes that have federal recognition.
Vortex was awarded more than $4 million in minority set-aside contracts for projects at China Lake. McCarthy has been a staunch advocate in Congress for funding and staffing for China Lake, the Navy’s largest property at more than 1.1 million acres, and spearheaded successful efforts to expand its borders.
McCarthy is no ordinary member of Congress, but one of the most powerful elected officials in California and on the national stage. The contracts obtained by Wages’ company have prompted questions about whether he improperly benefited from being McCarthy’s brother-in-law.
The Times investigation has found no evidence that McCarthy did anything to steer contracts to the company. Both Wages and McCarthy said they have never discussed Vortex’s work with each other.
In an interview at the Vortex office, Wages said he did nothing wrong and followed the SBA’s rules in getting Vortex certified for the minority contracting program. He said he submitted a membership card from the Northern Cherokee Nation — then known as the Northern Cherokee Nation of Missouri and Arkansas — to qualify. He said he would be “very surprised” to learn he is not of Cherokee descent.
Wages’ attorney, Jason Torchinsky, said, “Look, the SBA approved the application.”
When presented with The Times’ findings, experts in government ethics said the sheer volume of federal work the company received in and near McCarthy’s district, in addition to Wages’ disputed claim to be Native American that allowed him to avoid competitive bidding, warranted more scrutiny.
It appears that the Democrats have not completely cornered the market on affirmative action scams. McCarthy, who has been a “Young Gun” darling of the Republican Party establishment for years, can perhaps be considered the Fauxcahontas of the GOP because of this shameful news.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls Biden a ‘Threat to National Security’, Files Impeachment Resolution
She knows how to fight.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has filed impeachment papers against President-imposed Joe Biden, giving Democrats a taste of their own medicine and rejecting their cynical and demeaning calls for unity.
She made the announcement in a Twitter post on Thursday:
— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (@RepMTG) January 21, 2021
“President Joe Biden is unfit to hold the office of the Presidency. His pattern of abuse of power as President Obama’s Vice President is lengthy and disturbing. President Biden has demonstrated that he will do whatever it takes to bail out his son, Hunter, and line his family’s pockets with cash from corrupt foreign energy companies,” Greene said, according to a press release from her Congressional office.
“President Biden is even on tape admitting to a quid pro quo with the Ukrainian government threatening to withhold $1,000,000,000 in foreign aid if they did not do his bidding. President Biden residing in the White House is a threat to national security and he must be immediately impeached,” she added.
Greene bolsters her case against Biden with the following evidence:
- Joe Biden abused the power of the Office of the Vice President, enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors, by allowing his son to influence the domestic policy of a foreign nation and accept various benefits—including financial compensation—from foreign nationals in exchange for certain favors.
- The evidence of widespread knowledge, corruption, and collusion on behalf of the Biden family with foreign nationals is clear and compelling.
- As Vice President, Joe Biden was the senior Obama Administration official overseeing anti-corruption efforts in Ukraine. Hence, any illegal activity involving corruption conducted by Hunter Biden within or in relation to Ukraine would fall under the purview of the Office of Vice President Biden and the Obama State Department’s anti-corruption efforts. In fact, many State Department officials within the Obama Administration repeatedly registered reservations about Hunter Biden’s role on the board of a corrupt company. Thus, any instances of corruption on behalf of Hunter Biden via his role as a board member of the Ukrainian-operated Burisma energy firm were intentionally not investigated or covered up.
- In 2016, Ukraine’s top anti-corruption prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, had an active and ongoing investigation into Burisma and its owner, Mykola Zlochevsky. At the time, Hunter Biden continued to serve on Burisma’s board of directors. According to news reports, then Vice-President Biden “threatened to withhold $1 billion in United States loan guarantees if Ukraine’s leaders did not dismiss [Shokin].” After that, Ukraine’s Parliament fired Shokin.
- During his father’s vice presidency, Hunter Biden built many business relationships with foreign nationals and received millions of dollars from foreign sources, seemingly in exchange for access to his father. The financial transactions which Hunter engaged in illustrates serious counterintelligence and extortion concerns relating to Hunter Biden and his family.
- President Biden gravely endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government. Through blatant nepotism, he enabled his son to influence foreign policy and financially benefit as a result of his role as Vice President. He supported his son engaging in collusion with Chinese Communist party-linked officials. He allowed his son to trade appointments with his father and other high-ranking administration officials in exchange for financial compensation. He permitted his son to take money from Russian oligarchs, including Elena Baturina, the wife of the former mayor of Moscow.
Greene’s full press release about her impeachment resolution can be seen here:
— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (@RepMTG) January 21, 2021
Big League Politics will cover Greene’s impeachment resolution as it gains momentum and other Republican lawmakers show where they stand while supporting or opposing the measure.
States3 days ago
Grassroots Leaders Send Final Warning to GOP Establishment: Rejecting Trump Means Death of Republican Party
White House2 days ago
President Trump Contemplates Ditching the GOP, Starting New ‘Patriot Party’ to Put America First
Tech3 days ago
Free Speech Platform Gab Receives 3 Million New Users in 12 Days
Politics4 days ago
Constituents Already Beginning to Turn on Peter Meijer, Who Admits That Voting to Impeach Trump May Have Ruined His Political Career
Politics2 days ago
ENOUGH ALREADY: QAnon Hucksters Now Claim Biden Will Execute ‘The Plan’
Big League Economics2 days ago
Trucking Industry Leaders Expect Biden’s Policies to Crush Small Trucking Companies
Black Lives Matter4 days ago
Twerking For MLK: Black Lives Matter Posts Gyrating Tribute to Civil Rights Hero
Big League Guns2 days ago
Texas Governor Abbott Wants Texas to Be a “Second Amendment Sanctuary”