Reports indicate the alleged hate crime hoaxer and “Empire” star is back on set of the TV show today after being released from jail on bond.
Yesterday, police arrested Smollett for the crime of disorderly conduct, relating to the lies he allegedly told the Chicago Police Department about the attack he allegedly suffered in late January. Police argue that Smollett sent himself a threatening letter, then paid two Nigerian brothers and “Empire” extras to attack him with rope and bleach while wearing red hats that could be mistaken for Make America Great Again caps in a desperate effort to save his acting gig.
Smollett was apparently successful. After he was released from jail on bond earlier today, he was reportedly back on the “Empire” set by early evening, working for the Fox TV show.
JUST IN: Jussie Smollett is back on the ‘Empire’ set, continues his work on the show.
— BNL NEWS (@BreakingNLive) February 22, 2019
Fox had previously released two statements supporting Smollett, and pledging to help him through the alleged hate crime he suffered. They have yet to release a statement confirming the legally embattled actor is still working on the show, or that they have severed ties.
It was reported earlier this week that the producers of “Empire” considered suspending Smollett from the show and terminating his employment.
Fox is considering removing Jussie Smollett from production on “Empire.” Sources close to the production told Variety that producers are weighing whether to suspend the actor after he was charged Wednesday in Chicago with filing a false police report.
A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television, which produces the series, declined to comment. Smollett’s status on the show may change amid a fluid legal situation.
This apparent double standard will likely remind readers of the treatment of Roseanne Barr, who was fired from the TV show bearing her name after she posted an allegedly racist tweet criticizing the looks and actions of former Obama administration member Valerie Jarret.
Barr, who says she thought Jarret was white, was fired over a simple misunderstanding regarding the tweet. Meanwhile, Smollett may have orchestrated one of the largest hate hoaxes of 2019, and smeared the good name of millions of President Donald J. Trump’s supporters, as well as residents of the progressive city of Chicago, in the process.
For a possible hint toward the future viewership of “Empire,” readers need only examine the ratings nosedive the TV show formerly titled “Roseanne” experienced after the writers killed her character in retribution for her tweet.
‘Ghostbusters’ Director Blames Hillary Clinton’s Unpopularity for Failure of All-Female Franchise Reboot
Maybe your movie just stunk, dude.
Nearly four years later, the all-female reboot of ‘Ghostbusters’ is now remembered as one of the worst atrocities in the history of cinema, and director Paul Feig is blaming anti-Hillary Clinton backlash for its failure.
“I think some really brilliant author … needs to write a book about 2016 and how intertwined we were with Hillary [Clinton] and the anti-Hillary movement,” Feig said while appearing on SiriusXM radio last week.
“Everyone was at a boiling point. I don’t know if it was having an African American president for eight years that teed them up, they were just ready to explode,” he added.
Feig is desperate to make excuses for his movie’s failure, rather than take personal responsibility for creating one of the worst movies in film history.
“It’s crazy how people got nuts about women trying to be in power or be in positions they weren’t normally in,” Feig said. “It was an ugly, ugly year.”
The fake news media has been pushing the line that sexism doomed the movie since its historic failure at the box office during its summer 2016 release. However, ‘Ghostbusters’ creator Ivan Reitman believes that it was nostalgia that caused the backlash, not sexism. Viewers did not want to watch a ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot that was seemingly blasphemous to the original.
“I think there’s way too much talk about gender [when it comes to this film],” Reitman said during an interview with Mashable. “I think that many of the people who were complaining were actually lovers of the [original] movie, not haters of women.”
Feig refuses to admit that his creation was so horrendous and even hopes to release a grueling 3.5 hour directors’ cut of the flick despite the fact that nobody wants to see it.
— Paul Feig (@paulfeig) May 21, 2020
Because the movie was such a massive bomb, the cast has been scrapped and replaced with a new cast for the upcoming re-boot “Ghostbusters: Afterlife.” The initial trailer was released last year to rave reviews.
It can be seen here:
Actress Leslie Jones, who starred in the failed all-female reboot, whined about the new movie that is set for theaters in 2021 for completely sweeping her movie under the rug. Similar to her director, she blamed Trump because everyone hated her awful movie.
So insulting. Like fuck us. We dint count. It’s like something trump would do. (Trump voice)”Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women ain’t ghostbusteeeeers” ugh so annoying. Such a dick move. And I don’t give fuck I’m saying something!!
— Leslie Jones 🦋 (@Lesdoggg) January 19, 2019
Feig and Jones, in true liberal fashion, have refused to own up to their own failures. They will continue to create scapegoats instead of admitting the obvious about their horrendous movie that failed spectacularly in its feminist agenda of female empowerment.
Violent Left4 days ago
ANTIFA Leader Complains That ‘Play Time is Over’ After Being Raided by FBI for Allegedly Leading Far-Left Riot
Violent Left3 days ago
Black Lives Matter Terrorists Cut Down 9/11 Memorial for Fallen Firefighters in New York
States3 days ago
23-Month-Old Boy Dies After Being Repeatedly Punched in the Face by Attacker in Chicago
Violent Left4 days ago
10 Charged with Burglary in Looting of Milwaukee Sneaker Store
Politics1 day ago
LEAKED AUDIO: Joe Biden Laughs with Former Ukrainian President about Sabotaging Trump’s Campaign in 2016
Free Speech3 days ago
Prominent Leftists Sign Letter Deriding Cancel Culture, Now That It is Starting to Affect Them!
Politics2 days ago
Churches Report Chicago Officials are Threatening to Bulldoze Their Facilities for Not Complying with COVID-19 Mandates
Big League Wellness4 days ago
Florida’s State Code Would Allow Authorities to Force Shots into Kids By Any Means Necessary