Connect with us

Big League National Security

REPORTS: U.S. Took Down Iran’s Missile Launch Systems in Cyber Attack

An alternative to a full-fledged military intervention.

Published

on

According to several Saturday reports, the United States disabled Iran’s missile launch systems with a cyber attack in response to last week’s attack on an American drone.

“The cyber-attack disabled computer systems controlling rocket and missile launchers,” first reported by Washington Post. 

President Donald J. Trump also announced Saturday that he will place major sanctions on the Middle Eastern nation. He appears to be exploring options to subdue Iran that do not include a full-blown military intervention.

Trending: Leftist Thug Targets Roger Stone’s Handicapped Wife for Vicious Attack in Own Neighborhood

“Iran cannot have Nuclear Weapons! Under the terrible Obama plan, they would have been on their way to Nuclear in a short number of years, and existing verification is not acceptable,” he said on Twitter. “We are putting major additional Sanctions on Iran on Monday. I look forward to the day that Sanctions [sic] come off Iran, and they become a productive and prosperous nation again – The sooner the better!”

Thursday, the United States was poised to launch a missile strike on Iran in response to the nation shooting down an unmanned drone. Trump called the strike off at the last minute.

Big League Politics reported:

President Donald Trump appears to have personally scratched a plan to strike Iran on Thursday night, in response to the nation’s destruction of an American drone aircraft. The President had ordered the operation earlier in the day.

The development comes as tensions approach all-time highs between the United States and the Shia Islamist Republic. Leading hawks within the White House such as National Security Advisor John Bolton were said to have sought a forceful response in reaction to the earlier incident, which saw a U.S Navy drone shot down over the Persian Gulf. It’s unclear if the drone was in international waters.

A cancellation of a potentially provocative and complicated operation signals a victory for the restrained foreign policy the President became known for championing as a candidate. Earlier Thursday the President expressed his opinion that Iran “made a mistake” by destroying the unmanned aircraft in a White House briefing.

If his instincts prove correct, a retaliatory attack on Iran would have been significantly out of proportion to Iran’s actions. Few Americans or national security experts are exactly pining to see the United States execute a full-fledged and dangerous attack on Iranian assets in response to the destruction of a robot.


Follow Peter D’Abrosca on Twitter: @pdabrosca

Like Peter D’Abrosca on Facebook: facebook.com/peterdabrosca

Preorder Peter D’Abrosca’s Book: Enemies: The Press vs. The American People”

Big League National Security

Locked and Loaded: Pentagon Grants Soldiers in DC Power to use Lethal Force

The National Guard have been authorized to use lethal force, if needed.

Published

on

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy has authorized the twenty thousand National Guard members providing security around the U.S. Capitol to carry lethal weapons as Washington, D.C., braces for Inauguration Day.

On January 12, 2021, National Guardsmen were given authorization to be armed in support of the U.S. Capitol Police to protect the U.S. Capitol and individual members of Congress and their staff,” according to a statement from the D.C. National Guard, which is commanding Guard forces in the city, including units deployed from six other states, to provide security for President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week,” the DC National Guard revealed in a statement “This was requested by federal authorities and authorized by the Secretary of the Army.

The National Guard Bureau declined to specify what weapons troops would carry.

National Guard members are postured to meet the requirements of the supported civil authorities, up to and including protective equipment and being armed if necessary,” said the statement. “The public’s safety is our top priority.

take our poll - story continues below

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense?

  • VOTE NOW: Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense when he shot three BLM rioters? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Gen. Daniel R. Hokanson, chief of the National Guard Bureau, told media members on Monday that a force of up to 15,000 will deploy to D.C. with all their issued equipment, including their individual weapons. So if the need arises, “they are close by and they are readily accessible.”

The Pentagon initially authorized up to six thousand two hundred Guard members from Maryland, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania to deploy to D.C. on federal status to maintain security through Inauguration Day.

The history of National Guard members being a part of the presidential inauguration dates back to the first inauguration of President George Washington in 1789.

 

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending