Connect with us

Two Americas

Southern Rock Band ‘Confederate Railroad’ Loses Second Gig Due to Confederate Flag

Confederate Railroad has had two gigs canceled due to their use of the Confederate battle flag in their logo.

Published

on

Confederate Railroad Event Canceled Flag

A southern rock band titled Confederate Railroad has lost its second gig due to their logo containing the Confederate battle flag, which the band maintains represents the forgotten culture of the deep south.

This marks the second gig lost by Confederate Railroad in less than a month, as organizers use the Confederate battle flag used in the band’s logo against them.

The band, which has been active since the 1990s, was first canceled from the Illinois State Fair on July 9, 2019. The band describes itself as “the former backup band for both David Allan Coe and Johnny Paycheck,” and explains that the band has released several popular songs and has received GRAMMY nominations and received the Academy of Country Music’s Top new Vocal Group Award in 1992.

Trending: VIDEO: Chinese Factory Worker Caught Contaminating Hundreds of Medical Face Masks

From the band’s statement on its website:

take our poll - story continues below

Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump?

  • Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

As many of you know, we were scheduled to perform at the Illinois State Fair in Du Quoin, Illinois on August 27, along with our friends Restless heart and Shenandoah. We have since been removed from that show by the Illinois Department of Agriculture because of the name of our band. This was very disapopointing as we have played this fair bfeore and enjoyed it very much. The outpouring of support from Confederate Railroad fans, fans of other acts, and the public in general, has been both overwhelming and very much appreciated. I would also like to thank the actors, athletes and fellow country music artists who have spoken out in support.

It has been brought to my attention that several people have asked both Restless Heart and Shenandoah to cancel their shows in protest of our cancellation. I have spoken to both acts and encouraged them to perform as scheduled. Live concerts are how we pay our bills and feed our families. I would never want to see another act lose a payday because of this. Please go out and here these two great bands. As I have said many times onstage, I am by now means a saint but, I am a man of faith and I have faith that God will see us through this as well as whatever comes next! Thank you for your support.

The next cancellation happened this week, as they were removed from the Ulster County Fair in New York’s Hudson Valley, with the organizers citing concerns of diversity and inclusiveness around the band’s logo.

USA TODAY reported:

The band’s Aug. 1 date at the Ulster County Fair in New York’s Hudson Valley has been canceled, a spokesman for Ulster County executive Pat Ryan said Thursday. Earlier this month, Illinois canceled a state fair appearance by the band, whose logo features a steam locomotive flying Confederate flags.

“The Ulster County Fair must be an event that everyone can enjoy while representing the values of all members of our community,” Ryan said in a prepared statement. “Any showcasing of a symbol of division and racism runs counter to that principle and will be vigorously opposed by my administration.”

Speaking to USA TODAY, the band’s front man said “I’ve done nothing wrong.” He added that, “I love the part of the country I’m from, and I will never apologize for that.”

The debate over the Confederate battle flag is yet again reaching a fever pitch in the country, with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) assisting the left in their quest to destroy the nation’s heritage only two weeks ago.

Earlier this year, Black Lives Matter activist and noted white man Shaun King posted a video to Facebook celebrating the vandalism of a truck as a man tore the confederate flag off the back.

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Have a hot tip for Big League Politics?

Got a hot news tip for us? Photos or video of a breaking story? Send your tips, photos and videos to tips@bigleaguepolitics.com. All hot tips are immediately forwarded to BLP Staff.

Have something to say? Send your own guest column or original reporting to submissions@bigleaguepolitics.com.

Two Americas

Elitists Ready State-of-the-Art Doomsday Bunkers as Coronavirus Pandemic Worsens

It’s good to be a plutocrat!

Published

on

While ordinary Americans deal with the coronavirus pandemic and the many anxieties that accompany the unprecedented crisis, the super rich are retreating to state-of-the-art bunkers featuring bowling alleys, swimming pools, and other amenities.

The providers of these doomsday bunkers are reporting a drastic increase in business, with coronavirus hysteria causing at least one economic sector to boom.

“As unpopular as coronavirus is, it’s getting the publicity of a Backstreet Boys hit in the ‘90s,” said Gary Lynch, general manager of Texas-based Rising S Bunkers. “People have an infatuation with it.”

Business is good for Lynch and other bunker manufacturers, as the ultra rich scramble to use their remaining wealth to seclude themselves. There is no limit to the luxuries that can be provided in a modern bunker, with many of these bunker models resembling mansions.

take our poll - story continues below

Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump?

  • Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Movie theaters are common,” Lynch said. “We built one in California that has a shooting range, swimming pool and bowling alley.”

Lynch offers 24 different options for individuals wishing to purchase a bunker. The smallest model costs $39,500 and includes a custom air filtration system, bunk beds, a functioning toilet, and a kitchen counter. A more decadent set-up is the Fortress, which costs $1.009 million, including 15 private bedrooms, 42 bunk beds, a panic room, and a room to house guns.

The most garish model of all is the Aristocrat, which features a sauna, hot tub, swimming pool, gym, greenhouse, billiards room and garage. It costs an incredible $8.35 million to construct and is off limits to all but the super rich. Coronavirus is causing a run on these types of shelters, Lynch explains, as high-class Americans realize the necessity of extreme preparedness.

“In 2008, I talked to a guy for four-five months who was thinking about purchasing a shelter. I think he probably used the coronavirus to convince his wife, because he finally just bought one,” Lynch said. “That’s how most buyers are; they’re not in it for one single reason.”

The providers of these bunkers feel they are supplying a much-needed service in the market to alleviate the authentic fears of families in an increasingly topsy-turvy world.

“We don’t create fear. We resolve it. The true elite all have backdoor plans. They’re jumping on planes and flying to islands,” said Robert Vicino, who is CEO of the shelter-building company Vivos. “We give people the peace of mind that they have their own backdoor solution for when it’s time to take shelter.”

Vicino noted that his clientele has moved from middle class to upper class in recent months, as the wealthy no longer feel insulated from the rest of society from their gated neighborhoods. He reports that interest in his bunkers are up 1,000 percent year-over-year, and sales are up 400 percent, as doomsday fever sweeps throughout America.

“As long as time permits, we will continue to build bunkers. This world won’t be safer tomorrow,” he added.

For the Americans without the wealth to retreat from society, they will have to deal with a tumultuous and dangerous reality for their loved ones as the coronavirus pandemic continues without any sign of slowing.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending