The Hill reported that Senior White House adviser Stephen Miller allegedly told supporters in an off-the-record call on April 23, 2020 that President Donald Trump’s temporary order to suspend immigration is part of a broader strategy to reduce all forms of immigration.
The Washington Post was able to obtain the audio of the call where Miller said that “the most important thing is to turn off the faucet of new immigrant labor” and that the temporary ban would restrict “chains of follow-on migration.”
Trump signed the order on April 22, which suspended the entry of some green card applicants for 60 days.
That said, the order has exemptions for prospective immigrants, which includes “essential workers, spouses and young children of U.S. citizens, investor visa beneficiaries and service members.”
After the executive order was unveiled, mass migration advocates could tell that Miller’s influence was all over it.
“Stephen Miller somehow, someway convinces President Donald Trump to constantly go to immigration as an issue, regardless of the policy matter we’re trying to address,” Democrat Congressman Tony Cárdenas told The Hill on April 24.
Certain migration restriction groups have criticized Trump’s executive order for not containing more restrictions, such as moratoriums on guest worker visas.
Roy Beck, president of NumbersUSA, declared in a statement that “corporate lobbyists and other immigration expansionists in the White House persuaded the President to significantly water down” his order.
In a piece titled Piercing Illusion of Trump’s ‘Immigration Ban’, Michelle Malkin described Trump’s order as “all moratorium hat and no cattle.”
She listed the following reasons why the order failed to meet America First standards:
- All new green card applications and routine visa processing were already suspended on March 20.
- Refugee resettlement was already suspended the same week and is scheduled to be frozen until at least May 15 (although more than 1,000 Afghan refugees were flown in over the past month while the rest of us have been ordered shut in our own homes).
- Foreign travelers from China and Europe, plus Canada and Mexico, were already barred from entering (though thousands of H-2A and H-2B agricultural and seasonal workers got in and some 35,000 more expect a green light despite virus outbreaks at Chinese-owned meat plants packed with foreign laborers).
- The annual H-1B lottery for Chinese and Indian tech workers was completed last month and a total of 475,000 H-1Bs are safe while untold thousands of American STEM students, graduates and workers lost their livelihoods.
- Despite massive layoffs of H-1B workers in tech, there is no move to send them home. Instead, immigration lawyers are outrageously advising H-1B and other temporary visa holders (including those in the L-1, B-1 and R categories) that they are eligible for stimulus checks.
- More than a million F-1 foreign student visa holders remain in the country, including nearly 400,000 from China, as do hundreds of thousands of foreign students who secured Optional Practical Training work permits in STEM fields, displacing American workers.
- More than 4,000 J-1 foreign health worker visas were freed up earlier this month while American medical professionals lost their jobs. The American Medical Association, which has artificially suppressed the supply of doctors for decades to inflate wages, is whining about shortages and pressuring to relax J-1 rules and time limits even further.
All in all, this order was a big dud.
America First advocates must continue holding President Trump’s feet to the fire.
When push comes to shove, America First will need both chambers — House and Senate — to have solid America First Republican majorities.
That way, migration restriction legislation can be sent to President Trump’s desk, without having to rely on just the executive branch — which has proven reluctant to act on the issue — to get migration restriction to move forward.
Texas National Guard will be Deploying on Election Day
Democrats are Shaking in Their Boots
On October 26, 2020, the Texas National Guard announced that Governor Abbott is deploying 1,000 members to five of the state’s largest cities to potentially quell unrest on Election Day or the days that follow.
Texas Democrats are uneasy about this announcement, according to a Fox News report.
According to the San Antonio Express-News, the cities where troops will be sent to are Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio.
The very fact that troops might be deployed to polling locations has Texas Democrats frightened about the prospect of voter suppression and intimidation. Although the state has been solidly Republican in the last 30 years, Texas is starting to become more competitive. Some experts believe it could flip to the Democrats in 2020 or at the very least, in the near future.
The Texas National Guard commander’s chief of staff informed the San Antonio Express-News that the guard deployment would only be activated to “deter any civil disturbance at sites in various cities within Texas.”
The protection of polling stations “has not been on any mission request or in any conversation with the governor’s office,” Major General James K. “Red” Brown declared. Although troops could be sent to guard buildings , being stationed at polling locations “has not been requested,” Texas Guard spokesman stated.
On the night of October 26, other military officials informed KXAN-TV that there were no plans to send military units to polling locations.
Adjutant General Major General Tracy Norris declared in a statement that the Texas Military Department “was activated to provide additional support to the Department of Public Safety in the summer of 2020.”
“Texas Service Members continue to support DPS in this capacity, guarding historical landmarks such as the Alamo and the State Capitol,” Norris remarked. “To be clear, there has been no request nor any plan to provide any type of support at any polling location in Texas.”
The San Antonio Express-News also confirmed that Norris was requested to set up contingency plans in case of any unrest that emerges.
The initial reports about Abbott’s order received more concerns in progressive bastions such as Austin.
“We’re not hearing any real indications to anticipate any disruptions or intimidation,” said Adler.
Austin City Council member Gregorio Casar blamed Abbott for “fear-mongering.”
4/ "Voting in Texas, whether by mail, early in-person, or on Election Day, is safe, secure, and convenient, and our local leaders will ensure that every vote is counted." #txlege #2020Elections #CountEveryVote
— Gregorio Casar (@GregCasar) October 26, 2020
2020 elections will be very heated and it’s prudent for Abbott to use military assets to protect Texans from potential insurrectionist behavior from the radical Left.
Campaign 20204 days ago
SHOCKING New Texts Indicate Hunter Biden Had Been Told by Parents to Stay Away from a Minor
Tech3 days ago
Twitter Censors Audio of Detroit Poll Workers Being Trained to Lie to Voters, Destroy Ballots, Stop Challengers
DC Whispers4 days ago
REPORT: Hunter Biden Threw “Raucous Party” at Rented L.A Mansion Weeks Ago, Relapsed on Sobriety
Two Americas4 days ago
SICK: Reza Aslan Asks Dinesh D’Souza to Send Him His Address After Proclaiming “We Burn the Entire F****** Thing Down” If GOP Tried to Replace RBG
Sex Crime3 days ago
Joe Rogan Confirms “Conspiracy Theorist” Alex Jones Was The First One Warning About Jeffrey Epstein
Tech2 days ago
Mailchimp Issues New Terms of Service Banning All ‘Misleading’ Content ‘in Their Sole Discretion’
Campaign 20202 days ago
George Soros is Desperately Throwing Money at Minority Voters to Get them to Vote Democrat
Campaign 20203 days ago
SEVEN THOUSAND Donald Trump Supporters Take to the Streets of Peoria, Arizona in MAGA Parade