Three More U.S. Servicemen Killed in Endless Middle Eastern War

The blast from a roadside bomb killed three U.S. Servicemen in Afghanistan Tuesday morning, and wounded three others.

“Lt. Ubon Mendie, a spokesman for the U.S. forces, said in a statement that three other service members and one American civilian contractor were injured in the blast. The wounded were evacuated and were being provided medical care, Mendie said,” according to USA Today. 

The Taliban – the same one that we have been fighting since 2001 – claimed responsibility for the attack, which happened in the Ghazni province. The identities of the soldiers remain unknown.

According to the report, at least five servicemen have been killed in Afghanistan in November in a seemingly-endless war from which the last two president’s have promised withdrawal. That withdrawal has yet to become reality. A total of 11 servicemen have been killed there this year.

Army Sgt. Leandro Jasso, 25, was killed last week during combat operations in the Helmand province of Afghanistan. He was a member of the elite 2nd Battalion of the 75th Army Ranger Regiment.

The war in Afghanistan has raged on since 2001, and the war in Iraq since 2003. The United States has deposed Iraq’s Saddam Hussein and Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi, which has led to widespread chaos and war between factions of mostly-Islamic groups in the Middle East.

The Trump administration has faced pressure to depose Syria’s Bashar al-Assad over reports of his alleged use of chemical weapons on his own people. So far, Trump has managed to keep the military industrial complex at bay, but has not managed to find a solution for war-weary Americans have been looking for a way out the Middle Eastern quagmire for years.

Without an established end goal, it appears that our brave troops are simply meandering in an endless void of violence. It is time to bring them home.

 

Share: