Jonathan Vanderhagen, 35, faces charges of malicious use of a telecommunications device after exposing a judge on social media who took away his son, placed the child in his mother’s care, which ultimately resulted in the child’s untimely death. The trial officially began on Friday.
“Today’s trial is the limitless money, power, and privilege of the crown vs. Jonathan Vanderhagen and the 1st amendment. Your thoughts and prayers please,” Vanderhagen’s lawyer Nicholas Somberg wrote in a Facebook post before the trial started.
The prosecutors are arguing that Vanderhagen’s First Amendment rights are effectively null and void because family-court Judge Rachel Rancilio felt intimidated by his posts exposing her record. Assistant Prosecutor Elizabeth Rittinger is using the “fire in a crowded theater” trope to justify this constitutional infringement in court.
“I think all of this behavior, especially in its totality, and some of the specifics — like the shovel posting – on their own create this violation of the law,” Rittinger said. “You can speak freely, say all you want against the system … but when it comes to this level, you’ve crossed over into yelling ‘fire’ in a theater, and that’s not appropriate. It’s a violation of the law.”
Despite the fact that it was clear that Vanderhagen’s posts were referring to him digging up dirt about Rancilio’s record, Rittinger argued the context didn’t matter. A robed lawyer felt threatened, so Vanderhagen must pay for his illegal free speech.
“That’s possible, quite possible,” she said, referring to a meme Vanderhagen shared that featured a shovel with Rancilio’s name on it. “But there’s a threat in there as well, as perceived by the victim.”
Vanderhagen opted to refuse a plea deal from prosecutors that would have allowed him to walk out of court a free man if he accepted guilt for a charge of disturbing the peace. He is fighting back, as he and his legal counsel believe that his stand for constitutional rights is too important to abdicate.
“This case is about power and privilege,” Somberg said. “If someone was making these Facebook posts about you, they would laugh in your face. The only reason we’re here is because a judge with all the power and privilege in the world who can go send people to go arrest people.”
Vanderhagen’s attorney points to the overwhelming support that has coalesced behind his client in recent weeks, as the public rallies to the defense of a grieving father who has been wronged repeatedly by a corrupt justice system.
“The courtroom is packed full of supporters! Standing room only!” Somberg posted regarding the first day of the trial. “Thank you everyone for all your input on the case. There are some great points made that I am going to use! We are crowdsourcing this fight against tyranny!” he added in a subsequent Facebook post.
As Big League Politics reported last week, Vanderhagen was jailed and then held on half a million dollars bond for exposing what he feels were acts of government malfeasance that led to the death of his beloved 21-month-old son.
Jonathan Vanderhagen lost a custody battle for his son over two years ago, and his son died shortly after while in his mother’s custody. He had warned the court about the mother’s history of unstable behavior, but his pleas were ultimately ignored by the female judge and court referee…
A police report filed following the untimely death of two-year-old Killian cleared his mother from liability in his death, but the Vanderhagen family disagrees strongly with that assessment. They feel that if Killian was taken care of properly, he may be alive today…
Jonathan Vanderhagen was vocal about his anguish on social media, assigning blame toward Judge Rachel Rancilio for granting sole custody of Killian to his mother. As a result, Rancilio complained about her safety, and the Macomb County Sheriff’s office charged Jonathan with malicious use of telecommunications services as a result.
“Dada back to digging and you best believe I’m gonna dig up all the skeletons in this court’s closet,” Jonathan wrote in one social media post that is being used against him by prosecutors.
He refused to be muzzled despite the court infringing upon his 1st Amendment rights. He went back on social media and continued to raise public awareness about corruption the court following his arrest.
For refusing to be silenced, a judge determined that Jonathan Vanderhagen violated his bond conditions. He was placed in jail on an astronomical half a million dollars bond, more than what is recommended in for rapists and murderers in many cases.
The trial reconvenes on Tuesday, when Rancilio is expected to take the stand and continue testifying.
Michigan Governor’s Office Announces Criminal Investigation of Ballot Initiative to Limit Their COVID-19 Overreach
Conflict of interest much?
The office of Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has announced that they are launching a criminal investigation against the ballot initiative launched to reign in the Democrat administration’s COVID-19 overreach.
Michigan attorney general Dana Nessel has announced that she is launching a criminal probe against her opposition. The Unlock Michigan ballot initiative gained over 500,000 signatures to allow the Michigan legislature to repeal emergency powers exploited by Whitmer throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Our ballot initiative process allows efforts with strong public support to be presented to the Legislature,” Nessel said in a news release. “But that process becomes tainted when petition circulators manipulate and cheat to serve their own agendas. My office will investigate these allegations, and if there is a violation of law, we will prosecute those responsible.”
Video has been released of progressive ballot expert Erik Tisinger, who works as a trainer for the California signature company, In the Field, Inc. He gave a training that told volunteers to commit illegal actions, which so conveniently was recorded by a pro-Democrat group lobbying for the governor to keep her illicit power.
This state of affairs, which seems like it is an obvious Democrat set-up, is now being used in an attempt to invalidate Unlock Michigan’s efforts and deny the people the ability to reign in their out-of-control government.
Unlock Michigan spokesman Fred Wszolek says that the investigation is “a partisan political farce, which is to be expected from this partisan political attorney general.” He believes that authorities “should investigate the conspiracy among Gov. Whitmer’s political operatives to stage this sham video.”
Big League Politics has reported on Whitmer’s genocidal policies throughout the pandemic, which included sending countless elderly people to their early graves by housing COVID-19 patients in nursing homes:
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer vetoed a bipartisan bill on Friday that would have protected the elderly and vulnerable by banning COVID-19 patients from being quarantined in nursing homes.
“Protecting the health and safety of nursing home residents and their staff continues to be a top priority for my administration,” Governor Whitmer said while announcing her veto.
“Senate Bill 956 is nothing more than a political game that would relocate vulnerable seniors without any requirement for consent, doctor’s approval, or notification to patients and their families. It’s time for the Republican legislature to get serious about protecting our most vulnerable and addressing the public health and economic crisis faced by our state. We look forward to continuing our work with stakeholders and legislators on the task force to develop real solutions that make sense for Michigan seniors and their families,” she added.
Senate Republicans are firing back at Whitmer for her cruel and callous decision to veto the common sense legislation.
“In a mean-spirited move, Gov. Whitmer announced she vetoed a plan that would have prevented COVID-19 patients from entering our nursing homes,” they wrote.
“Only a few governors had allowed this reckless practice in the first place, and all except Gov. Whitmer have since changed course and stopped the practice, including embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo,” Senate Republicans continued.
“Gov. Whitmer should be ashamed, and she certainly is acting like it. Her veto decision was hidden in a late Friday afternoon news release with a headline announcing something entirely different,” they added. “But make no mistake. The governor owns her veto and the abhorrent policy that has contributed to the deaths of thousands of people.”
If Unlock Michigan is thrown out by liberal activist judges in the courts, it may be time for Michigan residents to rediscover 2nd Amendment remedies in response to to the intolerable acts of the Whitmer administration.
Deplorables4 days ago
Sarah Palin Considering Primary Challenge to RINO Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski
Videos4 days ago
VIDEO: Slow Joe Calls U.S. Troops ‘Stupid Bastards’ After They Refused to Clap for His Remarks
Campaign 20203 days ago
WATCH: Joe Biden Reads Teleprompter Incorrectly: “I Got to the Senate 180 Years Ago”
Campaign 20201 day ago
FLASHBACK: Congressional Candidate Laura Loomer Uncovered Minneapolis Ballot Harvesting Scheme in 2018
Black Lives Matter4 days ago
‘Their Goal is Terror’: Sen. Rand Paul Tells the Truth about Black Lives Matter Agenda
Tech3 days ago
Facebook Directly Censoring Tucker Carlson in Advance of November Election
Black Lives Matter3 days ago
Man Who Shot Two Louisville Police Officers ONLY Charged With Assault, Wanton Endangerment
ANTIFA3 days ago
Lawsuit Says St. Lawrence University Allowed ANTIFA Terrorist to Commit Extortion on Campus