Wednesday morning, President Donald J. Trump Tweeted his support for Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School student who was falsely maligned by the media as a “racist” for his interaction with Native American activist Nathan Phillips in Washington, D.C., in the high school student’s lawsuit against The Washington Post.
“‘The Washington Post ignored basic journalistic standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump.’ Covington student suing WAPO. Go get them Nick. Fake News!” Trump said.
“The Washington Post ignored basic journalistic standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump.” Covington student suing WAPO. Go get them Nick. Fake News!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 20, 2019
The family of the Kentucky teen who was involved in an encounter with a Native American advocate at the Lincoln Memorial last month filed a defamation lawsuit against The Washington Post on Tuesday, seeking $250 million in damages for its coverage of the incident.
“In a span of three days in January of this year commencing on January 19, the Post engaged in a modern-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC, among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened Nicholas Sandmann, an innocent secondary school child,” reads the complaint.
It added, “The Post ignored basic journalist standards because it wanted to advance its well-known and easily documented, biased agenda against President Donald J. Trump by impugning individuals perceived to be supporters of the President.”
The suit was filed by Sandmann’s parents, Ted and Julie, on Nicholas’s behalf in U.S. District Court in Covington. It seeks $250 million because Amazon chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos paid that amount for the newspaper when he bought it in 2013.
The quarter of a billion dollar lawsuit against The Post would be a serious setback, to say the least. In recent weeks, other far-left news outlets including VICE, HuffPost, and BuzzFeed have suffered layoffs. The layoffs have inspired internet users to encourage left wing journalists to learn the art of computer linguistics.
Follow Peter D’Abrosca on Twitter: @pdabrosca
Like Peter D’Abrosca on Facebook: facebook.com/peterdabrosca
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
AG Bill Barr Calls Out Mainstream Media for Hydroxychloroquine ‘Jihad’
The media is furious that Trump suggested use of the drug.
Attorney General Bill Barr expressed his disappointment with the mainstream media’s coverage of the coronavirus epidemic when speaking to Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Wednesday, pointing to what he called a ‘jihad’ on the media’s part over the President’s suggestion of hydroxychloroquine being used to treat the disease.
“It’s very disappointing because I think the president went out at the beginning of [the coronavirus pandemic] and really was statesmanlike, trying to bring people together, working with all the governors,” said Barr of the federal government’s coronavirus response. “Keeping his patience as he as he got these snarky, gotcha questions from the White House media pool and the stridency of the partisan attacks on him has gotten higher and higher.”
The media has pushed hysterical claims of medical malpractice against President Trump for suggesting that hydroxychloroquine could prove useful in treating the disease- a claim backed up by many prominent figures in the medical and scientific community, some of whom recount using the drug to great effectiveness in treating coronavirus patients.
“The media has been on a jihad to discredit the drug. It’s quite strange.”
Barr totally ruled out the notion of issuing government certificates certifying citizens as coronavirus-free, an idea increasingly favored by liberal globalists and enacted to some extent in Germany.
The Attorney General also lamented the economic costs of the virus in America, reiterating President Trump’s desire that the cost not be worse than the disease. “We cannot keep for a long period of time our economy shut down just on the public health thing… So we have to find after the 30-day period, we have to find a way of allowing businesses to adapt to this situation and figure out how they can best get started.”
Barr’s remarks may suggest the federal government may be increasingly willing to consider working to roll back the disruptions to everyday life by the end of April.
“I’m not suggesting we stop social distancing overnight… There may come a time where we have to worry less about that. I don’t know when that will be.”
Watch the Attorney General’s exchange with Ingraham here.
Trending on BLP
Big League Wellness3 days ago
Dr. Anthony Fauci Plotted ‘Global Vaccine Action Plan’ with Bill Gates Before Pushing COVID Panic and Doubts About Hydroxychloroquine Treatments
News3 days ago
GLOBALISM: Bush Foundation Ships 2 Million Masks to China Despite Increasing Shortages in America
News3 days ago
A Broken Clock is Right Twice a Day: Charlie Kirk Calls for Moratorium on All Visas During Wuhan Virus Pandemic
News3 days ago
The Wuhan Virus Takes a Bite Out of a Bronx Zoo Tiger
News3 days ago
British Politicians Believe that the Wuhan Virus Pandemic Might Have Come from a Leak at a Chinese Laboratory
Big League Wellness4 days ago
New York Storefronts Boarded Up as Burglaries Rise 75%
Culture2 days ago
Father Handcuffed, Arrested for Playing Tee Ball with Wife and Daughter in Public Park
Border Security3 days ago
Smugglers Posing as Border Wall Construction Crew Arrested After Border Patrol Shootout