Police in Westminster, London have confirmed that a car crossed anti-terror barriers and struck several cyclists this morning was an act of terror.
“One woman suffered serious, but non-life threatening, injuries while two other men also needed medical treatment,” according to The Sun. “Met Police confirmed the suspect – who is not believed to have been armed – is currently being quizzed on suspicion of terror offences at a South London police station.”
The man, in his late 20’s, allegedly bought the silver Ford Fiesta that he used in the attack two months ago.
“It appears to be a deliberate act,” said Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu. “We are treating it as a terrorist incident. At this early stage of the investigation no other suspects at the scene have been identified or reported to police.”
Witnesses also described the attack as intentional.
“I think the crash looked intentional – the car drove at speed and towards the barriers,” said Ewalina Ochab, a pedestrian.
Another person at the scene, Jason Williams, echoed the same sentiment.
“He went into the bollard at high speed, about 40 or 50mph,” Williams said. “It was, in my opinion, something planned and something very sinister.”
Just 17 months ago, another violent terror attack rocked Westminster. Daily Mail reported:
Khalid Masood, 52, ploughed a car into crowds on the bridge in London in March 2017, in the first of five terrorist attacks on Britain last year.
Masood abandoned his car then stabbed and killed unarmed PC Keith Palmer before he was shot by armed police in a courtyard outside Parliament.
Masood’s rampage left five people dead – 48-year-old PC Palmer, who was on duty at the Palace of Westminster, along with US tourist Kurt Cochran, Romanian tourist Andreea Cristea, 31, and Britons Aysha Frade, 44, and 75-year-old Leslie Rhodes, who were mown down on the bridge.
Masood was a Muslim convert with a history of violent crime.
The perpetrator of today’s attack has yet to be identified by police. He is reportedly not cooperating with authorities.
Japan: Number of October Suicides Exceeded All COVID-19 Deaths Throughout 2020
The cure should not be worse than the problem itself.
Japan has seen more of its people die in one month from suicide than from total COVID-19 deaths in 2020.
Japan’s National Police Agency reported that 2,153 people committed suicide in the month of October, while fewer than 2,000 people have died from COVID-19 all year.
While it is true that Japan has historically had high rates of suicide compared to other nations, suicides had generally decreased throughout 2020.
Despite the high number of suicides in October, the Japanese have avoided implementing draconian lockdowns and restrictions for the most part, though they have been seeing record high numbers of cases in the month of November. Thus it should be interesting to see what their suicide numbers for this month look like.
Meanwhile, in Canada, a CBC reporter recorded herself stalking church attendees on Sunday:
Big League Wellness3 days ago
Los Angeles Enacts Full Coronavirus Lockdown for Three Weeks
States3 days ago
Michigan Election Day Whistleblowers Demand for Republicans to Convene Voter Fraud Hearings
Deplorables2 days ago
WATCH: General Flynn SPEAKS OUT In First Interview Since Pardon: “President Trump Won This Election”
Free Speech4 days ago
YOUR NEW MASTER: Twitter’s Head of Conversational Safety, a “Young, Queer Asian-American Businesswoman,” is “Rethinking” the Concept of User Safety
Culture3 days ago
Starbucks Barista FIRED After Refusing to Wear “Pride” T-Shirt for Religious Reasons, According to Lawsuit
Immigration3 days ago
In His First 100 Days in Office, Biden Promises Mass Amnesty for 11 Illegal Aliens
States2 days ago
California’s Liberal Political Elite Live in Overwhelmingly White Affluent Suburbs
States1 day ago
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp’s Lawyers Argue That Protecting Dominion’s Trade Secrets is More Important Than Rooting Out Fraud