UPDATE: Desperate Parents Begged Officials To Save Their Children

“Sector Houston-Galveston participates in active-shooter exercise” by Coast Guard News is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0.

Days after the horrific attack on Robb elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, shocked the nation, heart-wrenching video has surfaced showing a group of desperate parents and bystanders assembled outside, begging law enforcement officials to enter the building and stop the massacre that was being committed by 18-year-old Salvador Ramos.

As young children and their teachers were being murdered inside the school, law enforcement was assembled outside, with over 12 officers creating a perimeter around the group of parents in the parking lot, preventing them from defending the lives of their children.

One of the parents, fed up with the inaction he was observing, called upon the group of distraught mothers and fathers to “just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to.” This idea was made impossible by the heavily-armed officials who were focusing their attention on keeping parents from trying to end the bloodshed, rather than entering the building and ending it themselves.

According to Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw, it took officials nearly an hour after the initial shooting to end Ramos’ rampage. 

In the troubling video, one official can be seen brandishing a taser, presumably to be used on the group of parents, should they have attempted to save their children from being slaughtered. 


The video also shows a man lying on his back between two vehicles, with law enforcement standing over him.

Speaking to reporters about the evolving “preliminary information,” McCraw stated, “The bottom line is law enforcement was there. They did engage immediately. They did contain (the active shooter) in the classroom.” Tragically, that fourth-grade classroom was filled with children who Ramos murdered indiscriminately. 

Ramos, who was reportedly bullied for wearing black eyeliner and speaking with a stutter, had dropped out of high school and was living with his 66-year-old grandmother, who Ramos shot in the head before speeding off in her vehicle to the elementary school. His grandmother has so far survived the gunshot wound, and was taken to a San Antonio hospital in critical condition.


When he was approximately a block away from the school, Ramos crashed the car he was driving, exited with a rifle and moved to the elementary school he planned to attack. Once on school grounds, McCraw reported that Ramos encountered a “brave resource officer,” who “engaged” him. 

What happened during this encounter is unclear. But McCraw reported that there was no gunfire “exchanged,” yet Ramos was able to enter the building. It is not clear how the shooter was able to enter the school without firing a shot, but Big League Politics will be covering this story closely as new information emerges.

According to McCraw, as Ramos was shooting, Uvalde police officers and independent school district officers “immediately” engaged Ramos, causing him to barricade himself in one of the classrooms, where he would continue to murder innocent children and teachers while law enforcement assembled a tactical team.

Ramos was shot and killed by one heroic Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) agent who, according to the New York Post, charged into the school with “no backup,” exchanging gunfire with Ramos, killing him and stopping him from murdering more students. The CBP agent suffered injuries during his valiant rescue, but was able to end the tragic event and save numerous children from a truly evil individual.

Our Latest Articles