The Islamic Kingdom of Saudi Arabia claims that two of their oil tankers in the Gulf were damaged by “sabotage attacks” on Monday morning.
The Saudis released a statement decrying “acts of sabotage which targeted commercial and civilian vessels near the territorial waters of the United Arab Emirates.”
“This criminal act constitutes a serious threat to the security and safety of maritime navigation and adversely impacts regional and international peace and security,” a Saudi foreign military source said.
UAE also claims that four commercial vessels were targeted by attacks near the emirate of Fujairah a day earlier. They released a statement about the Saudi attacks.
“Two Saudi oil tankers were subjected to a sabotage attack in the exclusive economic zone of the United Arab Emirates, off the coast of the Emirate of Fujairah, while on their way to cross into the Arabian Gulf,” said Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih, according to a SPA state news agency report.
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi expressed regret over the event and denied that Iran had anything to do with the attacks.
“The incidents in the Sea of Oman are alarming and regrettable,” Mousavi said in public statement released on the foreign ministry’s webpage.
As the war drums beat, Mousavi “warned against plots by ill-wishers to disrupt regional security” and urged for “vigilance of regional states in the face of any adventurism by foreign elements.”
Meanwhile, U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo – who has repeatedly threatened regime change in Iran – has come unexpectedly into Brussels to raise warning of Iran’s “threatening actions and statements.”
Europe is worried that the U.S. is pushing toward another costly war that will recreate disasters similar to what was done in Iraq and Libya during the Bush and Obama regimes.
“I made clear once again that we are worried in view of the developments and the tensions in the region,” German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said to reporters. “We don’t want a military escalation.”
Pompeo abdicated constitutional responsibilities last month, deferring to deep state attorneys, and side-stepping questioning from non-interventionist Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) when he asked the Secretary about Congressional war powers regarding Iran.
The Constitution gives Congress the power to declare war, and we must make sure to take that responsibility seriously. Today, I asked Sec. Pompeo about this. pic.twitter.com/ASBTYn4Y2w
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) April 10, 2019
Pompeo also bragged about the lies he helped perpetrate while serving as CIA Director, actually claiming that the deep state’s propaganda operation reminds him of “the glory of the American experiment.”
It is feared that these “sabotage attacks” may serve as a provocation that will further drag the U.S. into another military conflict, which is what Trump campaigned against when running for President in 2016.
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.