In 2015, Planned Parenthood was exposed for trafficking the body parts of babies having been procured during abortions. The man who brought that information to the forefront now has even more “damning and incriminating” evidence on tape if a gag order can be lifted. 12 new videos would be dropped if the motion is passed by the federal judge.
David Daledien, president and founder of the Center for Medical Progress (CMP), along with his legal team, spoke with journalists on Thursday about the ongoing case against him in California. A motion was filed on Wednesday by Daledien and his lawyers to dismiss a gag order in the federal case where undercover sting videos show Planned Parenthood selling body parts of aborted babies for profit.
YouTube has censored this recently posted Center for Medical Progress video containing footage from a National Abortion Federation convention.You can no longer see it on CMP's YouTube channel, but you can see it here.Watch this video, save it, and share it. #PPSellsBabyParts
Posted by Pro-Life Action League on Friday, 26 May 2017
During a conference call with reporters, Daleiden said if they were successful at getting the gag order lifted, “You can expect probably a solid dozen more videos, really in the same vein as the original undercover video releases” from 2015. This was in response to a question from Washington Free Beacon‘s Bill McMorris.
The undercover videos from 2015 showed Planned Parenthood affiliates haggling over prices for body parts from aborted babies. Planned Parenthood’s response was to hire Fusion GPS to publish a report that suggested that editing had been done to the video.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF), a Planned Parenthood proxy, later brought a federal lawsuit against Daleiden, which entailed a federal judge place an injunction on further videos, some of which Daleiden described as “most damning.”
“NAF’s federal lawsuit was one of the first in federal court sought a federal gag order against the remaining undercover videos,” Daleiden told reporters on the call. “This undercover footage has not seen the light of day. It includes some of the most damning and incriminating tapes that we ever recorded” about “the sale of aborted baby parts.”
Three orders were filed last Wednesday in a San Francisco federal court by Daleiden’s lawyers, a motion to dismiss NAF’s complaint, an anti-SLAPP motion to strike NAF’s complaint, and a motion to dissolve or modify and clarify the preliminary injunction on the videos. In July, NAF dropped 7 of the 11 original claims against Daleiden and CMP. Since NAF’s federal lawsuit no longer includes federal claims, lawyers for Daleiden argues it should be struck out of federal court all together.
Directors from the NAF’s annual meetings in 2014 that CMP operatives attended is among the undercover footage not yet seen.
When asked by the Christian Post if they are optimistic about the outcome and when they think the ordeal will conclude, attorney and founder of the Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund, Charles LiMandri replied, “We know that we’re right on the law, both with these motions and other motions that are presently pending.”
LiMandri told reporters NAF doesn’t want this to go to trial because the entire world will see in great depth how disgusting and depraved this organization truly is.
A separate motion has been filed by Daleiden’s legal team to get Judge William Orrick III disqualified based on his documented ties to the abortion industry and lawyers for Daleiden don’t believe the judge would be able to preside over the case impartially.
LiMandri also added another factor that could come into play is a possible federal prosecution of Planned Parenthood considering the Department of Justice and FBI’s ongoing investigation into the abortion giant, “which could very much be a game-changer” for them.
Peter Breen of the Thomas More Society, and also on Daleiden’s legal team explained they are slowly cutting away at NAF’s claims and will continue to fight to expose the group.
“As we continue to excise parts of the other side’s case, our great hope is that they either give up and go away, that we get judgments against them entirely … we’d love it to be sooner rather than later, but we’re just going to pound until we get there,” he commented.
“In the criminal case, we are being very aggressive with testing the attorney general’s unique allegation against David. Not only is he the first undercover journalist ever to be prosecuted by the California attorney general for illegal taping that anyone has known or cited that we know of, all of his taping was in public areas, so these were not even allegedly private areas. These [were] restaurants, exhibit halls.”
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.