The XFL has essentially suspended its operations and laid off its employees, signaling that the spring football league has become the latest casualty of the national Chinese coronavirus epidemic. There are currently no plans to place the league back into operation next year.
The #XFL has suspended its Day to Day operations effective immediately and all team and league employees have been terminated
The statement was read to employees through a conference call by League President Jeffrey Pollack. No questions were taken. Call lasted all of 10 minutes
— Konnor Fulk (@KonnorFulk_XFL) April 10, 2020
The league was formed in 2018 by professional wrestling executive Vince McMahon, seeking to become the first major professional football league to compete with the NFL in almost a century. The league had appeared to show promise during its inaugural season, selling out arenas in which its teams competed and attracting a decent online following.
The league’s season was structured for a spring setting to avoid directly competing with the NFL, and the first season featured 10 games for eight teams. The season had to be suspended in early March when the national coronavirus epidemic required Americans to engage in social distancing, a practice that clearly prevents the congregation of fans in football stadiums.
But it appears the attempt to create a lasting alternative professional football league is destined to become the latest casualty of the coronavirus epidemic. There are no current plans to return to play in 2021, suggesting that the cessation of operations appears permanent.
The league currently has no plans to return in 2021. pic.twitter.com/NxZbHAKRsM
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 10, 2020
The XFL had possibly shown more of a resilient league structure than other ill-fated attempts to compete with the NFL, such as arena football and the 2001 incarnation of the XFL. Football fans who wanted a spring football league will now be left in the dark.
VIDEO: Dana White Devastates New York Times Hack After Successful UFC Pay-Per-View
White put the fake news in their place.
UFC promoter Dana White has been dogged by fake news reporters for pushing to continue his fights during the coronavirus panic, as they have worked at every turn to stop him from giving his fans what they want.
“A lot of these media guys are absolute and total f**king scumbags,” he said last month. “As soon as you let them know what you’re doing, all they’re trying to do is f**k up everything that you’ve worked. So I’ve literally told every one of these guys to go f**k themselves and I’m not telling any of them what I’m doing, where I’m doing it.”
The push back from fake news hacks and Democrat Party officials eventually forced White to cancel several shows, but he held the ultra successful UFC 249 pay-per-view on May 9. They drew a massive 700,000 buys for the event as the public grows more disgusted with the unprecedented shutdown of society.
“We absolutely destroyed it,” White said to Yahoo Sports via the telephone on Monday. “It was a home run by every measure. The early trends were good and they continued.”
The fake news media is very angry that White was able to hold a successful show despite their complaining. There have been prominent hit pieces published about the organization in the days following the event.
White’s response is classic and shows exactly how an individual or an entity should deal with the fake news vultures when under attack.
“F**k that guy… F**k that guy,” White said of the New York Times reporter who wrote an article critical of the UFC.
“You know what happened with that guy? That guy, who has never covered the sport ever before, was writing a story about [UFC parent corporation] Endeavor… and what do you think happened when this guy who and this paper covered the UFC when they never covered it before? What do you think happened? F**kin’ story was huge. They did killer traffic,” White explained.
White explained how the popularity of his organization was propping up the failing rag that is hemorrhaging money and going bankrupt rapidly.
“Now they’re writing stories three a week, and they’re posting live results. I don’t give a s**t what that guy thinks, what he has to say, or what he writes. Good for him, he’s pulling good traffic,” he added.
“I don’t give a f**k. Don’t give a f**k,” White said to conclude his rant.
White’s legendary rant against the fake news can be seen here:
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) May 14, 2020
White has set a great example to anyone who must deal with journalistic parasites. His defiance has put them in their place and humiliated them on a grand scale.
Sex Crime4 days ago
16-Year-Old Boy Says Mother Tried to Make Him Transgender at Age of 8 and Pimped Him Out to LGBT Perverts
Fake News Media2 days ago
Snopes Covers for Bill Gates’ Wife for Wearing Satanic Inverted Cross During Media Appearance
Culture4 days ago
CLOWNWORLD: Gay Sex Club Operates as ‘Essential Business’ in Michigan While Barbers Face Jail Time for Cutting Hair
Fake News Media4 days ago
BABY: CNN’s Brian Stelter Becomes Early Adapter of New Twitter ‘Disable Replies’ Feature
Politics3 days ago
Vicious Nursing Home Attacker Had COVID-19 and Was Quarantined Among the Elderly Despite Mental Illness and Felony Charges
Campaign 20204 days ago
WATCH: 46 Minutes of Joe Biden Stuttering, Getting Confused, Forgetting What He’s Talking About
Sex Crime2 days ago
Whistleblower: Jeffrey Epstein Collaborator Scoured Trailer Parks to Find Underage Child Sex Victims
Sex Crime2 days ago
REVEALED: How Twitter Turns a Blind Eye to Child Rape Videos Distributed on Their Platform