Connect with us

Featured

61 Shot in Chicago Over the Weekend, 8 fatally

Published

on

In Chicago over the weekend, 61 people were shot, 8 of them fatally and two missing teenage boys were found dead in a field late Sunday evening. This is the second most violent weekend this year in Chicago, with 72 being shot, 12 fatally the first weekend in August.

Police Supt. Eddie Johnson was to speak about the weekend’s shootings at 10:30 a.m. on Monday at Chicago Police Headquarters.

Anthony Guglielmi, CPD spokesman said there were three people of interest that were taken into custody in connection with some of the shootings as of Monday morning. Officers seized 83 guns, arrested 29 people on gun charges, and shut down 68 gatherings over the weekend for illegal activity, according to CBS Chicago.

Trending: VIDEO: Chinese Factory Worker Caught Contaminating Hundreds of Medical Face Masks

On Sunday, bodies of a 16-year-old and 17-year-old boy were discovered on the edge of Golden Gate Park at 130th and Eberhart, dying from having been shot. The 16-year-old boy was identified by his father as Raysuan Turner. The 17-year-old, however, has not yet been confirmed. Andrew Holmes, community activist in the area said that both boys had been reported missing on Friday.

CBS Chicago reported the other fatal shootings over the weekend included:

• Daquan Albright, 17, was shot and killed near 73rd and Claremont around 6:15 p.m. Sunday,
• a 19-year-old man shot and killed near 40th and Calumet around 3:30 p.m. Sunday,
• Dennis Thomas Jr., 33, was shot and killed while sitting in a car in the 4600 block of North Clifton around 8:10 a.m. Sunday,
• a 23-year-old man shot in the back on the sidewalk on the 2300 block of West 72nd around 8 p.m. Saturday,
• a 27-year-old man shot and killed near 70th and Sangamon shortly before 3 p.m. Friday,
• and 15-year-old Steven Rosenthal, who authorities say shot himself in the head while fleeing police Friday evening.

The bloodshed over the weekend also included two separate incidents that were considered mass shootings.

President Donald Trump has been very outspoken, calling out the leaders in Chicago and their inability to handle the violence properly. During a meeting on prison reform earlier this month in Bedminster, New Jersey, Trump stated, “I guess you have to take it from the leadership.” He added, “It’s called bad leadership.”

Just a month after Trump took office, he said the crime in Chicago was “totally out of control,” and even threatened to “send in the feds.”

“There’s no reason in a million years something like this should be happening,” Trump said.

 

 

 

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Bypass Tech Censorship!

Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!

Have a hot tip for Big League Politics?

Got a hot news tip for us? Photos or video of a breaking story? Send your tips, photos and videos to tips@bigleaguepolitics.com. All hot tips are immediately forwarded to BLP Staff.

Have something to say? Send your own guest column or original reporting to submissions@bigleaguepolitics.com.

Featured

Putting America Back to Work, President Trump Calls for New $2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill

Published

on

President Trump on Tuesday said a historic investment in infrastructure and jobs should be part of a fourth congressional coronavirus relief package, citing an opportunity with the current Fed rate of near zero.

“With interest rates for the United States being at ZERO, this is the time to do our decades long awaited Infrastructure Bill. It should be VERY BIG & BOLD, Two Trillion Dollars, and be focused solely on jobs and rebuilding the once great infrastructure of our Country! Phase 4”, the President tweeted.

take our poll - story continues below

Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump?

  • Are Democrats and the Fake News Media rooting for the Wuhan coronavirus to destroy the economy to remove Trump? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The idea of a trillion dollar infrastructure deal is one of the earliest ideas that Trump campaign on back in 2016. In his 2018 State of the Union address the President called on the Congress to set aside $1.5 trillion for an infrastructure plan.

According to reports by the American Society of Civil Engineers more than $2 trillion in additional funding is needed for American infrastructure by 2025 alone. The World Economic Forum this year ranked the U.S. 13th in matters of infrastructure, according to its global competitiveness report. Nations listed higher included Singapore, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Japan, Korea, UAE, the Netherlands, and Spain.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who is normally at odds with President Trump, said in an interview on Tuesday that broadband investments and water projects are examples of infrastructure that would be relevant to a fourth conornavirus response.

Although Trump’s plan has been met in the past with opposition from both members of the Republican Party and members of the Congress, the current situation of the American economy paired with the recent hostile takeover of part of the Fed Bank by the U.S. Treasury makes a favorable environment for such a bold investment.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending