Connect with us

News

As Coronavirus Panic Reaches All-Time High, More Americans Plan Cruise Ship Vacations

This could make things drastically worse.

Published

on

More Americans are planning on going on cruise vacations in 2021, hoping that the coronavirus pandemic will just be a forgotten memory by then, and they can once again go about their lives.

Analysts at UBS have reported that booking volume has “gone up 9 percent in the last 30 days versus the same time last year” for cruise ships in 2021. This is occurring in spite of the fact that the vast majority of cruise ships are quarantined during the panic.

“That includes people applying their future cruise credits from sailings that were cancelled this year, but still shows a surprising resilience in desire to book a cruise,” UBS equity analysts wrote in their March 31 release regarding cruise lines.

Trending: Snopes Covers for Bill Gates’ Wife for Wearing Satanic Inverted Cross During Media Appearance

The report shows that most of the cruise goers hope to leave for Asia and Alaska. The individuals are signing up despite the fact that current cruise ships are still roaming at sea due to potential spread of the coronavirus.

take our poll - story continues below

LOCKDOWN POLL: Should America reopen for business?

  • 🔒LOCKDOWN POLL🔒 Should America reopen for business? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Cruise ship attendees are now begging states to let them come onto their shores even though individuals arriving on shore could spread the coronavirus:

When Andrea Anderson and her husband boarded the MS Zaandam cruise ship in Buenos Aires, Argentina, more than three weeks ago, they didn’t know that their trip of a lifetime would disastrously coincide with a global pandemic that would leave them shut out and stranded at sea.

Unable to find a port willing to accept it, the ship has been stuck in a holding pattern for nearly two weeks as it desperately goes from country to country.

So far it has been rejected by Chile, Peru and Argentina, which all sealed their ports because of the coronavirus outbreak.

It is now charting a hope-filled course for the United States, namely Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

“I don’t know if they are going to accept us. I hope they do,” said Anderson, 63, a fiber artist from Maineville, Ohio. “We need to get off this ship.”

Anderson and more than 1,200 other passengers are pleading with Florida to let them in, but officials, including Gov. Ron DeSantis, say the state simply doesn’t have the resources to take on an extra burden amid a growing health crisis.

“We cannot afford to have people who are not even Floridians dumped into South Florida using up those valuable resources,” DeSantis said Monday on Fox News.

Four people have died on the ship, at least two of them from the coronavirus, while nine others have tested positive and 179 more have flu-like symptoms.

“People are getting sick, and they need proper medical attention in a hospital. They cannot be treated onboard,” Anderson said. “The people on this boat, we are all someone’s parent, grandparent, aunt and uncle. The governor should think, ‘What if my mother was on that boat?'”

While DeSantis has expressed staunch disapproval of the passengers’ disembarking, the final say lies in the hands of the Broward County Commission, which wasn’t able to come to a decision Tuesday. The commission is waiting for clear and proper protocols for disembarkation by the cruise line.

Commissioners still have a lot of conditions to consider, a spokesperson said.

The public hopes that the pandemic conditions are remedied in the near future, but if they are wrong, they will put themselves in serious danger with their cruise plans in 2021.

News

Man Who Brutally Assaulted Michigan Nursing Home Resident Arrested, Charged, and Named

The brute’s name is Jayden Hayden.

Published

on

The perpetrator of a horrific taped assault at a patient at a Michigan nursing home has been arrested, charged, and finally named.

Detroit Police arrested 20-year old Jayden Hayden of Ypsilanti, Michigan on Sunday morning. Hayden is being charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm, larceny in a building and two counts of financial transaction device, steal/retain without consent.

The financial crimes relate to Hayden allegedly stealing the credit cards of 75-year old Norman Bledsoe.

The conscience of the nation had been shocked when video of Hayden brutally assaulting the senior citizen in a nursing home bedroom went viral. President Trump himself expressed his shock at the callous footage, in which Hayden repeatedly punched and beat the U.S. Army veteran.

Hayden has apparently uploaded videos online of other despicable assaults against senior citizens.

Detroit Prosecutor Kym Worthy expressed her resolve to hold Hayden criminally accountable for the heinous crime.

The alleged actions of this defendant are truly and uniquely disturbing. We must be able to trust our loved ones in specialty care facilities. I truly hope that the facts of this care are one of a kind.” Hayden was arraigned in court on Sunday morning.

New facts of the case seem to suggest that Hayden himself was a short-term resident of the Westwood Nursing Center, as opposed to an employee of the facility, which some had speculated.

Hayden seems to express racist and anti-white beliefs in some of his social media uploads, stating that he believes that “black people are meant to rule the earth.” However, it doesn’t appear as if local authorities are treating the savage, cowardly assault as a hate crime at this point.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending