Four days after blood of free speech activists and anti-free speech protesters spilled on the streets of Berkeley in a violent clash, the California University campus in the city has cancelled a speech by Ann Coulter citing security concerns, but she isn’t about to let that stop her.
“I’m giving a speech,” Coulter told the Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday. “Speech will go on.”
UC Berkeley was once known for the Free Speech Movement born on its campus in 1964, when students rallied together to demand that the administration lift a long held ban on-campus political activities.
As leftist anarchists continue to disrupt and shut down political speakers who do not share their ideals, Berkeley’s once great legacy has been trampled — along with the rights of students to challenge their own ideas.
“We have been unable to find a safe and suitable venue for your planned April 27 event featuring Ann Coulter,” vice chancellors Scott Biddy and Stephen Sutton said in an email to the Berkeley College Republicans and BridgeUSA, who were responsible for hosting the event.
The organizers of the April 27 event are not willing to give up so easily however, and have vowed to fight the university’s decision, calling it unconstitutional prior restraint.
For her part, Coulter told THR that, “yes, it was officially banned.”
“But they can’t stop me. I’m an American. I have Constitutional rights.”
Coulter’s speech is supposed to focus on immigration, which is also the subject of her latest book, ‘In Trump We Trust.’
“If that’s banned, then no conservative can speak,” Coulter told THR. “Meanwhile, corrupt banana republic leaders like Vincente Fox have the red carpet rolled out for them on the taxpayer’s dime.”
As Coulter noted, Fox spoke at UC Berkeley earlier this week, without incident.
“In the wake of events surrounding the planned appearance by (right-wing speaker) Milo Yiannopoulos in February, as well as several riots which have occurred in recent weeks in the city of Berkeley, we have increased our scrutiny regarding the time and location of high-profile speakers so that these events can go forward unimpeded,” the email continued.
Over the weekend, violence and chaos erupted in the city as anarchists dressed in black bloc attire aimed to shut down a pro-free speech rally dubbed “Patriot’s Day.” The militant leftists threw bottles, M80s, and other instruments of riots into the crowd primarily consisting of Trump supporters.
The rally was in response to violent protesters who had attacked a pro-Trump rally on March 4, called the “March 4 Trump.” Multiple people were injured in the clash, including an elderly man who was pepper sprayed.
In February, militant leftists violently shut down a Milo Yiannopoulos speaking event at the university by throwing a firebomb, physically assaulting event attendees, looting a Starbucks, and vandalizing the area.
The rioters caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the MLK Student Union between $400,000 and $500,000 in damage to the area outside the university.
Fortunately, the student’s may have legal recourse to force the university to allow the event to continue.
On Friday, Auburn University in Alabama had announced that they would not let Richard Spencer, the highly controversial white nationalist behind the National Policy Institute, speak on their campus. The university, like UC Berkeley, cited safety concerns.
Hours before the event was originally set to take place however, a federal judge granted an injunction requested by Spencer, to compel the university to host his speech.
“While Mr. Spencer’s beliefs and message are controversial, Auburn presented no evidence that Mr. Spencer advocates violence,” US District Court Judge W. Keith Watkins said in his ruling. He noted that peaceful free speech is protected by the US Constitution.
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
President Trump Rejects Paying For Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Private Security
The royal celebrities will foot the bill.
President Trump made it clear on a Sunday tweet that British royals Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would have to pay for their own security costs upon moving full-time to the United States, clarifying that they wouldn’t receive federal security under an existing arrangement that covers British royals temporarily visiting the US.
I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 29, 2020
The royal celebrities have distanced themselves from the Queen, apparently viewing themselves as victims of relentless paparazzi and media attention.
Harry and Markle initially moved to Canada after resigning from the royal family, but they’ve recently moved to Hollywood just before the Canadian border was closed to nonessential travel due to the Chinese coronavirus epidemic. The elitist couple apparently plans on reinventing themselves as American-style celebrities, and have hired a small army of media consultants and public relations agents to market their image.
When information of their move to Los Angeles became public knowledge, many began to speculate if they’d recieve taxpayer-funded security in a manner akin to British royals visiting the United States on official state vists. President Trump’s Sunday tweet appears to eliminate that possibility.
The thirteen colonies that became the United States rebelled against the yoke of the British monarchy for a reason. President Trump’s decision to cut off the wannabee celebrities from publicly-funded security is a deeply American decision. The UK’s monarchy is one of the wealthiest legacy institutions in the western world, and it would be absurd to imagine that it can’t afford to hire private security for the ‘former’ royals, who are set to fully renounce their royal obligations at the end of the month.
Trending on BLP
Big League Wellness3 days ago
Dr. Anthony Fauci Plotted ‘Global Vaccine Action Plan’ with Bill Gates Before Pushing COVID Panic and Doubts About Hydroxychloroquine Treatments
News3 days ago
GLOBALISM: Bush Foundation Ships 2 Million Masks to China Despite Increasing Shortages in America
News3 days ago
A Broken Clock is Right Twice a Day: Charlie Kirk Calls for Moratorium on All Visas During Wuhan Virus Pandemic
News3 days ago
The Wuhan Virus Takes a Bite Out of a Bronx Zoo Tiger
News3 days ago
British Politicians Believe that the Wuhan Virus Pandemic Might Have Come from a Leak at a Chinese Laboratory
Big League Wellness4 days ago
New York Storefronts Boarded Up as Burglaries Rise 75%
Culture2 days ago
Father Handcuffed, Arrested for Playing Tee Ball with Wife and Daughter in Public Park
Border Security3 days ago
Smugglers Posing as Border Wall Construction Crew Arrested After Border Patrol Shootout