Connect with us

Hollywood

Buzz Aldrin Puts Hollywood on Blast After Flag Planting Left Out of Moon Landing

Published

on

One of the first two humans to land on the moon took multiple swipes at Hollywood on Sunday night after reports surfaced that a movie about man’s greatest achievement will omit perhaps the proudest accomplishment in American history.

Buzz Aldrin, Lunar Module pilot of Apollo 11, Tweeted photos of himself and Neil Armstrong planting an American flag on the moon, captioning the Tweet with several hashtags.

“proudtobeanAmerican,” he said, along with “#freedom,” “#honor,” “#onenation” and “#Apollo11.”

take our poll - story continues below

RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Aldrin Tweeted the image in the midst of outrage among many Americans regarding the decision to omit the flag-planting on the moon from the upcoming film “First Man,” starring Canadian actor Ryan Gosling.

Gosling defended the decision, saying that the moon landing “transcended countries and borders.”

Aldrin does not seem to agree. He also posted photos of himself wearing a shirt that depicts the flag planting Saturday.

The historical fact of the matter is that American went to the moon. American engineers, scientists and astronauts. Nothing about the American moon landing “transcended borders.” To strip the moon landing of its nationalistic historical context is foolish. One of the main objectives of the mission was to beat the Soviet Union to the moon.

But American pride is unacceptable in Hollywood. It’s considered uncouth. After all, the average American is the scourge of the earth to these people.

Gosling further defended the decision.

“I think this was widely regarded in the end as a human achievement [and] that’s how we chose to view it,” he said. “I also think Neil was extremely humble, as were many of these astronauts, and time and time again he deferred the focus from himself to the 400,000 people who made the mission possible.”

The only reasonable response from American consumers is to boycott this anti-American crap. There are plenty of interesting – and historically accurate – documentaries about the moon landing.

Perhaps watch one of those instead.


Follow Peter D’Abrosca on Twitter: @pdabrosca

Hollywood

‘Ghostbusters’ Director Blames Hillary Clinton’s Unpopularity for Failure of All-Female Franchise Reboot

Maybe your movie just stunk, dude.

Published

on

Nearly four years later, the all-female reboot of ‘Ghostbusters’ is now remembered as one of the worst atrocities in the history of cinema, and director Paul Feig is blaming anti-Hillary Clinton backlash for its failure.

“I think some really brilliant author … needs to write a book about 2016 and how intertwined we were with Hillary [Clinton] and the anti-Hillary movement,” Feig said while appearing on SiriusXM radio last week.

“Everyone was at a boiling point. I don’t know if it was having an African American president for eight years that teed them up, they were just ready to explode,” he added.

Feig is desperate to make excuses for his movie’s failure, rather than take personal responsibility for creating one of the worst movies in film history.

take our poll - story continues below

RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“It’s crazy how people got nuts about women trying to be in power or be in positions they weren’t normally in,” Feig said. “It was an ugly, ugly year.”

The fake news media has been pushing the line that sexism doomed the movie since its historic failure at the box office during its summer 2016 release. However, ‘Ghostbusters’ creator Ivan Reitman believes that it was nostalgia that caused the backlash, not sexism. Viewers did not want to watch a ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot that was seemingly blasphemous to the original.

“I think there’s way too much talk about gender [when it comes to this film],” Reitman said during an interview with Mashable. “I think that many of the people who were complaining were actually lovers of the [original] movie, not haters of women.”

Feig refuses to admit that his creation was so horrendous and even hopes to release a grueling 3.5 hour directors’ cut of the flick despite the fact that nobody wants to see it.

Because the movie was such a massive bomb, the cast has been scrapped and replaced with a new cast for the upcoming re-boot “Ghostbusters: Afterlife.” The initial trailer was released last year to rave reviews.

It can be seen here:

Actress Leslie Jones, who starred in the failed all-female reboot, whined about the new movie that is set for theaters in 2021 for completely sweeping her movie under the rug. Similar to her director, she blamed Trump because everyone hated her awful movie.

Feig and Jones, in true liberal fashion, have refused to own up to their own failures. They will continue to create scapegoats instead of admitting the obvious about their horrendous movie that failed spectacularly in its feminist agenda of female empowerment.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending