Connect with us

Tech

ByteDance Agrees to Sell TikTok After President Trump’s Threat to Shut Down China-Based Social Media App

Microsoft will be acquiring TikTok.

Published

on

The Chinese corporation ByteDance has agreed to sell social media platform TikTok to Microsoft after President Donald Trump threatened to shut down TikTok in the U.S.

Reuters reported on Saturday that ByteDance caved to Trump’s demands for the firm to divest in U.S. operations of TikTok entirely. TikTok has been accused of funneling the personal data of U.S. citizens to the Chinese communist government.

“We are here for the long run. Continue to share your voice here and let’s stand for TikTok,” TikTok U.S. general manager Vanessa Pappas said in a video released on Saturday.

Trending: Twitter Censors Audio of Detroit Poll Workers Being Trained to Lie to Voters, Destroy Ballots, Stop Challengers

Under the proposed deal, Microsoft will be in charge of TikTok’s U.S. user data. The rest of the U.S. operations for TikTok are expected to be taken over by another corporation.

take our poll - story continues below

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense?

  • VOTE NOW: Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense when he shot three BLM rioters? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

President Trump had previously threatened to shut down TikTok in the U.S. this weekend if they refused to change their business model to ensure that the personal data of U.S. citizens cannot be exploited by the Chinese.

“As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump said to reporters on Friday, adding that he could do so with emergency economic powers or through an executive order.

Big League Politics has reported on how TikTok is being investigated by the federal government as a potential hazard to national security:

The U.S. government is beginning a national security review of the Chinese-owned TikTok viral video app.

Reuters reported on the beginning of the investigation on Friday. The U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States is inquiring into TikTok’s parent company, Beijing ByteDance Technology Co.

Specifically, investigators are said to be probing the company’s 2017 $1 billion acquisition of another app, Musical.ly. That app was combined with TikTok in August of 2018.

Foreign companies that acquire American technology entities are subject to review by the Committee on Foreign Investment. TikTok’s parent was never reviewed for its acquistion of Musical.ly, and is thus being investigated after the fact for any potential discrepancies related to their business practices.

TikTok has skyrocketed in popularity, becoming one of the most popular social media apps since its initial release in 2016. It boasts more than 26 million annual users, 60% of whom are between 16-24 years old.

Much of the content uploaded on the platform is innocuous, allowing users to make easily edited videos and viral content.

Senators such as Josh Hawley and Marco Rubio have expressed concern that TikTok’s owners could be cooperating with the Chinese government to surveil Americans and implement political censorship.

The founder of Musical.ly, Alex Zhu, began to report directly to ByteDance’s Chinese CEO, Zhang Yiming. He had previously reported to a lower-ranking ByteDance subsidiary.

Hawley has called for TikTok executives to testify next week at a Senate hearing in regards to American consumer data ending up in the hands of Chinese companies. Chinese businesses are required by law to cooperate with the nation’s intelligence agencies.

President Trump has demonstrated that his tough talk can result in action that will protect U.S. citizens from being sold out to Chinese communists.

Tech

Mailchimp Issues New Terms of Service Banning All ‘Misleading’ Content ‘in Their Sole Discretion’

More Orwellian censorship from Big Tech.

Published

on

The popular email service, Mailchimp has released new terms of service that call for the banning of any “misleading” content “in their sole discretion,” particularly when it pertains to narratives not approved by the official media.

“We’ve updated our language to further clarify our Rules (Section 17 of STOU), which state that Mailchimp does not allow the distribution of Content that is, in our sole discretion, materially false, inaccurate, or misleading in a way that could deceive or confuse others about important events, topics, or circumstances,” the new terms of service read.

Podcaster and conservative activist Tracy Beanz drew attention to Mailchimp’s problematic change in their terms of service in a social media post:

take our poll - story continues below

Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense?

  • VOTE NOW: Did Kyle Rittenhouse act in self defense when he shot three BLM rioters? 

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

This is occurring in response to the infamous laptop-from-hell leaks that show Hunter Biden in all kinds of compromising situations, as his years of being a crack-loving hooker fiend finally catch up with him. In an attempt to protect the fledgling presidential campaign of his father, Big Tech entities have conspired to censor the story but to no avail.

Big League Politics published a story showing how alternative news outlets are being targeted in this coordinated attack on free speech by these tech monopolies:

Twitter has exploded in an onslaught of dishonest left-wing censorship, targeting conservative-leaning media outlets for temporary bans and suspensions in the wake of a series of Hunter Biden corruption reports.

The New York Post- one of the largest newspapers in the entire country- has been locked down by Twitter since initially reporting the Hunter Biden laptop story earlier this month. The Post hasn’t tweeted since October 14th, having been silenced by the tech monopoly for almost two weeks in the heat of the presidential election.

The Gateway Pundit, one of the most viral and popular conservative news sites, was placed onto a 12-hour Twitter suspension for reporting on contents released from Hunter Biden’s laptop. GP reporter Cassandra Fairbanks confirmed that the site had been placed on a 12-hour suspension on Friday.

Big League Politics was placed on a 12-hour Twitter suspension on Saturday night, with the platform arbitrarily citing BLP’s #DetroitLeaks reporting. Remarkably, one of the tweets found to violate the Twitter rules was none other than an unedited video of a Michigan poll worker instructor speaking!

It violates the Twitter rules to record and play audio from a public elections official explaining processes and rules for poll workers, apparently.

Mainstream media “journalists” are instead frantically demanding more weak minded censorship on the part of Silicon Valley oligarchs.

Big Tech has demonstrated gross negligence by enacting the Orwellian nightmare in a desperate attempt to oust President Trump from office. Their electoral interference schemes are worse than anything the Russians could ever devise.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending